PDA

View Full Version : Why do the media dub this murderous lunatic 'Jihadi John'?

Shaggy Sheep Driver
28th Feb 2015, 16:10
He glories in the barbarous murder of innocent people. He is mad or evil or both. It's difficult to conceive of a more detestable excuse for a human being.

So why the comedic alliterative title as if he is some sort of jolly music hall act?

Dash8driver1312
28th Feb 2015, 16:23
Same as Comical Ali. Attempting to defang and identify and vilify all at once.

probes
28th Feb 2015, 16:45
Why? Because they're paid for finding 'drama', no matter what, who or why.

VP959
28th Feb 2015, 16:58
Apparently it wasn't the media, but the captives. The story goes that there are four UK nationals in this group, and the captives named them "John", "Paul", "George" and "Ringo", after the Beatles.

It turns out that "John" was then alliteratively turned into "Jihadi John".

In this case I don't think the media had anything to do with making the name up, all they've done is exploit the rather black humour of the captives that chose to give their captors names.

airship
28th Feb 2015, 17:22
When did the media ever need a valid excuse to do anything?

Oh. Sorry, I forgot. Was it when they stopped...

Just reporting the real news, giving us all verified facts?
Adding just enough additional content to the "barebones facts" from Reuter's / FP's and other newswire sources etc. so that we could more easily understand the news?

And before they all pretty-much transformed themselves into "news-entertainment" providers...

Making-up the news to suit their own commercial interests?
Subordinating genuine journalism for the interests of their publishers / owners?
Selecting their coverage and tilt according to their political connections and convictions?
Even becoming agents of propoganda...?

:rolleyes: :} :uhoh:

victor tango
28th Feb 2015, 18:43
I agree with the posts.

Ok guys .... what should he be called ?????????

Isis itist beetle ?

Anything to take away any semblance of "acceptable" notoriety.

evansb
28th Feb 2015, 19:12
One western news correspondent referred to him as a "gentleman". As in "..this gentleman has been responsible for the murder of tens of thousands of innocents".

MTOW
28th Feb 2015, 20:05
If the bd is caught, I strongly suspect that the only thing "J John" is going to be caught in is the crosshairs of a Hellfire missile sight. Hopefully very, very soon.

I for one would not lose a lot of sleep if the Americans get it wrong with their first hundred attempts and cause a LOT of "collateral damage" to many other ISIS "operatives", (including each and every one of the many "Australians" currently "serving" with ISIS).

Tankertrashnav
28th Feb 2015, 21:52
Very happy to see this murderous psycho in the crosshairs of the sight of a Hellfire or any other lethal weapon.

Not so happy about the collateral damage which is more than likely going to consist of poor miserable sods who are just as anxious to see the back of ISIS as we are.

Thats the trouble with wars these days - you cant draw a line on the map any more and say the goodies are on this side and the baddies are on that side.

Would that it were so easy.

ArthurR
28th Feb 2015, 23:28
Lets hope that when he is caught they will bring him back, not all just the head.

Bushfiva
1st Mar 2015, 00:56
Same as Comical Ali. Attempting to defang "Chemical", not comical. Named by his fellow Iraqis for his weapons of choice against the Kurds.

meadowrun
1st Mar 2015, 02:38
Apparently the idiot was never the same after running headfirst into a goalpost.

Wouldn't have had this particular problem if the UK hadn't seen a pressing need to allow the immigration of a former Kuwaiti policeman who became a mini-cab driver (a much under-filled job sector that cannot be filled with natives).

Anyway, he now has a nice life, never going outside for fear of targeting from above or from a sniper unless it's for an orchestrated blood romp in the desert. Maybe one of your new friends will rat you out.
No coming back to the UK now Johnnie. The brothers are waiting for you. Even if you try, get arrested at the border and go to prison, the brothers wait.

Hope you can read this johnnie boy.

1st Mar 2015, 04:36
If he ever comes back to the UK saying he's repented, I can't help but feel that Geoffrey Robertson or someone similar will represent him manfully for as long as the British taxpayer-supplied legal aid gravy train will run.

We have a very minor version of Jihad John out here in Oz, (wannabee only, but not for lack of trying), one David Hicks. He's now the darling of the Left, particularly 'our' ABC, which makes 'your' BBC look positively right wing, and is almost certainly lining up to claim compensation and to have his medical and dental bills paid for by the mug taxpayer.

The Left are trumpeting that he's 'innocent', even though he has written a book admitting having done everything he's accused of. He's only 'innocent' because when he did what he admits he did, it's wasn't yet illegal.

Oh, and he was in Afghanistan 'on holidays' when captured and shipped off to Gitmo, where he 'endured' torture for five years, which, by the look of him when he was released, included force-feeding of double whopper Big Macs with double servings of cheese.

Stanwell
1st Mar 2015, 05:43
I'll have chest-plaques made up for them both..

David Hicks: 'Innocent Bystander'.
Jihadi John: 'Misunderstood'.

GrumpyOldFart
1st Mar 2015, 16:32
Bushfiva:

"Chemical", not comical. Named by his fellow Iraqis for his weapons of choice against the Kurds.

Comical Ali was the name given to the Information Minister in recognition of the fabulous and fatuous misinformation delivered by him.

:8

GrumpyOldFart
1st Mar 2015, 16:35
Isn't John another name for a sh1thouse?

No, no, John Hill - I don't mean you... of course I don't... really...

:uhoh:

sitigeltfel
1st Mar 2015, 17:05
I have just read that the Anita Roddick Foundation had given 100,000 to Cage, the Jihadist apologists and promoters. Maybe they misunderstood what "Body" in "The Body Shop" meant. :hmm:

They also received 300,000 from the Joseph Rowntree Foundation. Remember that the next time you buy a bar of chocolate.

meadowrun
1st Mar 2015, 17:18
Yes, and the BBC gave 53 minutes of air time, Sky, 58 minutes, to CAGEers with the comic book beards for a quasi-news conference. They apparently described John boy as a lovely man sent on the wrong path by security services.

Remember that the next time you turn on the idiot box.

racedo
1st Mar 2015, 17:31
Probably because D*ickhead Dave is already in use.

G-CPTN
1st Mar 2015, 18:16
I heard the CAGE conference live on the Beeb, and it was quite convincing - at least as convincing as many political broadcasts - then the Beeb pulled the plug at the most sensitive point.

I guess that the guys behind CAGE are as good at their jobs as was Tony Blair.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11442602/Cage-the-extremists-peddling-lies-to-British-Muslims-to-turn-them-into-supporters-of-terror.html

socrates
1st Mar 2015, 19:56
HOW TO STOP ISLAMIC TERRORISTS

Once in US history an episode of Islamic terrorism was very quickly stopped. It happened in the Philippines about 1911, when Gen. John J. Pershing was in command of the garrison. There had been numerous Islamic terrorist attacks, so "Black Jack" told his boys to catch the perps and teach them a lesson.

Forced to dig their own graves, the terrorists were all tied to posts, execution style. The US soldiers then brought in pigs and slaughtered them, rubbing their bullets in the blood and fat. Thus, the terrorists were terrorized; they saw that they would be contaminated with hogs' blood. This would mean that they could not enter Heaven, even if they died as terrorist martyrs.

All but one was shot, their bodies dumped into the grave, and the hog guts dumped atop the bodies. The lone survivor was allowed to escape back to the terrorist camp and tell his brethren what happened to the others. This brought a stop to terrorism in the Philippines for the next 50 years.

Pointing a gun into the face of Islamic terrorists won't make them flinch. They welcome the chance to die for Allah. Like Gen. Pershing, we must show them that they won't get to Muslim heaven (which they believe has an endless supply of virgins) but instead will die with the hated pigs of the devil.

reynoldsno1
1st Mar 2015, 22:01
CAGEers with the comic book beards
... strange that no one in the UAE, Pakistani, Afghan or Bangladeshi cricket teams has one ...

Mr Chips
1st Mar 2015, 22:52
Nice story about Pershing. Shame there is no evidence that it is actually true.

socrates
2nd Mar 2015, 09:02
Nice story about Pershing. Shame there is no evidence that it is actually true.

Hence the reason it is in quotes. ;-)

4mastacker
2nd Mar 2015, 12:19
What is it with the :mad: BBC? Every news item today had been led with an item about this reprehensible thug. Why does the BBC give him the oxygen of publicity?

CISTRS
2nd Mar 2015, 12:40
4mastacker

The BBC is turning the story.
It was a failure of the British educational system (his school and Westminster University). We turned this misfit kid into a killer. It was all our fault.
Of course.
The insensitive approach from the Security Service sent him over the top.

I hope that he can find it in his heart to forgive us.

NOT

4mastacker
2nd Mar 2015, 12:46
Thank you CISTRS. That seems to confirm my suspicions that the BBC is anti-UK and is full of apologists for each and every radical organisation. And more fools us for paying the :mad: TV licence.(sorry - bit of thread drift).

Interested Passenger
2nd Mar 2015, 13:35
Boris on the BBC interview with CAGE (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/terrorism-in-the-uk/11443487/Young-British-Muslims-should-realise-that-extremists-like-Jihadi-John-are-not-honouring-Islam.html)

Romeo Oscar Golf
2nd Mar 2015, 18:27
Ok guys .... what should he be called ?May be too obvious but I reckon Mohammed fits the bill!

Shaggy Sheep Driver
2nd Mar 2015, 18:47
Boris for PM!

G-CPTN
2nd Mar 2015, 21:22
BBC News - Mother recognised Mohammed Emwazi's voice on hostage videos (http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31700907)

SOPS
4th Mar 2015, 07:11
Just why is it that the UK seems to have an ever pressing need to import scum bags like these and hand them thousands in benefits?

Jihadi John family has cost taxpayers up to 400k to house them | Daily Mail Online (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2978334/Jihadi-John-family-s-20-years-benefits-s-cost-taxpayers-400k-house-fanatic-relatives-upmarket-areas.html)

And in other news today another group arrested on suspicion of grooming up to 450 under age girls for sex. Sorry, editing to say, as I did not realise, they have been convicted. A report about them has been realised today.

Any one want to bet how many of them have never worked a day in their lives?

And the mother knew who it was, and did not tell anyone......the word treason comes to mind.

G-CPTN
8th Mar 2015, 20:14
BBC News - Mohammed Emwazi 'deported for being drunk and abusive' (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31785166)