PDA

View Full Version : Free to any taker!

pilotwolf
6th Jun 2002, 16:41
Well, almost!

I have a complete set of the UK AIP which has not been updated for at least 5 years, along with various other technical manuals free to the first person willing to collect them.

If you want them shipped it will be at cost.

HOWEVER....

I am sure that any donation to the PPRUNE fund for them would be greatly appreciated either at time of collection via me or directly by yourself.

Email me:

[email protected]

pilotwolf
7th Jun 2002, 17:54
COME ON!

They must be worth £25.00 of someone's money to the fund even if you tell me to chuck them on the bonfire for you....

:D :D

Doctor Cruces
8th Jun 2002, 06:35
Sorry Woolfie mate,

5 year out of date AIP is like 5 year out of date Jeppies, only useful for lighting fires with. The Telegraph is cheaper for that purpose.

Don't think you'll get any takers.

Best of luck tho'.

Doc C

HugMonster
8th Jun 2002, 09:36
There is no way of telling what information in them is out of date. Relying on any of the information could be extremely dangerous. It would be completely impossible to update them.

Sorry, but I suggest you burn them. Far safer all round.

pilotwolf
8th Jun 2002, 10:26
Hi All.

It was never my intention for anyone to use them operationally.

Just thought someone may be interested in their 'nostalgic' value!

Jhieminga
9th Jun 2002, 16:40
Indeed an out of date AIP is not of much use I'm afraid, but what sort of Tech Manuals are you talking about? Some people might be interested in those if you can specify what you have to offer.

pilotwolf
12th Jun 2002, 18:36
OK. AIP gone on fire. :rolleyes:

Manuals I have left and can find are BENDIX RDR 4A Weather Radar and The Ground Course Study Guide for the Fokker 100.

Again I think these are probably more use as archives than teaching materials! :rolleyes:

Wolfie.

PS I shall make a contribution to the fund due to the heating costs I saved burning the AIP! :D :D

DistantRumble
13th Jun 2002, 09:32
Just a note - if you had tried the flightsim.com forums someone would have taken them PDQ