PDA

View Full Version : Barnstormers Flying Circus

Orange Arm Waver
3rd Mar 2015, 16:34
It has been mentioned that, in the past, a book should be written chronicling "The Barnstormers Flying Circus" but has sadly never materialised.

I am in the (very) early stages of collating material and information with a view to redress this and cover the whole history and the whole experience that was the team; from those on the ground doing all the preparation and running that side of it to the flying side and I wish to, and want to, do it all justice and capture the whole story.

If you have any stories, experiences, etc. you would like to share in order to help me in this, if you know any of those involved or were involved could you please get in touch (PM me or e-mail) so that I can build this project with a determined aim to publish and fully document the achievements and experiences that were "The Barnstormers Flying Circus".

Thank you.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
3rd Mar 2015, 20:36
I hope you succeed with this. I remember 'Barnstormers' at Barton in the early '70s, but have nothing useful to contribute to your book. But if it's any good, I'll buy it!

treadigraph
3rd Mar 2015, 21:35
OAW, try sending a PM to G-KEST, he might be able to help you!

Orange Arm Waver
5th Mar 2015, 20:57
Thanks Treadigraph, I intend to - he is also on the Facebook Group and contributes on there too.

LynxDriver
13th Mar 2015, 01:56
I'm pretty sure I saw the Barnstormers at a largish air show at the now (very sadly) closed Panshanger Airfield in Herts. Must have been August 1970 I'd say.