PDA

View Full Version : Alliance Fokker 100 venting fuel.

001steve
5th Mar 2015, 11:42
Hi everyone.
Just wondering if anyone knew anything more about Alliances Fokker 100 Uty5881, vh-fkd circling back and landing this morning after visible fluid venting from the wing.
From what Ive heard the aircraft (day before) underwent maintenance several panels removed from wings and reinstalled.

Reminded me of a couple of older similar situations where fokkers after C check had a fuel vent line was knocked off after panel reinstallation.
and one other f100 flying to nuigini. Doing the same.

This aircraft appears to be a bit of a friday special... Ongoing minor problems? (APU, electrical etc)
Is this normal for commercial airliners? :)
I suppose its a bit long in the tooth :p

Going Nowhere
5th Mar 2015, 20:43
It was VH-FWI, which had just returned from a repaint in Wagga.

The flight was eventually operated by VH-FWH, which was due to head to Wagga for repaint yesterday.

VH-FKD is still in the hangar.

I heard from an ex Flight Crew crew a few years ago that FWH and FWI were referred to "Fcuk What's Happening?" and "Fcuk What's It doing?"

VS-LHRCSA
6th Mar 2015, 00:32
I spent some time with QQ in PER. VH-FKD also had a bit of a rep but 'FKD' pretty much said it all...

mauswara
6th Mar 2015, 05:03
The niugini fuel venting incident was a "refuelling error" apparently.

Eastwest Loco
6th Mar 2015, 10:56
The previous FKD - F28-1000 - was an unserviceability on its way somewhere to happen.

You only had to look sideways at it and something would break.

Came back online in MEL after a major and when the crew actuated the aircon fluid sprayed into the cabin from the overhead vents.

That was just one of many but East West made lots of dollars out of transferred passenger.

Probably the aeroplane rebelling against the Air NSW "flying haemorrhage" livery.

EWT was not much better - F27-500. That girl had major attitude problems too.

Best all

EWL

001steve
6th Mar 2015, 22:09
Thanks for the replies.
Everytime I look at those tail numbers I think of a different accronym lol thought it was just me.
My wife flys in and out on the fokker 100 from cannington (tebessa?) to Bris.
Off hand I think shes made it home without some sort of mechanical problem about 6 times in 2 years. Must suck for the flight crew too.

bolthead
8th Mar 2015, 12:18
Reminds me of one lazy Saturday morning at Brisbane a few years ago. Waiting for a connecting flight, wandered down to the plane spotting area and saw an aircraft, painted very much like one of ANZ's 787s, take-off with fuel fairly hissing out of the wing.

After a dumb-bell circuit over the water, apart from the Tower and maybe a couple of guys in a tinny, no one else was any the wiser. They even beat the serious plane spotter guys, who rolled up shortly after with their ladders and cameras with big lenses.

Always wondered whether it was just just bad luck with a mechanical failure, or may be "Errol" the apprentice with a cluster f.

Cheers

SOPS
8th Mar 2015, 18:09
Had many a happy hour in the original FKD..but she was different....

Fred Gassit
11th Mar 2015, 00:05
So have I, never been let down by any of them in fact, your missus is astonishly unlucky Steve.

aerosoul
12th Mar 2015, 09:35
Saw an F70 venting fuel from left wing over Applecross on the AVNEX 1 departure at approx 1605 local today. Apparently on the way to Karratha. Advised ATC.

ranmar850
21st Mar 2015, 13:04
Flown Skywest/Virgin F100's as SLF since NJS lost the RTIO contract , reliability has been OK, punters like them for their excellent legroom, the likes of which is unknown anywhere else in Economy nowadays--certainly p**s*s on QF's 734's. Just a bit noisy down the back ,stay forward of row 15 and you are fine.