PDA

View Full Version : ok, and I thought JB is crazy... well, quite crazy now and then

probes
7th Mar 2015, 18:32
I'll have to think again:
Tubecrush.net collects photos of the Tube's best looking commuters
Proved huge hit since it was launched in 2011 with thousands of followers
But biggest market is China, where one snap can be shared 100,000 times
But some suggest it is the space not the men making the pictures a hit
China is home to four out of ten of the busiest metro systems in the world

TubeCrush popular in China but is it because of the space on the Underground | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2983873/TubeCrush-popular-China-space-Underground.html)

so, people are photographed... and the photos are uploaded somewhere and then rated? :confused:

[ok, most were real cute, but still]

meadowrun
7th Mar 2015, 18:40
You think JB is crazy?
There is wealth of information contained herein these pages of obtuse and eccentric palaver if you have the appropriate filters and sense of humour.

Hansard is crazy.
AirSickbags.com is crazy.
High fashion is crazy.
Kim ILL Korean is crazy.

We is downright civilized don't you know?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
7th Mar 2015, 19:08
http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/26700000/Cheshire-Cat-the-cheshire-cat-26760273-500-354.jpg

'But I don't want to go among mad people,' Alice remarked.
'Oh, you can't help that,' said the Cat: 'we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.'
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'

SpringHeeledJack
7th Mar 2015, 19:11
What I find really disturbing is that people are purposely taking photos of fellow passengers and then putting them onto social media where they will remain for perpetuity, or an EMP :suspect: It is legal to photograph things in public, and if people are 'there', then so be it, but to only focus in on someone specifically and invade their right to remain unmolested seems akin to stalking. It just goes to show how the new normal is polar opposite from recent previous social etiquette.

If ever I'm photographing things in public I always try to be respectful and mindful of others, and of course I don't want them in my masterpiece :8

SHJ

Fareastdriver
7th Mar 2015, 20:13
I would be very upset if I knew that a load of Chinese girls were fawning over my picture and I wasn't there.

fitliker
7th Mar 2015, 21:30
Who said it was girls looking at those guys ?

One of my forty something bearded and hairy workmates likes to pretend he is a fourteen year old bi-curious girl when he goes on the internet trolling for perverts :)

Or are you starting to believe what you read in the printed media ?

funfly
7th Mar 2015, 22:59
Just looked at TubeCrush. Ugh:sad:

You mean it's alright to take a picture of someone and post it on the internet.
I would not be happy about that (although I have to admit I'm not actually in the Glamour Boy category so no chance.

However if there was a website called UglyOldBugger and someone put my picture there I would have something to say about it.

Is it legal to do this?

FF

con-pilot
7th Mar 2015, 23:17
However if there was a website called UglyOldBugger and someone put my picture there I would have something to say about it.

You and me both.

Is it legal to do this?

Sad to say, yes it is in the US and from what I understand also legal in the UK.

If the photos are taken in the public domain.

probes
8th Mar 2015, 08:40
'How do you know I'm mad?' said Alice.
'You must be,' said the Cat, 'or you wouldn't have come here.'
yeah, thank you Fox, I know I am.
(:))

otherwise - I was puzzled with the "it's alright to take a picture of someone and post it on the internet", too. (didn't take a look at the actual site, though).
And, funfly, it would have to be SweetOldBugger or something - it's about giving people credit, remember? :cool: Even so... people must be more social than was ever imagined.

P.S so I did take a quick look, and the one good thing is that people are not posing, but...

MagnusP
9th Mar 2015, 09:00
However if there was a website called UglyOldBugger and someone put my picture there

Somebody pm funfly the link and put him out of his misery, please. :p