PDA

View Full Version : Weird??

tony draper
3rd Mar 2015, 08:40
Noticed summat weird about the USA Hampster wheel thread recently,takes about five times longer to open when you click on it, today I get this message.

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

As far as I know I have not been banned from that thread,I just read not post on it. :uhoh:

Perhaps some people clad in dark suits are taking a interest in who or what is being posted there.:E

Takan Inchovit
3rd Mar 2015, 08:42
I'm getting a redirect loop on chrome. Wont open.

MagnusP
3rd Mar 2015, 08:48
Takan, I'm using chrome here and got the redirect loop message. When I hit <back>, it took me to the last page, but I couldn't load any other pages. I'll try it on IE later and on Safari at home.

tony draper
3rd Mar 2015, 08:52
eeeee! I'm frightened,they's on to me.:{

ORAC
3rd Mar 2015, 09:19
I use a mac'Safari and haven't been able to access the thread for a couple of weeks. I get the error message below and have cleared cookies and cache several times to no avail..

Symptoms

When trying to view a website using Safari, you may see the alert message: "Could not open the page. Too many redirects occurred trying to open (website name)." This may occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page, which is then redirected to open the original page.

Resolution

This issue is typically caused by the website you're trying to view, not by Safari. Safari may be able to open the website at a later time, when the website's redirect problem has been corrected.

Occasionally, the issue might be caused by an interaction with Safari. The issue may also occur because redirect information has been retained beyond its useful life. In some cases, resetting Safari may allow you to regain access to a website. To do that, follow these steps:

Choose Safari > Reset Safari.

Only check "Remove all cookies" and "Empty the Cache."

Click Reset.

If the issue persists, sending feedback to the affected website may help.

Ancient Mariner
3rd Mar 2015, 09:28
That particular thread is being redirected through several US internal/domestic/international security agencies. It will obviously take some time to check the post content.
Per

rh200
3rd Mar 2015, 09:36
There is an issue with it, just open it up on a page around 1093. I think its up around 1094 but the page count says its higher. So when I open it it hangs then crashes with the fault. I then just adjust the page number in the address bar of firefox

Lon More
3rd Mar 2015, 09:37
What Per said. Obviously they have to triangulate your position in order to send in the black helicopters. They also have to warm up the anal probes. Wouldn't want you to suffer any discomfort would they?

BTW didn't take me any longer than usual to get in

tony draper
3rd Mar 2015, 09:37
Oh dear! names will have gone in books and red lines been drawn through them.:ooh:

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Mar 2015, 10:04
Tampering by Those Who Cast No Shadow (ie, mods) to put the brakes on things?

PLovett
3rd Mar 2015, 10:40
Page 1094 is the last page at this time of posting.

Trying to go direct to the last page causes a "failure to open" message.

MadsDad
3rd Mar 2015, 11:01
Been getting an error from that thread for a while in Firefox. I just tried in IE and it worked fine with the last page showing being 1094 (although this shows on the page bar as 'Page 1094 of 1116').

Possibly having so many pages removed would cause the error - it might be idea for the powers that be to re-index the thread.

Caboclo
3rd Mar 2015, 19:20
It's all down to the net neutrality law that just got passed.

Lonewolf_50
3rd Mar 2015, 21:31
Just click on "last" and you'll get to the most recent page. Don't worry about the rest of the pages.

I posted in the thread just a while ago.

con-pilot
3rd Mar 2015, 21:51
Probably need to shut it down and just start a new Wheel.

IBobi
3rd Mar 2015, 22:03
Reported to tech. We'll see what they say, but with phantom pages and a thread this big it might just be time to split it/start anew.

teeteringhead
4th Mar 2015, 09:58
Wouldn't want you to suffer any discomfort would they?

Indeed not! USA is after all the country that uses anti-bacterial swabs before inserting the needles .........

............ for lethal injections! :ugh:

OFSO
4th Mar 2015, 13:55
Yeah, and smoking is forbidden on Death Row. Wouldn't want anyone facing the death penalty contracting lung cancer, would we ?

rgbrock1
4th Mar 2015, 14:01
The USA Hamster Wheel is fine as I just posted on it a few minutes ago.
Then again, I use an iMac and Safari! :}

(And suddenly the sound of chopper blades are heard in the distance.) :}

Lonewolf_50
4th Mar 2015, 16:05
Indeed not! USA is after all the country that uses anti-bacterial swabs before inserting the needles ... for lethal injections! :ugh: George Carlin beat you to that joke by about 20 years.
Yeah, and smoking is forbidden on Death Row. Wouldn't want anyone facing the death penalty contracting lung cancer, would we ? Yours as well.

I'd normally ask you two to move your Yank slagging into an appropriate thread for that, but on further review looked at the title of this thread.

Weird??

Your posts fit perfectly. :ok:

Toadstool
4th Mar 2015, 16:08
Yank slagging

So its not true then?

Lonewolf_50
4th Mar 2015, 20:59
Find the right thread, lads, your posts don't fit weird, they fit the usual crapola.