PDA

View Full Version : Itunes will not launch issue

Ancient Observer
9th Mar 2015, 13:00
Given that Microsteal and Applesteal have both issued updates in the recent past since I last attached my ipad air to my pc, I am not sure who to blame. Probably both, equally.

Anyway, my Itunes would not launch.

For what it is worth to others, I went to the Applesteal website, where they have a variety of possible solutions to what appears to be a common problem.
There is the usual stuff about scanning for viruses.

There is an option to open itunes in safe mode. Didn't work for me.

There is also an option to dive in to C:appdata and delete all sidb and sidd files. (Detail on apple website) My machine had 5 of those. One by one I deleted them.
After all had been deleted, itunes now works.

Hope this might help someone.

mixture
9th Mar 2015, 13:59
Well done Ancient Observer on the self-resolution.

david1300
20th Mar 2015, 11:20
My latest update of iPad software resulted in a complete freeze of the iPad and iTunes. After going through the whole process I got the final message along the lines of 'your iPad is restarting and will appear in iTunes as soon as this is complete' (or whatever the actual is). After waiting an hour I went to bed, and the same message was there approx 14 hours later, so I switched off and disconnected everything, resulting in iPod still staying frozen, but I could switch it off. End result - had to reconfigure it as a new device :(:(