PDA

View Full Version : Malaysia launches new airline: FlyMojo

Jumeirah James
17th Mar 2015, 06:50
Malaysia launches new airline with $1.5bn deal - BBC News (http://m.bbc.com/news/business-31918119)

I don't think they did too much research when they came up with this name :hmm:

DjerbaDevil
17th Mar 2015, 09:11
Too right! Without doubt not too many Spanish speakers will be flying with this airline....

CRayner
17th Mar 2015, 09:50
This can mean many things, see Wikipedia. However, the most commonly used meaning derives from Southern US black culture, and specifically from the use of lucky charms, commonly carried in a small bag. This is an aspect of Louisiana Voodoo, a form of animistic religion derived from West African folk religious practices which arrived with the slaves shipped in to the southern plantations.

Initially a kind of all purpose powerful augmentative and protective spell, latterly the use of mojo has come to be focussed on sexual prowess and attraction. This tendency was enhanced by Muddy Waters' 1957 hit 'I got my mojo workin''

Now how this relates to airlines I don't know, but it suggests to me that either the airline is relying on magic, or that the cabin staff are particularly sexually attractive. These may be good or bad things, depending on your point of view, I suppose.:)

Anilv
17th Mar 2015, 09:52
with pilots in cravats and purple velvet....oooh behave!

and the spinning bed.. got to have the spinning bed..!

Martin the Martian
18th Mar 2015, 13:23
You can just see the headlines when FlyMojo stop a certain route:

"(insert airport name) loses its Mojo"

dc9-32
19th Mar 2015, 06:56
SLF to CSR

"Are we on time today"

"yeh baby".........

Coat is on.