PDA

View Full Version : Safest cities in the world.

con-pilot
13th Mar 2015, 21:40
Tokyo is the safest city in the world | AOL Features (http://features.aol.com/video/tokyo-safest-city-world?icid=maing-grid7%7Chtmlws-main-bb%7Cdl4%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D627275)

Interestingly enough, not a single city in the UK made the list, but New York City did.

How did that happen Gertrude? :p

Australia had two cities that made the list. Well done! :ok:

bcgallacher
14th Mar 2015, 00:24
It depends on your definition of safe. One thing for sure Lagos is not on the list.

con-pilot
14th Mar 2015, 00:31
One thing for sure Lagos is not on the list.

:D:D:D:D.............................

bcgallacher
14th Mar 2015, 00:33
London and New York have about the same population - between 8 and 9 million. Murders in N.Y. at a record low 333 in a year,London also at a record low of about 100. Proves my point - how do you define safe.

con-pilot
14th Mar 2015, 00:40
how do you define safe.

First off, I did not, the survey did, ask them. Also if you had watched the start of the report murder was not the only thing used in determining the safety of the cities.

New York City made the top ten list, no city in the UK did, learn to live with it.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
14th Mar 2015, 00:40
Greater Toronto Area has 5.5 million inhabitants, 11 homicides last year.

There were 33 shootings, resulting in 12 injuries and 4 deaths, so they aren't very good shots!

I've spent some time in Winnipeg, Canada's murder capital. I felt safer than I ever did in most small English towns, though I had been advised not to wander the North End after dark.

con-pilot
14th Mar 2015, 00:49
FYI, Economist Intelligence Unit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economist_Intelligence_Unit)

Is a London based organization. :E

Fox3WheresMyBanana
14th Mar 2015, 00:55
It is also important to look at the nature of the homicides. Round here, it's always family. I think the last stranger homicide was back in the 1970's.

Seldomfitforpurpose
14th Mar 2015, 01:19
Oh [email protected]@K me an American wishing to discuss who is safest where in the world, who was it said US folk didn't understand irony?...............

bcgallacher
14th Mar 2015, 01:21
I have no idea what digital safety entails but I would have thought that the lower chance of being murdered in London would outweigh anything. I dislike both cities intensely but I think the reduced chance of death would swing it for me.

con-pilot
14th Mar 2015, 01:27
Oh [email protected]@K me an American wishing to discuss who is safest where in the world, who was it said US folk didn't understand irony?...............

There is absolutely no '[email protected]@KIN' reason to turn this personal nor for posting subtle insults.

It is what it is, a report from a LONDON owned and based organization.

If you don't like it, tough.

Fox3WheresMyBanana
14th Mar 2015, 01:29
To the Facebook/smartphone generation,digital death is Death ;)

http://www.cotternews.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/aaaathe_scream.jpg

con-pilot
14th Mar 2015, 01:32
I dislike both cities intensely

I love both cities, intensely. :p

But only to visit, not to live in either full time.

West Coast
14th Mar 2015, 01:42
I wonder how one dislikes an entire city?

Oh well.

parabellum
14th Mar 2015, 05:56
Singapore is still pretty safe.

VH-MLE
14th Mar 2015, 07:23
Agree with Parabellum that Singapore is very safe (much more so than Australia anyway).

Seldomfit - in my opinion, an unnecessary & unwarranted comment I'm sorry to say...