PDA

View Full Version : Most clueless party leader ever?

25th Feb 2015, 00:06
After seeing interviews with both Cameron and Clegg, I didn't think that there could possibly be a UK political party with a more clueless leader.
IMO, I was very wrong.

Radio interview with Natalie Bennett (leader of Green party)
Video: Green Party's Natalie Bennett gives 'excruciating' radio interview - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/green-party/11431756/Green-Partys-Natalie-Bennett-gives-excruciating-radio-interview.html)

This Andrew Neil TV interview has probably already been mentioned on here before but if not: (the interview starts at 4:15)
5dFn8RIXOBE

Fox3WheresMyBanana
25th Feb 2015, 00:11
http://www.random-badge-emporium.com/ekmps/shops/randombadges/images/Dagenham-East-London-Underground-Sign-Fridge-Magnet-Choice-Of-Sizes-District-Line-Tube-245500-p.jpg

4 stops beyond Barking

Fubaar
25th Feb 2015, 00:43
She's payback from Australia for all those people you lot didn't want who you sent out to us.

Pleeeease, whatever you do, don't send her back. She's yours - with our blessing.

Pinky the pilot
25th Feb 2015, 01:22
Pleeeease, whatever you do, don't send her back. She's yours - with our blessing

Exactly. The ones we have are bad enough:yuk: but we don't want anyone actually making them appear rational, compared to her anyway.

SOPS
25th Feb 2015, 02:14
It goes to prove the Greens are basically complete fools, be them in Australia or the UK.

reynoldsno1
25th Feb 2015, 02:22
Mmmm ... 49 going on 9 ... everybody will get a kitten as well.

Stanwell
25th Feb 2015, 02:33
.... whether you want one or not!

We have her apprentice as head of the Greens, here in OZ, thank you.

MTOW
25th Feb 2015, 03:58
There would be some very happy Antipodeans if she could be convinced to recruit Our (sigh!) Sarah and Our Christine to go over to the Old Dart to advise her... for about twenty years.

With no sabbaticals. Can't be churning out all that nasty carbon on unnecessary air travel donchaknow.

Impress to inflate
25th Feb 2015, 04:55
Who the f$ck voted for this moron, is she for real? The sad thing is, she earns a bloody fortune as an MP, set up for life. She is a strong argument for euthanasia at a younger age !:ugh::ugh:

Impress to inflate
25th Feb 2015, 05:30
Just watched it again, I bet she was a right royal pain the ar$e when she was at high school, the loud mouthed know it all who would lecture the teachers on the education policies of Zambia compared to Niger

rh200
25th Feb 2015, 05:46
The sad thing is, she earns a bloody fortune as an MP, set up for life.

Yep, who's the fool then:p:E

sitigeltfel
25th Feb 2015, 06:09
Politicians like her don't get into power without substantial backing. That there are so many people gullible enough to vote for them is the real worry.
A greater worry, is that even after that interview meltdown, they will still follow her.

Solid Rust Twotter
25th Feb 2015, 07:17
kdOPBP9vuZA

gorter
25th Feb 2015, 07:18
Who the f$ck voted for this moron, is she for real? The sad thing is, she earns a bloody fortune as an MP, set up for life. She is a strong argument for euthanasia at a younger age !:ugh::ugh:

Minor Point of order. Whilst she is the leader of the Green Party she is not an MP. The green party's sole MP is Caroline Lucas. Not that I'd vote for either of them.

ATNotts
25th Feb 2015, 08:23
Minor Point of order. Whilst she is the leader of the Green Party she is not an MP.

Quite so, but why exactly would anyone want to vote for a party headed up by a foreigner? Can you imagine the outcry if a UK party had a French or German leader?!!!

Sorry, I forgot, in the minds of many Brits. Australia is still a British colony. :D

tony draper
25th Feb 2015, 08:29
Possibly a new leader for them?:rolleyes:
Whitby councillor claims aliens are influencing President Putin's actions in the Ukraine conflict - Chronicle Live (http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/whitby-councillor-claims-aliens-influencing-8693183)

sitigeltfel
25th Feb 2015, 08:33
I hear banjos.........

Astrology could help take pressure off NHS doctors, claims Conservative MP | Politics | The Guardian (http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/feb/25/astrology-help-nhs-claim-conservative-mp-david-tredinnick)

Wingswinger
25th Feb 2015, 08:42
Quite so, but why exactly would anyone want to vote for a party headed up by a foreigner? Can you imagine the outcry if a UK party had a French or German leader?!!!

Well, it's distinctly possible that Germany may have a half-Scot as Chancellor in the future.

David McAllister - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_McAllister)

bcgallacher
25th Feb 2015, 08:51
If she had the intelligence to provide coherent and informative answers to questions she would not be a member of the Green Party.

Dr Jekyll
25th Feb 2015, 10:01
Well, it's distinctly possible that Germany may have a half-Scot as Chancellor in the future.

Nick Clegg has a Dutch mother and a half Russian father.

And Winston Churchill was half American of course.

oldchina
25th Feb 2015, 10:50
I've no doubt it runs in the family.

I wonder what got her ancestors transported.
Couldn't remember that wearing a mask and carrying a sack with SWAG on it would draw the attention of Mr Plod?

Tankertrashnav
25th Feb 2015, 10:52
I thought that Aussie women they ditched recently was actually Welsh.

They're definitely getting payback!

Going back to her interview, she hasnt yet learned the standard bullshitting politician's way of dealing with questions where you dont know the answer. Representatives of ALL of the main parties would have said something like "what people really want to know is..." and proceed to answer a completely different question. They all do it.

Blacksheep
25th Feb 2015, 11:27
I think I can see why David Cameron insisted that he wouldn't take part in the debates unless she was included. :)

treadigraph
25th Feb 2015, 11:44
I think I can see why David Cameron insisted that he wouldn't take part in the debates unless she was included

He may be an idiot, but he's no fool. (Courtesy: Python, M).

toffeez
25th Feb 2015, 13:37
Agreed, but he is an Upper Class Twit (Courtesy: Python, M).
As is his finance guy G OzBorn.
What, another one?

wings folded
25th Feb 2015, 13:49
Nick Clegg has a Dutch mother and a half Russian father.

And Winston Churchill was half American of course.

The Prime Minister of France is Spanish. He's from Barcelona, you know. (Courtesy Basil Fawlty)

John Marsh
25th Feb 2015, 16:02
Having heard the LBC interview, I can't help wondering if Ms Bennett is serving to deliberately scotch her party's chances. Corral all the potentially troublesome huggy-fluffs in a defined, safe area of unelectable hopelessness. I find it hard to believe any party spokesperson would consent to an interview on such flimsy (non-existent) preparation.

I'm probably being far too generous to her. She's simply clueless.

Can Ms Bennett be the only one? No. Sample the media-savvy skills of their leader in Wales, Pippa Bartolotti. On BBC Radio Wales, yesterday.

www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0536jjc (http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0536jjc)

Scroll ahead to 44mins 50s.

Smeagol
25th Feb 2015, 18:32
No supporters for the Green Party on JB?

(Just asking, certainly not from me!)

Fox3WheresMyBanana
25th Feb 2015, 18:39
We're mad, but we're not idiots.

OFSO
25th Feb 2015, 18:50
The Prime Minister of France is Spanish. He's from Barcelona, you know.

If he's from Barcelona, he's not Spanish.

ATNotts
26th Feb 2015, 08:45
Wingswinger

Indeed a possibility, Hr. McAllister currently (?) first minister of Niedersachsen, but he'll have to wait for Fr. Merkel to retire before that happens!

There is however a difference between the undercurrent of xenophobia that exists in the UK, versus the somewhat more liberal attitude of your average German; aside of the nutters in the NPD, PEGIDA etc - mostly, but not exclusively, in the former DDR.

4mastacker
26th Feb 2015, 09:25
I posted this image of the Green Party's new logo on another thread. I suppose it perfectly sums up their policies.

I've crossed the Greens off my 'Who to vote for?' list - I'm now down to Independents, the Monster Raving Loony Party and the Bus Pass Elvis Party.

http://www.silver-mg.com/Halloween/HalloweenGraphics/wolf2.jpg

Pinky the pilot
26th Feb 2015, 09:29
the Monster Raving Loony Party

A question from an Aussie; Wasn't that headed by Screaming Lord Sutch, and didn't he top himself some time ago?:confused:

4mastacker
26th Feb 2015, 09:33
A question from an Aussie; Wasn't that headed by Screaming Lord Sutch, and didn't he top himself some time ago?

'Yes' and 'Yes'. They're still around and so far, they're still on my list.

capster
26th Feb 2015, 10:14
Surely this clown takes top spot. Jacob Zuma president of the ANC & Republic of South Africa, with no formal education under his belt.:yuk: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DClelfRo_Wg

Effluent Man
26th Feb 2015, 14:12
"Is it because I is a woman?"

bcgallacher
26th Feb 2015, 21:10
I find it difficult to believe that anyone could take Green Party policies seriously - their policies would result in those who do not starve to death will freeze to death.

om15
26th Feb 2015, 21:23
The Green Party do have their supporters though,

Green Party | Green Party, SNP and Plaid Cymru: Austerity has failed. Time for a new approach to politics (http://greenparty.org.uk/news/2014/12/15/green-party,-snp-and-plaid-cymru-austerity-has-failed.-time-for-a-new-approach-to-politics/)

These three ladies should between them get us back into skid row with their policies for the under fives.
Can they honestly think that anyone supports their drivel. Can't wait for the tv debates if the radio interview is anything to go by.

Krystal n chips
27th Feb 2015, 07:05
" These three ladies should between them get us back into skid row with their policies for the under fives."

And how, given the content of the statement you posted in the link, do you arrive at this wholly erroneous and "less than perceptive " viewpoint ?

The policies of CMD and Gorgeous and I.D.S have, or rather are on the way to, achieving the conditions you envisage the ladies in question will produce.

" Can they honestly think that anyone supports their drivel. Can't wait for the tv debates if the radio interview is anything to go by.

Yes they do because people do support their policies. Some are unrealistic, but there again, take a look at UKIP's and the same criteria applies.

Andy_S
27th Feb 2015, 09:02
Yes they do because people do support their policies. Some are unrealistic, but there again, take a look at UKIP's and the same criteria applies.

Some of UKIPs policies are, indeed, unrealistic.

Some of The Greens policies on the other hand are absolutely barking.

There is a difference.

om15
27th Feb 2015, 09:09
And how, given the content of the statement you posted in the link, do you arrive at this wholly erroneous and "less than perceptive " viewpoint ?The common denominator with all three is a failure to demonstrate how they will fund their fantasies.
Additionally, all their policies are drivel and are aimed at the intellectually challenged.

RJM
28th Feb 2015, 03:40
The Green Party do have their supporters though,

Green Party | Green Party, SNP and Plaid Cymru: Austerity has failed. Time for a new approach to politics

These three ladies should between them get us back into skid row with their policies for the under fives. Can they honestly think that anyone supports their drivel. Can't wait for the tv debates if the radio interview is anything to go by.

Where do these 'anti-austerity parties' think the money will come from?

If the following is true, it explains a bit about Natalie Bennett, whose political career, I suspect, will be quite brief. It's written by one Robert Henderson, in the London Evening Standard web comment page, 28/2/15:

RH1563 days ago
Nathalie Bennett's ineptitude comes as no surprise to me. For over a year I belonged to a group (The Somers Town People's Forum) campaigning to stop the building of the Francis Crick Institute, a huge laboratory situated next to St Pancras Station which will deal with extremely dangerous viruses. Bennett was part of the group.

One of her defining characteristics os her inability to think on her feet. So pronounced was this that she would simply refuse to debate a point with anyone who disagreed with her. Frankly, she is none too bright.

She is also dishonest. Bennett took a leading part in that campaign which lasted several years and ended in very predictable failure. That was because the project had the wholehearted support of both the Labour Government and the Tory Opposition. Normal campaigning on such grounds as danger and its contradiction of Camden Council’s public planning policy was irrelevant, because the supposedly impartial decision on who should be allowed to purchase the site had been taken before the bidding process even closed. (There were several other serious bidders with alternative uses such as housing and commercial development). The decision was meant to be taken by the Secretary of State for the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) on the grounds of value for money. No one outside DCMS was meant to be involved. The other bidders were spending their money (and these types of bids are very expensive) with no hope of success.
The one serious chance to stop the building of the Institute was to expose the illegitimate nature of the decision on who should purchase the site. This I did using the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA). The information gained by this means revealed that Gordon Brown when Prime Minister had intervened to ensure that the consortium backing the FCI bid got the land. The documents showing Brown’s interference are at the bottom of this post. They should be read in the context of powerful men getting their will done through expressing their desires rather than issuing direct orders. However, many of the documents are directly explicit about the involvement.
At the time of the campaign Miss Bennett was editor of The Guardian Weekly, a post she occupied from December 2007 until March 2012. She was in a position to get the story of Gordon Brown’s illicit involvement in the bidding process into the mainstream media . I supplied her with copies of the documents showing Brown’s interference. Miss Bennett refused to use them, something more than a little surprising because not only was she campaigning against the building of the FCI on the site, the interference was a category A political story and ostensibly one right up the Guardian’s street because it dealt with government misbehaviour behind closed doors. Miss Bennett also failed to use the information when she was called before the Commons Science and Technology committee to give evidence.
I will leave it to the reader to speculate about Miss Bennett’s motives for not using the information , but here are a few objective facts relevant to the question:
1. Despite being a mainstream journalist, she refused to use information which could have stopped the building of the FCI and which was, regardless of her involvement in the campaign against the FCI, the basis for a heavyweight political story.
2. Miss Bennett’s politics are hard core politically correct. Here are a few gems from her personal website Natalie Bennett (http://nataliebennett.co.uk/) to give you an idea of her mentality and politics:
Home page: Natalie Bennett, Journalist, Writer, Green, Feminist
Resurrecting Our Foremothers:
The Prime Minister Miss Bennett refused to expose was someone very much to her political taste, namely, someone who headed a Government reeking with political correctness.
The honesty of her behaviour and words as leader of the Greens should be weighed in the context of her behaviour over the Francis Crick Institute campaign.

Read more at https://ukcmri.wordpress.com/2012/09/09/the-new-leader-of-the-greens-knows-how-to-keep-mum/