PDA

View Full Version : Spanish PPL training in the UK

EC DKN
4th Mar 2015, 17:57
Hi Pilots,

I am ppl from Spain who wants to know if its possible to get the IMC rating and the UK FRTOL wit an EASA Spanish PPL.

tHANKS IN ADVANCE. ;)

Mach Jump
4th Mar 2015, 20:42
The UK IMC Rating is a UK-only National Rating, and the UK CAA can only attach the Rating to a UK issued EASA Licence, in the form of an IR(R) (Restricted Instrument Rating)

I believe that the UK FRTOL is a stand alone qualification and doesn't have to be attached to a Pilot Licence, so you could apply for one of these individually, although I'm not sure what benefit you would gain over what you already have.

If you really want an IMC Rating/IR(R), bearing in mind that the privileges can only be exercised in UK airspace, you could always have your Licensing State of Issue changed from Spain to UK!

MJ:ok:

Ps. I wonder what has happened to all the non-UK JAA Licence holders who had added IMC Ratings to their Licences? Did they loose them when they had to change their Licences to EASA?

AlexUM
5th Mar 2015, 07:47
Buenos dias Echo Charlie :)

What about the new Enroute IFR? AFAIK, this is basically the same as the UK IMC rating and should be EASA-Standard and valid in all EASA countries.

Where do you fly from in Spain, LELL? I just paid the ACBS a visit!

Best Regards,
Alexander

EC DKN
5th Mar 2015, 14:48
Hi Alex,

Yes I am based in LELL (ACBS)! I want to do the IMC or EIR for safety before the hour building. I want to carry on my training in the UK.

But do you think is it worth the investment in doing the EIR before the ATPLs? The UK IMC is far less complex.

Mach Jump
6th Mar 2015, 11:14
What about the new Enroute IFR? AFAIK, this is basically the same as the UK IMC rating...

The UK IMC/IR(R) Rating is very different from the EASA En-Route IR. Within the UK, in Class D,E,F, and G airspace it has virtually the same privileges as the full IR.

MJ:ok: