PDA

View Full Version : Gothenburg City

Herod
3rd Mar 2015, 19:15
I gather Gothenburg City is restricted now , and not useable for B737/A320. Ryanair are using Landvetter. I've not been able to find the reason; does anyone know?

davidjohnson6
3rd Mar 2015, 19:41
Google is your friend...

TBSC
3rd Mar 2015, 20:29
PCN trouble.

Herod
3rd Mar 2015, 20:37
Got it, thanks. No mention on City's official site though.

Crazy Voyager
4th Mar 2015, 04:42
Restricted might not cover it. Last I heard it was going to go completely (even for the smaller stuff), although that's probably changed five times since.

Not that I miss it mind, used it a few times in the past, a shed in the middle of nowhere for a terminal, and that was about it as I recall.

Millionmileshigh
4th Mar 2015, 07:23
What does pcn trouble mean?

ericlday
4th Mar 2015, 07:34
Again Google is your best friend ...................
pavement classification number
The pavement classification number (PCN) is an International Civil Aviation Organization standard used in combination with the aircraft classification number (ACN) to indicate the strength of a runway, taxiway or airport apron (or ramp).

TBSC
4th Mar 2015, 09:23
that was about it as I recall

It still is. ))
Rumour says that the car testing facility located at the airport will not miss those flying machines disturbing their peace.

Mod Kit
4th Mar 2015, 22:56
GSE is due to shut operations completely and cease trasing as an airport. A local airline has already stopped routes in advance of the end date.

TDK mk2
5th Mar 2015, 21:31
I operated the last scheduled departure out of there on the 18th of January, to Stockholm Broma. Sad day.