PDA

View Full Version : good flying school?

Pace
27th Feb 2015, 18:10
Hi I have a neighbour who is an indian lady and lawyer.
She lives with her husband in the block of flats near me near Tower Bridge /London Bridge London.
She is very keen to take up flying and get a PPL but is a busy Lady and has asked me advice on a school.
She needs a school which has good access from London Bridge as she would learn Saturdays Sundays and would not want two hours travel there and back to central London.
Can anyone recommend an airfield for her to learn and a good flying school for a middle aged professional Woman.
She has asked me but I am out of the loop on flying schools and which are easily accessible from South London

thanks

Pace

thing
27th Feb 2015, 18:17
Fairoaks or Biggin I would imagine. I was going to say they are quite dear but a lawyer living in a flat near tower bridge probably wouldn't notice...:)

Pace
27th Feb 2015, 18:31
When I flew a private jet from Biggin there was a quick link to Bromley South and a £15 taxi drive from there!
do you know a good school based there? Not sure on the connections to Fairoaks

pace

thing
27th Feb 2015, 18:53
Not been to Biggin for a long time I'm afraid so can't vouch for the excellence or not of their present schools. I'm sure somebody on here must know the score.

hegemon88
27th Feb 2015, 20:55
Stapleford and North Weald are both within a £15 taxi radius from the Central line (Theydon Bois and Epping stations, respectively). Stapleford are mainly a zero-to-hero factory but I can recommend a good and accommodating flight instructor to suit individual availability and intended pace (if you pardon the pun) of learning.

/h88

Baikonour
27th Feb 2015, 21:14
From London Bridge, the Northern line to Edgware or Jubilee to Stanmore, followed by a taxi will get you to Elstree in less than an hour.

Vicky at Flyers Flying School would probably be a good fit for your neighbour.

B.

dobbin1
27th Feb 2015, 21:35
Redhill is an option from London Bridge.

Oldbiggincfi
27th Feb 2015, 23:58
If she just wants to learn to fly does she need a PPL ?
Damyns Hall can't be too difficult from Tower Bridge by road.
Get in touch with Deepak and do a NPPL.
Nice modern aircraft and an easy airfield.
London Airsports Centre, AVIATION IS OUR GAME (http://www.londonairsports.com)

panjandrum
28th Feb 2015, 16:56
Seawing or Southend Flying Club at Southend are possibilities.
London Bridge -Jubilee line to Stratford, change to Great Eastern/Abellio Rail to Southend Airport.

SidT
2nd Mar 2015, 00:14
+1 for Seawing at Southend.
From tower Bridge, I'd walk (15mins) or taxi(5 mins) to Liverpool St and hop on the train to Southend Airport (50 mins).

Alternatively driving out on the A13 all the way to Southend.... time would depend on day/time/traffic obviously.

Duchess_Driver
2nd Mar 2015, 18:26
Said it before, will say it again.... could do ALOT worse than

Welcome to The Pilot Centre (http://www.thepilotcentre.co.uk)

Train out to Denham Green and then 15-20 minute walk (or a £5 taxi ride)