PDA

View Full Version : JQ Returns to ML due Unruly / Disruptive Passenger.

Ex FSO GRIFFO
1st Mar 2015, 03:37
This reported this arvo.....

Jetstar flight returns to Melbourne due to unruly passenger (http://www.watoday.com.au/national/jetstar-flight-returns-to-melbourne-due-to-unruly-passenger-20150301-13rpqz.html?eid=email:nnn-13omn652-ret_newsl-membereng:nnn-04/11/2013-news_am-dom-news-nnn-watoday-u&campaign_code=13INO006&promote_channel=edmail&mbnr=NTYxMTM0NQ)

Seeing as how the flight was closer to Adelaide, (Just AFTER it had reached AD)...I wonder what could be the reason (s) for not calling the cops to meet them there, offload the 'trash', and carry on?

Cheers:ok:

Lookleft
1st Mar 2015, 03:54
I wonder what could be the reason (s) for not calling the cops to meet them there, offload the 'trash', and carry on?

The reason is in the article, 1:40am. I do however like the irony of the footage of the C/C reminding people that they can't film onboard and to delete the image!

John Lush
1st Mar 2015, 03:58
Curfew? Would a dispensation to land at Adelaide be granted under these circumstances?

Lookleft
1st Mar 2015, 04:13
You can land but you can't take off and the answer to a dispensation would be no.

Stanwell
1st Mar 2015, 04:38
Aside from the real reason smoking is not permitted on aircraft these days...

"Jet fuel is ten times more volatile than car fuel.." she said.
And which car fuel would that be, sweetie?

I obviously didn't learn much during my time in the petrochemicals industry.
Anyway, I hope they throw the book at that idiot.

LeeJoyce
1st Mar 2015, 06:32
The reason it came back here is because there are staff here at that time

Everyone in ADL were nicely tucked in bed

Pinky the pilot
1st Mar 2015, 09:23
"Jet fuel is ten times more volatile than car fuel.." she said.

Just from where do they get these ideas?:confused::confused:

Stanwell
1st Mar 2015, 09:39
Good question.
That's what the flight attendant was quoted as saying in the 'WA today' article.
I think she must have done 'Home Economics' rather than Science at school.
Well, a humble reporter looking for a good story must take the word of an 'Aviation Professional'' eh?

Hopefully someone will take her aside and have a quiet word with her.

megan
1st Mar 2015, 11:16
Hopefully someone will take her aside and have a quiet word with her
I wouldn't be too hard on her. Had a somewhat lengthy discussion trying to convince a highly experienced military instructor that jet fuel doesn't have lead in it.

zanzibar
1st Mar 2015, 11:34
A Fairfax reporter on the flight says the man appeared intoxicated prior to boarding the flight.

Now, unproven as it is (and it does involve believing a reporter), if that were the case why was he allowed to board in the first place?

A case of hand-ball, perhaps?

In any case, will he be prosecuted for breaking the law - smoking on board at the very least? Simply banning him from flying isn't necessarily enforceable. QF, for example, don't always ask for photo ID (in my experience) and that's only possible anyway if you need to go to a counter at all. On line ticket purchase, self serve bag drop etc. etc. avoids all that.

atlas12
2nd Mar 2015, 01:19
"We carry jet fuel, which is 10 times more volatile than car fuel, so for safety reason [we turned around the flight]," she said.

LOL! :8

I seriously doubt she said that, by the way

Ex FSO GRIFFO
2nd Mar 2015, 04:17
Thanks 'LL',

I was unaware that 'Sleepy Hollow' had a curfew. I did have a quick look at ERSA, but saw it not there, hence my original post.

Ta

Cheers:ok:

Lookleft
2nd Mar 2015, 06:40
I think its now de riguer amongst the airport management set to have a legislated curfew. Believe it or not even Williamtown has a curfew, and to prove the RAAF do it different it starts at 10:00pm!

On eyre
2nd Mar 2015, 07:28
Ex FSO Griffo - ERSA entry for Adelaide makes reference towards the end under Noise Abatement Proceduers saying CURFEW applies - See AIP/DAP Noise Abatement Procedures.