PDA

View Full Version : Room 101

victor tango
1st Mar 2015, 14:19
To explain:
Take a subject say ....What don't you like about Modern Life?

The answers come from folk looking at the thread who want to have a little rant about things that annoy them.

I make no apologies for copying the TV show, in fact I hope it will get them more viewers if you've never watched it !

The panel is usually made up of "celebs" so this is the non-celeb time.

When the best one is judged it goes into Room 101, but we will just let it roll on until a new subject for discussion comes up.

Hope it goes well....if you don't like it your'e fortunate as pprune has plenty of other great subjects to look at.

So, lets kick off with WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT MODERN LIFE ?

VH-MLE
1st Mar 2015, 14:30
I'm getting older!!

goudie
1st Mar 2015, 14:42
I've gotten older!

ian16th
1st Mar 2015, 14:47
The word 'gotten'!

A 'orrible 'mericanism.

goudie
1st Mar 2015, 14:54
Agree
'I have become older' is probably more correct but 'gotten' went along with 'getting', so to speak.

Whatever, I'm still bloody old!

dazdaz1
1st Mar 2015, 15:03
Motorists drive to fast, nowhere these days can one go for a leisurely drive without some dork up your back end mentally forcing one to go faster.

BWSBoy6
1st Mar 2015, 15:03
People who get up constantly on plane flights and fiddle with the overhead locker.
a) I don't want their crotch in my face and
b) I want to shout out,"Look! No one has got on or off this plane since we left the ground so stop checking that everything is still in your bags!"

As you can tell, I've been thinking about this for a long time and that I don't actually like flying that much :rolleyes:

While I'm on one, there is several things about inconsiderate people when you're flying. Last trip I was on, we were all in our seats, even the crew, coming in to land (only several 100 ft to go) and this dozy woman strolled down the aisle. The crew told her firmly to go back to her seat and she was most put out as she needed the loo. Another time, we hit quite choppy turbulence and the guy next to me had his 4 year old asleep in his lap. He was asked to put her in a seat and strap her in and he refused as he didn't want to disturb her and proceeded to make a huge fuss to the crew. If the poor child had ended up hitting her head on the fuselage, I guess that might have slightly disturbed her too!

Sorry, rant over :bored:

Mrs Bwsboy

mixture
1st Mar 2015, 15:26
I don't actually like flying that much

Heresy ! Surely that sort of speech gets you an instant PPRuNe ban ! :E

Fox3WheresMyBanana
1st Mar 2015, 15:28
Political Correctness - it's an oxymoron.

BWSBoy6
1st Mar 2015, 15:34
Oh, I like watching planes, they're fascinating :) it's getting inside them and leaving the ground that isn't quite so good. I guess it'll get even worse if my son passes his EASAs this week. I can still remember going out with him when he'd just passed his driving test!

Sorry, I digress :p

dazdaz1
1st Mar 2015, 15:42
BWS....."Oh, I like watching planes, they're fascinating :) it's getting inside them and leaving the ground that isn't quite so good."

I take it your a pilot then.

toffeez
1st Mar 2015, 15:55
- telephones
- mobile phones

om15
1st Mar 2015, 15:59
WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT MODERN LIFE ?

The propensity for anyone under the age of 25 to fiddle with their mobile telephones when you are trying to talk to them.

Wave FM

Deceitful estate agents, politicians, and insurance salesmen.

Car parking charges.

Other than that pretty happy.

hiflymk3
1st Mar 2015, 16:49
Having to clear a blocked sewer on a Sunday afternoon. I've just done it :( Btw have washed my hands.

Bergerie1
1st Mar 2015, 17:17
Bl**dy computers with minds of their own!

wings folded
1st Mar 2015, 17:17
How did you post that from technology available in 1950? :8

mixture
1st Mar 2015, 17:23
Castle Crun is a modern-free zone. We live life here like it's still 1950. Works for us!

So what on earth are you doing here then ?

Oh, and you'd better take your glasses back to the opticians, the LED lights back to the shop, send your credit card back to the bank unless its Diners Club, Carte Blanche or American Express ....

vulcanised
1st Mar 2015, 17:26
Tattoos and piercings - especially on females.

victor tango
1st Mar 2015, 19:21
Not too bad chaps. we will keep that one flowing.

Meanwhile, here is the next one. Types of People you like/dislike.

My dislike is someone who eats with their mouth open.
It's like looking at a washing machine on a rinse cycle !!

Blues&twos
1st Mar 2015, 19:38
Automatic buildings which decide for you when the taps are coming on, when the lights are going off, when the doors are opening, when the hand dryer is shutting down, when the toilets are flushing etc etc

"Musical" doorbells - loathe them.

High intensity discharge car headlights.

Badly designed software applications and websites.

Websites which have stupid colour schemes for those of us with dodgy eyesight - like grey letters on a light blue background.

Silent cold-calls on my mobile.

A chap with a heavy Indian accent calling "from Windows" claiming his name is John Wilson.

Xenophon
1st Mar 2015, 20:10
Room 101 :E

Gertrude the Wombat
1st Mar 2015, 20:14
Room 101 :E
Mornington Crescent! - I win!

Effluent Man
1st Mar 2015, 20:27
Celebrity Culture - and Singing?Dancing/Baking/Sewing shows. These so called celebrities have little to commend them. They even call the little Geordie lightbulb heads who front them celebs!

joy ride
1st Mar 2015, 21:23
Rant Alert!

Sometimes I drive, sometimes I walk, sometimes I use bus, train, tram or taxi. Sometimes I go by sea or by air.

Other times I cycle, to shops, to friends even to gigs, and when cycling I find that one thing in particular happens which does not occur during any other form of transport. It makes me furious It is constantly encountering a sign like these:

"Cycle Lane Ends" "Cyclists Dismount" "Please Push Your Cycle"

I have never seen a sign telling drivers to get out of their vehicles and push them to their destination.

I have never seen a sign telling pedestrians to stop walking, pick themselves up and carry themselves home.

No sign has ever told a Deck Hand to chuck me overboard so that I have to swim the rest of the way across the North Atlantic.

I have never been in (or seen) an airliner suddenly stopping in mid-air, and a sign lighting up telling me/other passengers to get the hell out.

The only thing that ever comes REMOTELY close is when my train journey ends short of my destination and I have to look for the sign telling me where to get the Rail Replacement Bus Service. However, this sign only appears occasionally at week ends, and at least my onward transport needs have been considered.

Yet when cycling, I very occasionally encounter a few metres of cycle lane which suddenly ends for no apparent reason. The pavements in the area continue, and meet up with other pavements. The roads in the area continue, and meet up with other roads. So all other road users can continue to their destination using their chosen mode of transport, and the network of roads and pavements stretch right across London, and indeed right across Britain. But for a cyclist your chosen mode of transport is now scuppered.

The Bureaucrats who "design" uselessly short cycle lanes, which are NEVER where they are most needed and usually blocked by parked vehicles and/or pedestrians, are the same bureaucrats who then claim that they are helping cyclists. These same Bureaucrats spend (waste) LOADS of public money on these useless, short, discontinuous cycle lanes, then these same bureaucrats put up these discriminatory "Cyclists Dismount" signs.

These Bureaucrats, their useless, un-enforced and discontinuous cycle lanes and their "CYCLISTS DISMOUNT" signs MUST ALL be consigned to Room 101.

NOW!

tony draper
1st Mar 2015, 21:37
People who wave their arms about and gesture with their hands whilst talking,some young bird on Newsnight on friday yacking about that dress of many colours was the worst case of this stupid hand jive bollix I have seen in a long time,had I been Kirsty I wudda punched her in the gob. :uhoh:

hiflymk3
1st Mar 2015, 22:05
People with no manners who don't acknowledge when you hold a door open for them.

Rosevidney1
1st Mar 2015, 22:11
Those of us of 'a certain' age deplore the present lack of consideration to : other road users, shop staff, pedestrians et al. This is the era of ME ME ME! Listening to the increasingly foul language on TV convinces me that there are far more sufferers of Tourette's syndrome than previously estimated.

RedhillPhil
1st Mar 2015, 22:29
WHAT DON'T YOU LIKE ABOUT MODERN LIFE ?

The propensity for anyone under the age of 25 to fiddle with their mobile telephones when you are trying to talk to them.

Wave FM

Deceitful estate agents, politicians, and insurance salesmen.

Car parking charges.

Other than that pretty happy.

Are there any other sort?

Seldomfitforpurpose
1st Mar 2015, 22:33
Castle Crun is a modern-free zone. We live life here like it's still 1950. Works for us!

Begs the question 'how did you post that message'? :p

reynoldsno1
1st Mar 2015, 22:38
The word 'gotten'!

A 'orrible 'mericanism.

No it's not eggjelly - common 16/176C usage in England. Like 'write me' & 'visiting on a friend' (having a chat). Aluminum was also originally derived in England (Sir Humphrey Davy).

Room 101 candidate - pedants of all shaped and sizes :}

Flash2001
2nd Mar 2015, 01:20
I thot it was "I done got older".

After an excellent landing etc...

Krystal n chips
2nd Mar 2015, 07:00
The extended "introduction" by call centres....

Middle aged, invariably " somewhat rotund" males wearing baseball hats....

The increasing use, as demonstrated by many on here and in the media of "Americun English"...."any time soon, folks, perp" etc ad vomit

Gabbled conversations rather than coherent and constructed conversations, the former in particular seemingly a favourite of the dross presenters and their equally inane "shows" on television.

Most, if not all, of the fabled "whinging Middle England, mwah!" fraternity.

ExSp33db1rd
2nd Mar 2015, 08:34
The 99.9% of humanity - at least that wot flies - crowding toes to the edge of the luggage conveyor belt waiting for their luggage. It doesn't come any faster, and in fact one can reclaim it faster, once spotted, ( difficult in itself with everyone crowded to the edge ) if one steps back a few feet. Don't do it near me, I eventually home in and knock a few sideways, then take out a few more with a Boadicea type swing as I take it off. ( actually I'm working on making a case with large flick knife type blades built in, to really have some effect when I remover it from the belt )

Why do people do this ?

Solid Rust Twotter
2nd Mar 2015, 09:59
Why do people do this ?

It only takes one. The next one steps in closer to see around them and the end result is that everyone is wedged up against the belt in order to see past the mob.

I generally move up to the red line denoting the clear area and wait there, but there's always some thick phucque who'll then shove into the space left clear inside the line in front of me.

radeng
2nd Mar 2015, 10:38
>The word 'gotten'!

A 'orrible 'mericanism. <

I was told at school that it is English from Wessex in about the 15th or 16th century.

Tattoos and piercings. Definitely on my hate list. Although the situation won't arise now I'm retired, I wouldn't employ somebody with visible tattoos and piercings....

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Mar 2015, 11:09
Joy ride - you are spot on! Which is why cyclists tend to ignore 'cycle lanes', which are not put there for the convenience of cyclists (as you point out, they are the opposite) but to tick some burocratic local authority box.

So just ignore them. And also ignore the ignorant motorists who fulminate and toot at you for 'not using the cycle lane so thoughtfully provided". :rolleyes:

vulcanised
2nd Mar 2015, 12:45
Having just seen one AGAIN for the umpteenth time -

Those irritating and pointless signatures that a few brainless dolts always attach to their posts.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Mar 2015, 13:04
Many, I suspect, are sent automatically as sneak marketing, such as "sent from my Blackberry" and the senders don't know how to turn it off.

Ancient Mariner
2nd Mar 2015, 13:16
If something annoys me, I have two choices. Ignore it, or do something about it.
If someone near me eats with their mouth open, I'll tell them to close it. Their red face, not mine.
I'll wait for my luggage well away from the conveyor, when I see it I'll barge in, pick up my suitcase and leave. Their toes, shins and kneecaps, not mine.
Life's too short, and my blood pressure is spot on......still.
Per

Gertrude the Wombat
2nd Mar 2015, 13:31
Are there any other sort?
Yes. I know one honest estate agent, and once upon a time I even knew an honest insurance salesman (she wasn't actually any good at it, she was much better at the day job - teaching Indian cookery).

Oh, and of course I know lots of honest politicians.

Gertrude the Wombat
2nd Mar 2015, 13:34
Many, I suspect, are sent automatically as sneak marketing, such as "sent from my Blackberry" and the senders don't know how to turn it off.
The sig just makes them look like a twit, though, and the fact they haven't bothered to find out how to turn it off makes them look even more of a twit.

Octopussy2
2nd Mar 2015, 13:41
I can't be bothered to find out how to turn mine off, and anyone that knows me will know that the signature appears automatically and that I can't be bothered to turn it off etc...

I don't think that makes me a twit.

I do many worse things...

Burnt Fishtrousers
2nd Mar 2015, 14:00
People that say "Train Station" instead of Railway Station

The BBC

Jeremy Clarkson

Anyone with armfuls of tattoos

People who start any conversation with "so..."

Cyclists who are under the impression pedestrian crossings are also for them whilst riding their bicycles

Political correctness..c**ts

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Mar 2015, 14:01
Leftie luvvy media, especially BBC.

Believers in astrology, religious extremism, homeopathy, and all other ignorant, lazy, anti-scientific bollox.

Climate change zealots and the excuse so-called man-made change brings to wring more money out of us (or is it just another religion - followers will call you a 'denyer' if you disagree with their views?).

'Entitlement' culture; the belief of being owed a living, and that free lunches do exist. A shirking of personal responsibility, in other words.

Bluddy wind turbines - they are expensive and don't work. If they are any good, remove their subsidy and let's see if they stand up then. And they disfigure the landscape (and seascape).

Cruise ships. Why can't they at least look like ships, rather than blocks of flats on their sides? Never been on a cruise and never want to; it must be like being locked in the Trafford Centre for 2 weeks!

Inadequate dog owners (so that's most of them, then).

House burglar alarms. They 'cry wolf' so often that they just get ignored and serve only to ruin the peace of a summer's afternoon or prevent the neighbours from getting to sleep.

tony draper
2nd Mar 2015, 14:57
Junk Mail and Junk phone calls,the people who run these businesses should have holes drilled in their skulls with a black and decker and concentrated nitric acid injected into said holes then their screams transmitted to a grateful nation on the wireless.:suspect:

Octopussy2
2nd Mar 2015, 15:01
Drivers who risk their lives and mine by overtaking when it's plainly not safe to do so on narrow, slippy, Alpine roads with a large drop on one side, in order to end up maybe 2 cars ahead of where they would have been 20 km further down the road. (and I am NOT either a slow or patient driver).

dazdaz1
2nd Mar 2015, 16:40
Seldomfit.. I think what Henry meant.. "Begs the question 'how did you post that message'? :p

It's his life style that he was pertaining to, a golden age (and I agree with Henry) where a woman knew her place in the marital home. Highlighted by the Sunday lunch and later, crumpets with butter for tea. A long lost 50s life style.

Having said that, younger ladies of today (20yr old g/f) seem more interested in the sexual aspects of a relationship.

Believe me I have tried to motivate the young lady, bought top of the range Dyson vac, state of the art washing machine and a steam iron that could take creases out of leather.

To no avail.:{

thing
2nd Mar 2015, 18:57
'Travellers'-who travel nowhere and live on the same council site for decades.

Bankers.

Lefties who pontificate about social engineering when they don't have to live with the results of same, because they're not really lefties are they; they're just middle class wasters in leafy suburbs with nothing else to do.

I was told at school that it is English from Wessex in about the 15th or 16th century.I would go back to your old school and ask for a refund. Wessex was about 600 years earlier.

People with no manners who don't acknowledge when you hold a door open for them.

I heard a great retort for this that I haven't had chance to use yet...

Man opens door for woman, woman says 'You don't have to open the door for me because I'm a women.'

Man replies 'I'm not opening it because you're a women, I'm opening it because I'm a gentleman.'

victor tango
2nd Mar 2015, 19:13
Thing your #49 last para :D:D:D

victor tango
2nd Mar 2015, 19:17
Your all getting the hang of this !!!

Next rant, sorry, subject for gentle discussion is:

COMMUNICATION

sitigeltfel
2nd Mar 2015, 19:31
Those miniature supermarket shopping trolleys for kids. The next little 'stard that tries to take out my Achilles tendon with one of them is going to end up in the freezer cabinet. :*

ExSp33db1rd
2nd Mar 2015, 19:34
when I see it........
That of course is the main problem.

Tho' interesting of course similar threads have come and gone previously, but I'll repeat one of my pet hates ( to the annoyance of the ladies, sorry, but it seems to be the way it is ! ) .... women - and it is almost exclusively women 'cos men just put their hands into their trouser pockets for their wallet - who chat idly to the supermarket checkout lady whilst watching her tally up all the goods, pack them into bags, plastic or personal, stash them back into the trolley then, and only then, start rummaging around in the bottom of some voluminous bag searching for the elusive purse, muttering some imprecation such as " I know I brought it, it's got to be in here somewhere ". Can't they start looking for the blasted purse before they get to the front of the queue, do they really think that they don't have to pay ? - and usually now they have to put their cellphone down first ! Grrrrr.

obgraham
2nd Mar 2015, 20:09
What do I hate about modern life?

Everything and everyone.

It's most unfortunate that "Hermit" is no longer an honorable profession.

radeng
2nd Mar 2015, 20:54
thing.

Although 'Wessex' as an identifiable governmental area was earlier, 'Wessex' as an area of particular ethnic habitat and interest lasted much later. In the same way as 'Curnow' does.

sea oxen
2nd Mar 2015, 21:22
It's strange that nobody seems to understand what Room 101 really means. It's not a peeve, a nuisance, a dislike or even a hate.

It's something so fearsome that you'd betray the only person you'd ever truly loved, as she would you.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Mar 2015, 21:44
I think the 'Room 101' of this thread is the TV version. 'Things that get up your nose'.

thing
2nd Mar 2015, 23:14
Although 'Wessex' as an identifiable governmental area was earlier

I was taking it as such, apologies for any misinterpretation on my part.

ExSp33db1rd
3rd Mar 2015, 07:13

and "sent from my iPad" I learnt how to turn that off very quickly.

joy ride
3rd Mar 2015, 08:44
I am so old that I remember when Bus Stop queues consisted of an orderly line of people waiting patiently near the kerb so that the rest of the pavement was clear.

Nowadays a Bus Stop queue is a large coagulation of people making damn sure that no passing pedestrians can get through it without inconvenience and irritation.

Impatient Joggers also irritate me. For instance, every time I go up Maggie Blake's Cause (walking with others or pushing my bicycle) one or more joggers will approach from behind and hustle noisily to get past even though the alleyway is too narrow and crowded. Sorry, Impatient Joggers, but if you cannot tolerate the presence of other people patiently go to a gym and use a Treadmill! Or just jog impatiently into Room 101

ehwatezedoing
3rd Mar 2015, 14:43
Cave 101.

I'm sure I would be complaining about living in a cave.
Having to start a fire smashing two rocks, go hunting food during nasty winters and coming back with nothing.
Speaking of food, not being on top of the food chain, tribal wars etc...

I think I'm ok with modern life :p

Shaggy Sheep Driver
3rd Mar 2015, 14:51
and "sent from my iPad" I learnt how to turn that off very quickly.

I have an aversion to Apple's bid to take over the world of personal communication by locking folk into proprietary features like 'Facetime'. Most users of course haven't a clue that they are being played like a fiddle as they pay Apple's exhorbitant prices while just as good open Android devices exist.

So I append the following message to most e-mails: 'Guaranteed i-free'

Apple goes into my Room 101, too.

Ancient Mariner
3rd Mar 2015, 15:05
Annoying grumpy old gits. Priceless.😆
Per

Damnation, I've been fiddling with my Sumsnag to post this, but it does not say: "Sent from my Sungsam". :mad:

RedhillPhil
3rd Mar 2015, 15:18
I don't really like the way vocabulary is going. I realise that it's an evolving thing but I still get irritated when I hear about places being accessed and things being trialled as well as people sourcing stuff. There was a man on the B.B.C. radio last week that asked his interviewee if was feeling trepidatious and then a few minutes later mentioned something that he found comedic. Last night I watched a competition on the idiot box (BBC again) when at the end the presenter described it as adrenalised.
We don't have thoughts, opinions or versions nowadays, we have takes.

You know when you're getting old etc.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
3rd Mar 2015, 15:28
Ah yes, and what about the latest abomination in the media - the word 'resonate'. Arghhh!

Private jet
3rd Mar 2015, 17:24
Tattoo's

Piercings

"Goatee" beards

"Lycra loonies" -Aggressive arrogant cyclists who think they have priority on the road over everyone else. How much road tax do they pay for their bicycles exactly??

Celebrity chefs telling us that this is the "right" or "wrong" way to cook something, and that there's something wrong with you if you don't like shellfish etc. and saying they support healthy diets as they pour salt, fat & sugar into their creations (You can make anything taste good doing that. They're not as "clever" as they like to make out)

joy ride
3rd Mar 2015, 17:33
^ Despite being a regular cyclist I agree that arrogant and aggressive cyclists are a complete pain, and give us a very bad reputation.

The Tax issue though is irrelevant, many adults, like me DO pay "car tax" for their cars, but often choose to cycle instead and thus reduce congestion for those that want or have to drive!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
3rd Mar 2015, 21:42
Well 'car tax' is based on exhaust emissions, so bicycles would score zero. My 7 bhp 85cc Honda 90 pays 17. A 150mph 200K BMW hybrid super car pays nothing.

Sort out that ludicrous situation with the BMW and my C90 before you attack cyclists for road tax!

vulcanised
3rd Mar 2015, 22:27
People who find the most mundane objects/events "Amazing"

People who keep saying "Know what I mean?"

People who end sentences with "Yeah?"

People.

hiflymk3
3rd Mar 2015, 22:33
"Can I get?"

Private jet
3rd Mar 2015, 23:10
Well 'car tax' is based on exhaust emissions, so bicycles would score zero.

One of "Broon's" stealth taxes. Personally I think the "burden" of road tax should be spread a little more equally to other road users, cyclists and indeed horse riders (why should they pay nothing?) vintage cars and agricultural vehicles too, why exactly are they granted an exemption?
That's my opinion, that's all.

G-CPTN
3rd Mar 2015, 23:30
vintage cars - why exactly are they granted an exemption?
Perhaps because they are typically used 'weekends only' in summer?

Private jet
4th Mar 2015, 00:00
Perhaps because they are typically used 'weekends only' in summer

So, if I have a "normal car" I use infrequently should I be exempt too? If so then why is it not the case? How would the administration be organised?
Sorry but either everybody should pay something or everybody pays nothing and its all funded by other taxes. Either way that's the fairest way and stops unfair exemptions for those with a vested interest.

joy ride
4th Mar 2015, 08:13
I would be quite happy to pay road tax for cycling even though I already share tax for a car and a van, but as London has had 80 cyclists killed and 30,000 cycle accidents in just 4 years I think some major improvements should be made for our safety!

radeng
4th Mar 2015, 11:05
SSD,

In what context do they use 'resonate' that it irritates you?

To me, ' to resonate' means adjusting a tuned circuit such that it is resonant, meaning that the applied voltage and current are in phase......I suspect, though, you aren't complaining about that use of the term, or the induction of energy into an oscillatory system at its resonant frequency from an external source.

Stanwell
4th Mar 2015, 16:33
Nah,
He means it ricochets around the walls of one's cranium - as it does mine.

SSD, I think you've covered nearly all of my gripes - you've not left me too much.
Don't worry, I'm sure to come up with something else.

The next meeting of the Curmudgeons' Club will be held on...
..and Sallyann will be taking the minutes.

Shaggy Sheep Driver
4th Mar 2015, 17:44
radeng, the definition of 'resonate' you give is the one I grew up with. In modern usage it seems to mean 'agree with a idea someone puts forward'. Or "lot's of examples of room 101 fodder on this thread resonate with me". :yuk:

G-CPTN
4th Mar 2015, 19:25
"lot's of examples of room 101 fodder on this thread resonate with me".
Strike a chord?

innuendo
4th Mar 2015, 19:41
Automated phone menus, "Please listen carefully as the options have recently been changed" Utter BS, they have been the same for ages. :*

Similar to, "Your call is important to us". If it was someone would answer.

G-CPTN
4th Mar 2015, 23:07
"Your call is important to us". If it was someone would answer.
I encountered a burst watermain (probably a 6 inch main) that was in an excavation (done for a new connection to be made) which was spouting four feet high (not over the edge of the excavation).

I presumed that the 'leak' had occurred after the contractors had left (it was late at night).

I tried the '24 hour' emergency contact number until my mobile ran out of PAYG credit without any human response.

When I got home I rang the 0800 Freephone number and eventually got answered.

To be fair I got a callback three days later telling me that the leak had been fixed (which I knew because I had checked the day after I reported it) and thanking me for my call.