PDA

View Full Version : 737-200 job in Kinshasa!

JoePilot410
14th Mar 2015, 16:57
It appears that Jet Express is looking for non-ZS pilots to fly their 737-200 in Kinshasa. They are listing for a First Officer position, based in Kinshasa. The VERY generous terms are as follows:

US$4000/mo salary
US$30 per day per diem
7 months on/1 month off
Pay for your own training
Pay for your own SACAA validation
Accommodations and transport provided - no walking!

I thought I'd share this exciting news with everyone. Here is my reply to them:

Dear Sirs,

Here are my requirements to fly a 737-200 in the Democratic Republic of Congo:

[*}A GENEROUS US$4,000 monthly salary, paid by me, to Jet-Express.
I would like to pay out of my own pocket for simulator training, yours too if possible!
I would also like to pay out of my own pocket for a SACAA validation.
Looking to spend more than 7 months on duty, preferably no time at all at home. Who wants to spend time with family when they could be getting robbed, mobbed and extorted in lovely Kinshasa?
Well under $100/day per diem in Kinshasa. Who needs to eat more than once per day?
I would also like to pay for my accommodations.
Speaking of accommodations, I demand non-working air-con, no generator and no internet access. Mosquito net strictly optional at your wise discretion.
Pigeon French-only speaking driver who enjoys Primus on the job.
Scenic flying to such destinations as: Kinshasa, Brazzaville, Goma, Kananga, Kisangani, Mbuji-Mayi, Mbandaka, Gemena, Gbadolite, Bukavu, Bunia & Lubumbashi.
I also enjoy water bourne diseases, Malaria and Dengue fever, but I must insist on covering all of my own medical expenses when ill, especially if a medevac becomes necessary.

It seems the biggest sticking point here would be decreasing the paid salary by US$8,000 in your favor to me paying you. If only I could pay Jet-Express, I would most certainly jump at this opportunity to fly such modern, safe equipment in some of the best flying conditions known to man. Jet Express' generosity appears to be the main reason we won't be able to work together. It seems our terms are so close, yet so far away! Just reduce or remove a few more benefits from your T&C and we can become partners in your success.

I sincerely hope this is a MONUSCO contract too, because nobody cares about safety more than The UN!

So, why no South African nationals jumping on this? It is befuddling. Waiting for the first post from the guy with 212 hours Frozen ATPL to ask how to apply in 3...2...1...

ChickenHouse
15th Mar 2015, 08:16
I'll bet they find some desperate jumping on, but do I want to fly with him/her?

Farting Sloth
17th Mar 2015, 10:40
DAMMIT! I only have a rating on 737 - 300/400/500/800 so unfortunately I won't be applying. :{

Solid Rust Twotter
17th Mar 2015, 10:55
Yeah, that's a real knife in the heart FS. Be brave and handle the disappointment like a man...:}

Trackdiamond
19th Mar 2015, 18:14
Honestly!!!!!

Emmhh...no mention was made to bring a handful of vaseline to assist in smoothening training with Capt.Shaft BIG Score?? And pampers to counter the effects of turbulence and CBs Equatorial relief?!:E