PDA

View Full Version : Current cadets from STAA and CAE

Maverick16
7th Mar 2015, 02:09
Anyone here currently in STAA or CAE (Singapore)?

flying.monkeyz
8th Mar 2015, 16:24
what do you want to know?

Stallone
10th Mar 2015, 14:56
What do TS wanna expose?

wonderland
18th Mar 2015, 15:41
One of them is a great school.......... until they get your money, and then, they don't reply emails, etc.

Steer clear of both.

flying.monkeyz
19th Mar 2015, 09:56
Recently got to know 6 STAA cadets switched to CTC after their ground school.

over_sky
28th May 2015, 20:13
@flying.monkeyz do you know someone doing the Qatar Airways programm in STAA? Im trying to figure out which course will be better to join, so I would like to have some info from inside of both...

flying.monkeyz
29th May 2015, 00:09
What would you like to know?

over_sky
2nd Jun 2015, 21:53
Well, I want to know if it is true that the course indeed exists, if are cadets taking it and it is not a scam to get those 300 fee from selection, if the ones that are finalizing are in reality joining QA and if CTC is better, equal or worse choice. In addition to the fact that CTC is apparently crowded and the waiting is more than 6months in front of STAA I doubt which option is better. Also I found a bit strange that a lot of info about the job and training is not bring out till I get accepted, why is this, you know why?

flying.monkeyz
3rd Jun 2015, 12:36
STAA is commencing the 6th course for Qatar MPL this month. The first batch is already back from Australia and are in simulators doing their A320 type course.

Whether it's a scam or not depends on who you ask. Some people are adamant that the whole MPL thing is a scam.

As for whether STAA or CTC is better, I have not seen CTC's training so I can't comment.

I also can't comment on why things seem to be secretive. Maybe it's a Singaporean thing. Anyway what are the info on job and training would you like to know?

Stallone
6th Jun 2015, 15:28
Not a scam uh, there are real cadets training in Staa now under Qatar..

Like wad monkey said, 6th batch coming in n this programme has only started for less than 2yrs.. They're recruiting at lightning speed.

The first batch shd be graduating within 4mths I guess..

wonderland
7th Jun 2015, 01:11
Why scam for $300 when you can scam for $180,000 to $200,000...

over_sky
2nd Jul 2015, 16:50
Thanks flying monkey for ur replies, really, I had a problem with the account of the forum, hope everythings solved now.

The main info I wanna know are the differences between the CTC. For example, does STAA covers the accomodation in Singapore? Cos they specify about Australia, so by not saying anything of Singapore...

I would also like to know how much costs one additional attempt for an exam if I fail. They make very clear they only cover first attempt, this can be a huge money cost difference in front of CTC. While I am not hoping to fail every single exam, I wanna be ready if I have trouble in one ocassion in one exam.

Are the salary and any other condition when I join as SO any different from another SO who gets into QA from another path? If they are, which are these?

Based on your experience, how much money you need after all the course for a living? In CTC the suggest around 5k GBP per year.

These are the things I dont know why on CTC case is so detailed and well explained and in the STAA case (unless I am not searching correctly the info, in that case I apologise) is not showing anywhere.

Thanks in advance!