PDA

View Full Version : Tour Pilots

B Sousa
7th Jun 2002, 15:27
I suggested to the Powers that maybe another Forum to be added for both Fixed Wing and Rotary Wing Tour Pilots. Apparently its a big problem to moderate all that are here now. Maybe more of us(myself included) should throw some money at Danny
Anyway, what are the thoughts on this. A forum where its jobs specific and We can talk about the varierty of problems that plague the business, besides 911 and its fallout.
Or maybe just keep this thread alive.

Heliport
9th Jun 2002, 23:16
Bert
I agree with helidrvr. Better to keep all things rotary on one forum. Even people not directly involved in your field will be interested to learn about it.
Why not start with a description of what you fly, what you do etc. Do you fly Grand Canyon tours from Vegas?
Finish with a suggestion - and email the link to other tour pilots you know to encourage them to join Rotorheads and contribute to the discussion.

Buitenzorg
10th Jun 2002, 00:15
Bert,

Considering your location I can see your point, as R/W and F/W traffic use much of the same airspace and route structure (with proper vertical separation of course!) in the Grand Canyon, and issues dealing with the pax (narration, "I said puke IN the bag!") are much the same for both groups too. But this is not usually the case (F/W tours of New York?) and our experiences may be of value to our fellow Rotorheads. So I'm with our esteemed moderators on this one. Let's just use the word "tour" in the thread title where appropriate and tell our plank tour colleagues about these discussions.

paco
10th Jun 2002, 09:58
What do we do?

it's not as glamorous as the Grand Canyon, but Niagara Falls catches the tourists as well, and the 407 is a nice ship

phil