PDA

View Full Version : DVDVideoSoft download - Adobe Flash Player

CharlieOneSix
1st Mar 2015, 22:02
I nearly got caught out today when a box appeared on my screen saying my Adobe Flash player wasn't up to date and a download was offered with the Adobe logo being quite dominant in the box. Then I noticed the words DVDVideoSoft also in the box and it was trying to download free software and toolbars.

My Adobe Flash Player was up to date - version 16.0.0.305 - so this was just a nasty piece of software trying to catch me out.

ExXB
2nd Mar 2015, 09:02
Thanks for the reminder C16!

Whenever I see the update Adobe box on my screen I close it and make a note to check Adobe's site myself when I have a moment. Even if it's valid the process Adobe uses is painfull. It isn't something that you can click OK, go away and come back to. I think three user interactions are needed.

It isn't rocket science but I suppose they are simply 'meeting the requirements of PC users', which appear to be different from mine.

mixture
2nd Mar 2015, 09:31
Very common for this sort of targeting, both Adobe Flash and Adobe Acrobat are quite common contenders, but almost any commonly software will be too.

Think twice, click once.