PDA

View Full Version : Plug in air fresheners

dazdaz1
28th Feb 2015, 16:09
Is this a con? I bought the said above and after two months it needed a new refill. Trip to local super market to purchase a refill, could not find one???? There is now a new model of freshener that requires a different size refill:sad:

dazdaz1
28th Feb 2015, 16:25
Henry, the said area is a hallway without ventilation/windows I apologise if my op was not clear.

dazdaz1
28th Feb 2015, 16:39
Henry..."Okay, do as I do, early morning open all doors and windows and let fresh air blow through"

I take it you don't live in Liverpool?

dazdaz1
28th Feb 2015, 16:53
:D:D I must depart for dinner.

UniFoxOs
28th Feb 2015, 16:55
If you must use these girlie things, don't use the plug-in ones - they are a right fire risk. Either get an aerosol and spray it when you enter the area, or one of those types where you pull up a wick out of a big bottle of solution.

G-CPTN
28th Feb 2015, 17:04
Does the original dark green pungent Airwick still exist?

I think it was mean to be 'pine'.

Union Jack
28th Feb 2015, 17:11
Perhaps it's just as well you couldn't source a refill, vide How Air Fresheners Are Killing You (http://healthwyze.org/index.php/component/content/article/184-how-air-fresheners-are-killing-you.html) :uhoh:

Jack

tony draper
28th Feb 2015, 17:33
Had a mate who served on the Polaris Boats,they breathed canned air for three months at a time he said when they surfaced at the end of the trip and cracked the hatches the fresh air of the Clyde flooding in it made a lot of them throw up.
:uhoh:

probes
28th Feb 2015, 17:44
fresh air comes from outside (provided it's not cigarette or car exhaust). Period.
:sad:

27mm
28th Feb 2015, 18:23
Fresh air and the Clyde? What was it Stanley Baxter sang, something along the lines of "Oh the Clyde, the Clyde, the wonderful Clyde, the last time I smelt it I nearly died".......;)

mixture
28th Feb 2015, 18:43
Henry..."Okay, do as I do, early morning open all doors and windows and let fresh air blow through"
I take it you don't live in Liverpool?

Alright then ....

Haddaway, man! Dee as ya telt, to get a propa airin' ya need to open da windaz and had ya pash pet ! The freshners canny do the same thin unless ya want ya place to smell like a netty. Stott da freshners, true fresh air is beltas man !

Now giz a bottle of dog and a bag o' crisps will ya pet ?

:E

Lantern10
28th Feb 2015, 20:45
As many have said fresh air comes from outside. If you want to put add a pleasant aroma to that why not use those thin wooden skewers, half sticking out of a bottle of scented oil.

meadowrun
1st Mar 2015, 03:26
Never understood this concept. Add chemicals to your ambient air to make it smell better(?), breathe-in and pay for the privilege and the electricity to boot. I assure you there are enough added chemicals in the air to breathe-in already. None of this is natural and is likely to be harmful.

One word - potpourri.

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Mar 2015, 06:16
One word - potpourri.

I see your potpourri and raise you bacon.

Pinky the pilot
1st Mar 2015, 07:09
and raise you bacon

Bushveldt cooked style bacon?:ok:

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Mar 2015, 07:23
Frying pan style. Do they have bacon air fresheners for vehicles? Might get a lot of cats invading the vehicle if you were to leave the windows open overnight.

Fliegenmong
1st Mar 2015, 07:46
Yes, I've also heard a lot of house fires are attributable to plug in air freshners....

good spark
1st Mar 2015, 08:48
clarkson had a bacon air freshener on top gear a while ago, he said it was so good it would cure people of vegitarianism

gs

Solid Rust Twotter
1st Mar 2015, 09:53
Always liked Clarkson.....:ok:

Cue the usual sad mob of unhappy campers who turn up whenever JC's name is mentioned...

Octane
3rd Mar 2015, 12:53
Fry some onions....

MagnusP
3rd Mar 2015, 12:57
On some public transport, a Vick's inhaler up each nostril can be quite effective.

Solid Rust Twotter
3rd Mar 2015, 15:11
Tried that in the Sud. Didn't work. Had to poke fingerloads of Vicks and other menthol rub up my hooter and into my sinuses to try to block out the stench of gangrene, faeces, puke and urine while flying casevacs. That didn't work either.