PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Captures Leader of Zetas Drug Cartel

rgbrock1
4th Mar 2015, 13:40
Mexico has announced the capture of the leader of the Zetas drug cartel, Señor Omar Trevino Morales. As some of you may be aware, the Zetas cartel is the largest and most brutal drug cartel in Mexico.

One must wonder, however, if this will make any difference?

con-pilot
4th Mar 2015, 14:12
From my experience from back in the day, not much really. We arrested and extradited some rather big drug cartel leaders in South/Central America and the flow of drugs in to the US were barely affected.

There is always someone waiting in the wings to fill the vacuum.

rgbrock1
4th Mar 2015, 14:14
That's what I figured con, another one waiting in the wings.

Solid Rust Twotter
5th Mar 2015, 04:00
Wonder if the new guy had anything to do with the old leader getting nabbed? One way to get a promotion, I suppose.

con-pilot
5th Mar 2015, 20:02
Wonder if the new guy had anything to do with the old leader getting nabbed? One way to get a promotion, I suppose.

Happens more than you'd think.

RatherBeFlying
5th Mar 2015, 22:07
It's been going on since the '60s and the supply increases to meet the demand:ugh:

Billions spent on interdiction, policing, courts and incarceration:ugh:

The death toll in Latin America is horrendous:uhoh:

More people killed by alcohol and tobacco, but they're OK because white middle class folks use them:}

Lonewolf_50
9th Mar 2015, 14:49
More people killed by alcohol and tobacco, but they're OK because white middle class folks use them:} Everybody uses them.

The death toll in Latin America is a correction to the overpopulation of the last century. Darwin at work, as well as broken societies based on a flawed model in the first place.

con-pilot
9th Mar 2015, 15:18
More people killed by alcohol and tobacco, but they're OK because white middle class folks use them

"White middle class" you say, you've never been down in the 'hood' have you? :}

rgbrock1
9th Mar 2015, 15:33
That's "da hood", con. Not the "hood". :}

(Or, in some places it's also referred to as "da crib".) :}

con-pilot
9th Mar 2015, 15:39
That's "da hood", con. Not the "hood".

"da hood" is that East Coast Yankee talk. :p

dazdaz1
9th Mar 2015, 15:51
I've been conned!!!! Guy in SW London says "Skunk if you want" I hand over £200 and he gives me two small hairy animals :ugh:

MagnusP
9th Mar 2015, 15:55
That deal stinks.

RatherBeFlying
9th Mar 2015, 16:47
More people killed by alcohol and tobacco, but they're OK because white middle class folks use them:}

Agreed that most everybody uses them. But WMCF are not about to allow themselves to be denied ;)

Alcohol prohibition did not last. Cannabis prohibition is receding.