PDA

View Full Version : Psychological/personality test

jebbesz
22nd Feb 2015, 18:06
Hi everyone,

I will do the assessment for one or two flight schools at the end of this year. The biggest obstacle during these assessments is the psychological/personality test. I would like to test whether or not my personality is good enough to become an airline pilot. I do not want to cheat on these tests, I am only curious if my personality is suitable and I would like to know what aspects of my personality have to be improved. There's still time for some improvement before the selection process will take place.

Does anybody know how I can do this? Is there some test/website where I can check my personality and compare it with the requirements of an airline?

Thanks in advance!

Officer Kite
22nd Feb 2015, 20:32
If you are 16 I think you're still quite young to be going anywhere near an FTO. With regards your actual question, they want someone who is a leader, a good communicator, flexible and many other things. Even very small amount of research should come back with loads of info !

clunckdriver
22nd Feb 2015, 20:34
Dont worry about this stuff, during the last sixty one years I have flown with many pilots who totally lackrd any personality , most of them flew fine, just keep them away from the PA! On a more serious note, be yourself, many companies put a lot of weight on this stuff, many others dont give a tinkers damn, good luck!

Officer Kite
22nd Feb 2015, 20:43
With the big european FTO's, personality and "competency based interviews" are almost everything during the selection process, if you can't talk about a time you worked in a team or dealt with conflict, you can have chuck yeager's flying skills and they still would not look at you. I'm not sure about Canada and the USA, but over here in most of Europe HR plays a major role in selecting young pilots.