PDA

View Full Version : Manchester

Buggs Bunny
6th Jun 2002, 21:17
Anyone had any bad experiences at MAN recently. Airport having a bad time of it, Baggage belt systems, security staffing problems, dirty lounges, airbridges that don't stop just to name a few. Also some handling agents suffering with staffing problems in all areas.

Is it me or ar things getting worse?

:( :( :(

jetset445
7th Jun 2002, 00:26
Things are getting worse every weekend. Lots of handling agents losing staff and not able to get replacements quick enough. PLC staff totally demoralised after the Security sackings/wage cuts and Car parks section is expexting the letters of intention and 90 days notice soon. The directors are happy though considering they now can run amok through the terms and conditions of all employees and give themselves big rises at the same time.

Doctor Cruces
7th Jun 2002, 09:01
Manchester airport has NO regard for it's staff. Never has, never will. Bosses are OK but that's fine by them.

As long as handling agents pay peanuts they will not keep staff, certainly when they can earn as much stacking shelves in the supermarket and not have to work the awful hours.

Doc C

7th Jun 2002, 14:20
NATS is rumoured to be on the brink of losing the ATC contract at EGCC.....

sky9
10th Jun 2002, 14:27
Who's going to get it; Railtrack?

Eff Oh
10th Jun 2002, 20:36
I can honestly say that Manchester is the WORST airport I have ever had the misfortune to operate from. It is the absolute pits. The aircon doesn't work in the terminals, the ques are horrendus, the ground handling is crap, the layout is crap, the taxiways have holes and metal plates EVERYWHERE!! The place is in a time warp. Look at some of the light switches, they look like they are from the 1930's! It needs knocked down and rebuilt, and fast before it goes on fire or bloody falls down.
Eff Oh.

Whiskey Zulu
11th Jun 2002, 15:51
ROFLMAO......

Looked at some of the light switches???

My you have an eye for detail. Having a bad day per chance? :D