PDA

View Full Version : Thomson Airlines aircraft type

davydine
2nd Mar 2015, 16:55
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to tell what type Thomson Airlines will be flying for a particular flight?

I am booked to fly from Gatwick to Tenerife and just went on to their website to select my seats and was offered a 3-3-3 configuration. I thought the dreamliner was the only Thomson Airlines aircraft with this config but I thought they only used the dreamliner for long haul flights.

Can anyone help?

VC10man
3rd Mar 2015, 08:56
If it's 3-3-3 it will be a Boeing 787-800.

One 767 is 2-3-2 and the others are 2-4-2.

Sometimes they use 787s on short haul, but not often. Are you sure the seating plan isn't 3-3? They also often use the 767s on short haul on busy routes.

Try googling your flight number, this will show which planes Thomson has used in the past.

BlueTui
3rd Mar 2015, 09:13
The 787 is going to be operating a number of short haul routes this summer including Tenerife, sharm el sheikh, Heraklion, dalaman amongst others

It will have 325 seats with no premium cabin.

davydine
3rd Mar 2015, 13:08
Thanks for the feedback.

I had tried googling the flight number and I had been expecting either the 737 or 757 so was expecting a 3-3 config, hence the question.

Looks like it will be the 787!

AeroSpark
3rd Mar 2015, 21:46
Result!:ok:
we're flying Gatwick-Menorca in August. I'm in two minds, on the one hand I'd love another flight in a 757, but the other half of me hopes they put a Dreamliner on the route.

davydine
4th Mar 2015, 05:55
It will have 325 seats with no premium cabin.

So do you know if they will be reconfiguring the cabin for these short haul flights? I have read elsewhere that for longhaul rows 1 -7 are used for premium and rows 10-13 are the extra legroom seats.

I assume that they will just sell 1-7 as extra leg room and rows 10 backwards will just be standard seats?

BlueTui
6th Mar 2015, 22:37
The current configuration with premium is 291 so yes it will be reconfigured. I assume there will still be extra legroom seats somewhere. I have not seen this layout yet myself. It will be 3-3-3 throughout from row 1-40.

The configuration you have read about is for long haul ops and the aircrafts original layout. Then at some point this year all Tui 787's will be changed to a seating capacity of 300 when operating long haul(one extra row in long haul config)

davydine
8th Mar 2015, 10:35
Thanks BlueTui i am looking forward to seeing what the 787 is like. The seating plan showing when I go in to select my seats has the first 7 rows in a 2-2-2 config and then 3-3-3 from row 10 backwards. Having said that, all of the first 7 rows are blocked off as unavailable, so I guess it could change. They do make it clear that the seat plan may change for opporational reasons

jameseyre1
23rd Mar 2015, 13:40
Similar situation for us with Thomson. We are going to Kos from MAN in May and on the seat booking map, its a 2-4-2 on the way and 3-3-3 on the return so assuming a 767 and a 787!

davydine
7th Jun 2015, 08:54
In case anyone is Interested, we had a very comfortable flight on India Hotel, the seat config doesn't seem to have been changed for short haul flights and as far as I can see I H is flying a mixture if long haul and short haul flights at the moment. Pitty the IFE didn't work on my seat on the way back, but other than that a very nuce flight

ImPlaneCrazy
7th Jun 2015, 20:11
As far as I'm aware, the IFE is unavailable on all short haul routes due to licensing issues. Was it just your seat davydine or the whole aircraft?

davydine
7th Jun 2015, 20:52
Just some seats on the return flight, the IFE was working outbound and the cabin crew apologised on the return flight as they were having problems throughout the aircraft. I got the impression that we only got a limited selection of features but the IFE was definately working

jqjjq
23rd May 2016, 17:51
Hi all - newbie question alert!
Was just looking to book seats on my LGW-CUN-LGW trip this summer. I noticed that on the LGW-CUN (TOM43) on the 10th August, the seat numbers go to row 40 (premium economy 1-7), and there's a single row at the back of 2-3-2. On the return CUN-LGW on August 21 (TOM23), the seat numbers go to row 46 (premium economy 1-9), and no row of 2-3-2 at the back.
Are there two different versions of the 787 operating this summer?

TFlyguy
24th May 2016, 04:23
787-8 outbound 787-9 inbound

jqjjq
24th May 2016, 16:38
Perfect - thank you! :ok:

Rossian
27th May 2016, 13:39
.....some Thomson staff lurking - what is the difference between "extra leg room" seats and "extra space" seats?

Madame was booking flights/seats to Madeira in Oct and there is no mention of "extra legroom" (which we had on our last trip) just "extra space".

Only because I'm curious you understand. We're going anyway.

TFlyguy
28th May 2016, 15:04
Extra legroom - exactly what it says - various rows depending on aircraft type that have a bigger seat pitch than other rows. Anyone can book these seats.

Extra space - seats by an exit or a bulkhead - restrictions apply as to who can sit here due to exit row regulations.

If only 1 option was available when you booked I'm guessing the other was sold out already