PDA

View Full Version : RIP Capt Chris Searson

Levelflt
11th Mar 2015, 23:49
Sadly, Capt Chris Searson from Virgin Australia lost his battle with cancer last weekend.

His contagious smile will be missed around the crew rooms of Australia.

He leaves a wife, two young boys and three adult step children behind.

His funeral will be held in Sydney on Friday 13th March at 10am. Holy name of Mary Church. 3 Mary St. Hunters Hill.

The family have asked if Flight crew could wear their uniforms.

Like This - Do That
12th Mar 2015, 02:17
Chris's wife Emma contacted me earlier in the week. I learnt to fly with Crispy at Curtis Aviation in the 1990s. What a loss, such a great bloke, and a gentleman.

:{

Willie Nelson
12th Mar 2015, 02:59
Such a nice guy. I heard he had been battling with this for a while. God speed good sir.

swells
12th Mar 2015, 09:51
Terrible Loss, Chris flew for Par Avion / Airlines of Tasmania some time ago and one of the nicest guys I ever had the pleasure of working with.

Thoughts with the family

Shannon Wells

roundsounds
12th Mar 2015, 10:40
Very sad news, I did some of Chris' training and flight tests for GFPT/PPL. I don't think I have ever met such a driven individual. He was a little older than the average career pilot and working in a technical area at the ABC when he started learning. Chris just pulled out all stops I often site him as an example to anyone starting out a little older than the average age. Chris, you will be missed.

The Bullwinkle
14th Mar 2015, 08:13
Absolute gentleman. He will be missed by all who knew him.