PDA

View Full Version : Bird strike YPBO

YPJT
3rd Mar 2015, 11:56
Just received report that F100 NHK hit an Eagle or kite on landing at Parabudoo. Carcass firmly jammed between the nose cone and fuselage skin. Not an insignificant amount of damage.

Updated info. Apparently it was a bush turkey. That woul have been an almighty thump

VH-Cheer Up
3rd Mar 2015, 23:29
Contact engineering on arrival - no, wait, it's a bush turkey! Contact catering...

I have a jar of cranberry sauce left over from Christmas. Give me an address and I'll post it to the pilot!

The Banjo
3rd Mar 2015, 23:51
Further reported the said eagle was on the nest at the time.....:eek:

onetrack
4th Mar 2015, 00:00
I trust these blokes understand that Ardeotis Australis is a Priority Four endangered species! - and the fine for killing one can be up to $10,000! :suspect:

Pinky the pilot
4th Mar 2015, 00:07
I trust these blokes understand that Ardeotis Australis is a Priority Four endangered species! - and the fine for killing one can be up to $10,000!

Quite correct, but they still taste good! Not that I have any experience of them; just what I've been told y'know!:E

Captain Nomad
4th Mar 2015, 00:34
They might taste like a turkey but they don't look anything like a turkey...!

Have been to a WA station property where the owners had a large framed picture of a massive one standing on the ground with its wings open in a guarded pose - would have been a good six feet across...!

Was also closely involved with an incident where a road train driver had one go through his windshield and the driver definitely came off worse for wear.

They were probably fortunate it didn't hit the windshield of the Fokker...!

The Green Goblin
4th Mar 2015, 00:39
Quick somebody. Call the waaaambulance.

Moving on now :)