PDA

View Full Version : 2 kg of ice please!

clivewatson
12th Mar 2015, 19:27
Okay Sir, with pleasure. That will be 75 euros!

LPPD Ponta Delgada, Azores, yesterday. :ugh:

His dudeness
12th Mar 2015, 19:33
clive, surprised your surprised ? In my next life I´ll be a carterer....

what next
12th Mar 2015, 20:30
Had that in Istanbul once. The caterer brought a bag of ice that we didn't even order and asked 90$ for it. When we told him that we didn't need it, he emptied the bag onto the apron...

Tekor Bali
12th Mar 2015, 21:49
Try to do it in Dakar...

Above The Clouds
12th Mar 2015, 22:00
Only 75 euro's !!!

Middle of winter in Moscow at Vnnukovo twice that price :ugh::ugh::ugh:

papazulu
13th Mar 2015, 05:17
Okay Sir, with pleasure. That will be 75 euros!

Heard it over the grapevine in OPS, back in 2009 (or thereabout): our LJ45 crew got charged 90 EUR in Florence for the same quantity...

My sister is an absolute star in making those canapes and finger-food. Just a look at the trays and you feel like you don't want to to eat anything else! I have begged her for years to get into this sick-industry and rescue me from my dungeon...:{

PZ :eek:

fatmanmedia
13th Mar 2015, 07:30
I don’t understand why large biz jets and converted airliners don’t have ice makers on-board, it would stop the blatant rip off that occurs at most FBO's, i know that would be much use the smaller jets.

The other thing that would concern me is where the ice came from, the water quality in most hot countries is not all that good, so i would be concerned about what nasties might be in the ice.

Fats

Tray Surfer
13th Mar 2015, 09:29
I had this in NCE, a bag of "ice", which was 2/3 melted water and 1/3 barely useable ice, and they wanted to charge 65 Euro for it.

Opsbeatch
13th Mar 2015, 11:48
Luxury! I used to dream of ice being so cheap...!!
At least the Euro's crashed a bit to make it a bit cheaper :)

OB

donPablo
13th Mar 2015, 14:56
375 EUR for 2 plates and some corresponding cutlery washing in MUC.

They brought to Kempinski though... and back :)

Of course washing was only around 30 EUR, but what I really admire is the handlers creativity in writting those invoices. You don't just drive the cutlery to Keminpinski and back. You supervise it, you arrange it, you remiburse the 3rd party charges by adding 15% on top (who adds 10% nowadays, come on, it's so 90s), then you add the transportation and "washing" in the end. All to make your invoice really look like an executive one !

How would it look to my boss if I'd show him a 30 EUR cutlery washing invoice... probably like they'd wash it in the river !

Aviaservice
13th Mar 2015, 15:50
Only 75 euro's !!!

Middle of winter in Moscow at Vnnukovo twice that price

Where did you stay?

windshield
11th Apr 2015, 09:48
don't even think of asking for dry ice, as the price can be compared to Beluga Caviar. And that's not cheap. But unfortunately our flight attendant seems she can't fly without dry ice on board for ice cream.