PDA

View Full Version : rating requirement

L pilot
10th Mar 2015, 15:10
hi all, anyone that can help me with links or know the precise requirements for learjet 45 or embrear type ratings.recently got my cpl, and interested in moving that way.

3 Point
10th Mar 2015, 19:55
Hi L pilot,

I'd say you need to do a lot of research and think about what you want to do. Prior to any type rating course you will need an IR and an MCC course, from that point all type ratings are pretty much the same format ...

You need a course completed at an Approved Training Organisation; this will be about 10 days in the classroom then approx 8 by 4 hour sim sessions to include the LST at the end. After that you'll need to find an actual aeroplane with a TRI and carry out at least 6 landings on the aeroplane. Then the paperwork goes ot the CAA and they'll issue the type rating on your licence.

After that you've got to find a job and here si where you really must do a lot of research. Most decent Bizjet companies are unlikely to look at a pilot with a new CPL and a basic type rating with no hours on type, that's just the way it is. You could end up spending a large pile of cash for nothing, think carefully!

Whatever you decide to do, good luck and ...

Happy Landings!

3 Point