PDA

View Full Version : UK Tech-stops

sellbydate
24th Mar 2015, 10:10
Can anyone clarify the rules regarding the payment of VAT on fuel and handling services along with the new UK APD charges, when flying a non-EU-registered aircraft into a UK airport just for tech-stop purposes - i.e. nobody's getting off the aircraft, we're just filling up with fuel to move on across the pond?

Bit too much ambiguity about the tax issues here.

tommoutrie
26th Mar 2015, 09:40
Didn't Phil do that?

Where's his post gone?

Broadsword calling Danny Boy.. Broadsword calling Danny Boy...

Phil Brockwell
26th Mar 2015, 10:55
I did Tom,

I guess too shameless.

The answer is - as long as your next stop is outside the UK then no VAT or APD to pay.

Phil

globetrotter87
31st Mar 2015, 14:37
Hey Sell by date.. I know we EGAA recently which worked well. We were advised that we dont pay VAT on the fuel as long as we are not staying in the UK.. We asked a few others and they agreed.. On APD we had to pay when using other airports but not when using Dublin or Shannon due to them being in ROI.. And then we found out the EGAA didnt have APD even though they are in the UK as the local goverment have got rid of them on long haul......

Worked well for us and I would recommended them anytime..

Hope it helps..

Phil Brockwell
31st Mar 2015, 15:47
hmmmmm....3 posts and all praising EGAA to the skies.....

For a tech stop there are no APD's or VAT in ANY UK airport assuming you are leaving the UK and picking up more than a dribble.

PB

Astra SPx
31st Mar 2015, 17:07
You shouldn't make comments like that after the post you made touting the business you work for that was deleted by a moderator. Reality check, Brockwell.

silverknapper
31st Mar 2015, 17:36
To be fair to Phil there seems to be a highly unusual push on BFS recently. A cynic might think this is statistically unlikely to be a fluke.

Phil Brockwell
31st Mar 2015, 17:47
AstraSpx

Sellbydate had a question about APD's and VAT when performing a tech stop in the UK. I answered the question accurately. I also asked if I could quote if the route was suitable.

A cynic I may be, but an honest Cynic.

PB

Astra SPx
31st Mar 2015, 17:58
Yes Phil...

It was blatantly advertising the services of your firm. Hence why it was rightly deleted.

To then go and 'throw stones' at those whom you perceive to be touting Belfast is out of order.

"Too shameless" by your own admission!

Phil Brockwell
31st Mar 2015, 18:06
Different values I suppose, nice to have something to get animated about though, eh?

N4565L
31st Mar 2015, 18:43
Cynice, on PPRUNE, never !

Honest, well PB using real name, anybody else ? :D

SixFiveLima

globetrotter87
31st Mar 2015, 19:51
I can delete my post on this thread if pref?? I also think EINN is a very good airport.. the only reason I posted was to answer the guys question ref APD and VAT i know there has been VAT charged by some operators but I assume this is just to make a few extra $ on the bill... sneaky..

Phil is correct from my information no VAT or APD as long as flying outside UK..

N4565L
3rd Apr 2015, 00:37
Never even considered Bristol/EGGD as a tech stop for pond jumping & as it's referenced here I have asked a few questions. Will give it a try and report back.

65Lima

dc9-32
3rd Apr 2015, 06:38
The Middle Eastern based flight support vendors add VAT on private flights uplifting in UK and going overseas.

VAT on private/domestic (quantities 0 - 2299 Litres) 5%
VAT on private/domestic (quantities 2300 - 99999 Litres) 20%

FerrypilotDK
18th Apr 2015, 04:06
Then they are thieves!

dc9-32
18th Apr 2015, 06:09
Then they are thieves!

But we know that already !

bacardi walla
19th May 2015, 07:54
How does being charged VAT apply to a reseller UK based or otherwise.