PDA

View Full Version : new kiwi start up KRA...

outboundjetsetter
1st Mar 2015, 04:50
New airline 'totally different' | Stuff.co.nz (http://www.stuff.co.nz/waikato-times/business/66801770/kiwi-regional-airline-totally-different-to-failed-kiwi-air)

what aircraft type do you think they will use? im sure there will be a few ex eagle staff and planes floating around soon???.

BPA
1st Mar 2015, 06:09
Their website says 3 Saab 340's.

DeltaT
1st Mar 2015, 07:22
There are quite a few other experienced pilots out there in the job market too, not just Air NZ ones...

cnsnz
1st Mar 2015, 07:27
In the other article in the link he states two 340b from europe.

notbelowminima
1st Mar 2015, 21:29
Noithing like competition. Although imagine seeing a couple of RJ's on the medium routes i.e. AA-NS/CH-PM/TG-WN and TG-CH?

deadcut
1st Mar 2015, 21:47
Is this really going to happen? Or does a couple of SAAB photos with KRA photo shopped onto them means its a done deal?

I doubt Air NZ will just let him into the market. Even if it means losing money.

cnsnz
2nd Mar 2015, 05:24
NZ is withdrawing from the market they are looking to operate?

NoseGear
2nd Mar 2015, 07:23
Good lord thrusters......A) they are not operating RJ's. B) the routes they are looking at are different to Air NZ (see map on website). C) EW is involved so it probably won't get further than a website. D) Saabs are not the most efficient, I flew them years ago, lovely to fly but not the best economy, which probably explains in part why Link now fly Dash 8s....sorry, Q400s:rolleyes: I flew RJs too, the CRJ kind, and in no way would they make any sense on such short sectors where they would only beat a Turboprop by a few minutes, at a much greater fuel penalty.

Interesting to see how it unfolds...or folds...:E

waren9
24th Jun 2015, 04:03
ewans getting serious (http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/industries/69662951/kiwi-regional-airlines-names-start-date-and-routes)

NZFlyingKiwi
24th Jun 2015, 07:17
I would have thought the recent Jetstar announcement would have killed what little chance this had of getting off the ground. Granted they aren't flying all the same routes KRA are supposed to be, but probably all of the (possibly) profitable ones...

lilflyboy262...2
25th Jun 2015, 01:49
I wonder if they will be having Pay2fly newbies in the right hand seat out of Ardmore.

DeltaT
25th Jun 2015, 07:47
Interesting that the FO minimums listed on their website call for experienced and type rated pilots, but the Stuff article quotes management as saying newbie cadets from Ardmore!