PDA

View Full Version : C441 Conquest II pre-buy in/near Jo'burg?

Tinstaafl
23rd Mar 2015, 00:20
The company owner is keen to buy a C441 Conquest that's in Johannesburg (keen enough to put money in escrow for it). It will need a pre-buy inspection from a reputable maintenance firm familiar with the type, prior to ferrying to the USA

Anyone have suggestions/recommendations for an inspection firm?

Big Pistons Forever
23rd Mar 2015, 00:56
Might be worth paying for somebody from West Star in Grand Junction Colorado USA to fly over and have a look at it. I know it is a long way for somebody to travel but they are the Conquest experts and have probably worked on half the Conquests ever made.

They did the SIDS and a lot of major work on a corporate Conquest flown by a friend of mine. The company was extremely pleased with the work done and the expertise of the maintenance personnel.

Bottom line is the USA to SA airline ticket could look really cheap if there is some expensive secrets in the airplane you are looking at ......

Horatio Leafblower
23rd Mar 2015, 01:57
Hi Tinny,

I also would recommend getting someone from the USA - We used Corporate Aviation from Fresno CA on our Conquest, and they found US$150,000 in rectifications that hadn't been completed as claimed by the sales agent :ugh:

We couldn't have been happier with the result, and the quality of work done. Ask for Bob Bagley.

Cheers

Tinstaafl
23rd Mar 2015, 17:44
Thank you, both! I hadn't thought of sending a US based maint. person. I've heard of West Star, and their C441 expertise too.