PDA

View Full Version : Greek support for ISIS.

cavortingcheetah
10th Mar 2015, 07:36
( "If Europe leaves us in crisis, we will flood it with migrants,” said Panos Kammenos, the defence minister and leader of the Independent Greeks party.
“Too bad for Berlin if there are some Jihadis from Islamic State in that wave of millions. If they strike us, we will strike them,” he told La Repubblica, vowing to give illegal migrants valid documents and open Europe’s Schengen frontiers to all comers.)

Effectively therefore, the Greek government has threatened the Europeans that if more money is not paid into their slush fund, they'll open their borders to ISIS terrorists, speed them on their merry way with legitimate travel documents and aid in the destruction of the fabric of European life, culture and tradition.
Isn't that the equivalent of a declaration of war? How can a European politician even countenance sitting at the same table as a Greek one? It's war and certainly the Elgin marbles should never be sent to a place where ISIS would surely destroy them.
The Balkans again!

Flypro
10th Mar 2015, 08:44
"Beware the Greeks bearing gifts"

Buster Hyman
10th Mar 2015, 10:33
More importantly, are the Trains running on time though?

Fubaar
10th Mar 2015, 10:37
I think the Eurozone could call Greece's bluff on that threat quite easily by simply closing the borders exiting Greece to the north and west for two or three days. How long before the Greeks turned on their "government" after their country had been overrun by "refugees" unable to move on to Welfare Heaven?

The downside, of course, would be that the Caliphate would have to all intents and purposes moved its border a couple of hundred miles west, because I don't know if the Greeks would have the money (or the bottle) to get rid of their new residents after those new residents had established themselves there.

Imagine the fun the new arrivals would have in a year or two with all those unislamic statues and carvings on ancient buildings just begging their attention with a sledge hammer.

Lon More
10th Mar 2015, 10:56
Bit of scaremongering there. Was it in the Fail? Not the government just one member

LGW Vulture
10th Mar 2015, 11:04
Panos Kammenos threatens to flood Europe with migrants - Business Insider (http://uk.businessinsider.com/panos-kammenos-threatens-to-flood-europe-with-migrants-2015-3)

cockney steve
10th Mar 2015, 11:29
Not the government just one member

One assumes it was flaccid?

sitigeltfel
10th Mar 2015, 11:47
Not the government just one member

Yes, just a lowly minion, no one of importance, hardly worth bothering about...like the Defence Minister!

And none of the other government members seem to have rushed to contradict, or condemn him!

Blacksheep
10th Mar 2015, 12:45
The only Greek residents who could lawfully cross into the rest of Europe as economic migrants would be Greek citizens and citizens of other EU member states. I would imagine that most who were inclined to migrate for economic reasons have already done so.

If the actual threat is to deliberately deport non-Greek illegal migrants across the borders into the rest of Europe, I would think that such a threat, if carried out, would be grounds for expulsion from 'Schengen' and closure of the open border.

G-CPTN
10th Mar 2015, 13:03
I believe that, due to Schengen, once immigrants have entered Greece they will be 'free' to travel throughout Europe (except Britain).

rgbrock1
10th Mar 2015, 13:05
If the Greeks were stupid enough to do something like this, or spiteful enough, I think an EU naval and border blockade of Greece would work wonders and solve the issue in a relatively short period of time. :ok:

tony draper
10th Mar 2015, 13:08
I dont think those buggers care about borders closed or open or how they get here,once here they know ten million hand wringers will leap to their defense.

Metro man
10th Mar 2015, 14:26
I'm sure the Turks would be very interested in sorting out the Greeks given their history.:E

enq
10th Mar 2015, 15:04
Why not just send the EU bailiffs in to take possession then auction the whole country, fixtures, fittings & all to pay down the debt?

Be prepared for an ebay listing along the lines of

For Sale - One of the oldest surviving civilisations in Europe - an ideal summer restoration project. Comes complete with well documented provenance

No Reserve

Buyer collects

crippen
10th Mar 2015, 15:44
to be payed in what? Euros,US dollars,gold, Yen????? :p

Stanwell
10th Mar 2015, 15:59
Nah! - Roubles.

XLVI
10th Mar 2015, 16:06
"Greek support for Isis" -.- ..that guy got something like 3-4% in the election, he is a minister only because the current government had to form a coalition with a small party so no, he doesn't really express neither the people of Greece nor the government. I assume its the defence ministry he got to keep the people of the extreme right, like his voters, happy.

FERetd
10th Mar 2015, 19:55
XLVI Quote "that guy got something like 3-4% in the election, he is a minister only because the current government had to form a coalition with a small party"

Sounds familiar.

WhatsaLizad?
11th Mar 2015, 04:31
Get real,

You clowns on your little island will throw a guy in jail for shooting a couple of felonious thieves on his property and you're now going to scare the Greeks with their threat that in most countries would amount to nothing, but regarding your country, is a valid threat due to your submissive behavior.

Would love to see their 'refugees' dropped on the Virginia/West Virginia border.

Frank Arouet
11th Mar 2015, 05:08
Indonesian government sources have threatened Australia with the same flood if immigrants unless pleas for clemency for Australians due to be shot for drug smuggling don't cease or if we stop $millions of aid money to them.

Sounds like the same threat of invasion which is more war like than sabre rattling.

Can we now sink the boats?

cavortingcheetah
11th Mar 2015, 07:09
Not only is Greece hardly one of the oldest surviving civilizations in Europe, it is not a civilization at all these days. In fact it hasn't been one for centuries.
Conquered by the Romans in around 160BC the already fragmented Greek city states lost any previous cohesion as they succumbed to the rule of Rome and then later in history were hived off in pieces of territory to such great states as the Venetian one.
The Byzantine Empire which subsequently flourished until the 1400s or 15th century over what had been Greece was an advancement of the Christianised Roman empire. But then Constantinople fell to the Ottomans in 1453 and the Byzantine empire was gone.
For the next four hundred years Greece was part of the Ottoman empire. It wasn't until 1821 that Greece emerged from under the yoke of Islam. (Thanks in part to that lunatic British poet Byron). The vast diaspora of Greeks that took place during the centuries of Turkish rule destroyed whatever claim modern day Greece might have to be a remnant of an ancient civilization. Greece is a modern history state, purposely and politically constructed along the lines of Israel or Liberia. There has been no Greek civilization since before the birth of Christ.
In historical terms, Europe owes Greece nothing other than the graciousness of permitting it bankruptcy following the country's use of some very dubious accounting methods to obtain entry into €land.
Not so surprisingly then that Kommenos makes his statements without excoriation from either press or parliament? ISIS have obtained their first Christian ally by chaos and default.
I would suggest that Britain begins by manning up sufficiently to inform the Greek government that the Elgin marbles will never be allowed to return to Athens where they might fall into the destructive hands of Greece's putative allies Islamic State.

Lonewolf_50
12th Mar 2015, 21:31
Greece: the "sick man" of Europe?
Or "one of the sick men" of Europe?