PDA

View Full Version : He finally got it right: Sun revolves around the Earth

rotornut
20th Feb 2015, 00:10
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2015/02/16/Saudi-cleric-Sun-revolves-around-stationary-Earth.html

con-pilot
20th Feb 2015, 01:03
Must be a paid up member of the Flat Earth Society.

The Flat Earth Society (http://www.tfes.org/)

Yes, they live among us. :\

james ozzie
20th Feb 2015, 06:03
I understand we should not take these guys too seriously. I think they exist as a bit of a social club cum debating society and have a bit of fun dreaming up contorted outlandish explanations for the facts of a spherical earth. I know of one chapter once headed up by a geography teacher. Must have been a worry to the parents, though.

One of the doctrines is apparently that pilots are all sworn into a conspiracy not to reveal what they know from flying. Good stuff, really.

But as for the sheik guy - whackjob deluxe getting his 15 minutes of fame?

John Hill
20th Feb 2015, 08:31
Well yes, the earth does revolve around the sun if we are viewing from a point referenced to what we know as the universe.

However what we call the universe is only one of an infinite number of universes and each of those universes is revolving around a central point. What we know as our universe revolves around a point about midway between here and Cantabria.

tony draper
20th Feb 2015, 08:59
The retrograde motion of Mars? back to those crystal spheres then. :rolleyes:

Sallyann1234
20th Feb 2015, 09:43
I love the comment below it that football is haram.
Bring on the caliphate!

darkroomsource
20th Feb 2015, 10:40
I understand we should not take these guys too seriously.
But what happens when a huge group of people DO take these guys seriously?

Fox3WheresMyBanana
20th Feb 2015, 11:19
It becomes a religion!

I taught, briefly, in the ME. You would not believe some of the rubbish I was told by the country's Chief Science Inspector for schools.

To quote from a recent paper.
The present research found that the Muslim country mean IQ of 81 is half a standard deviation below the mean IQ of non-Muslim nations and is not related to strength of Muslim culture as defined by the percentage of Muslims in the country. The mean IQ of 84 in Arab countries is not associated with per capita income and is incompatible with the intellectual achievements of the golden age of the Muslim Empire. Possible explanations for this decline include hybridization with sub-Saharan Africans, dysgenic decrease in the more educated Muslims employing birth control as suggested by Meisenberg, the Muslim religion not fostering critical thinking, and the intellectual contributions being both exaggerated and made by non-Muslims.
Templer, Donald I. https://www.questia.com/library/journal/1P3-2018704731/the-comparison-of-mean-iq-in-muslim-and-non-muslim

..and we haven't even mentioned in-breeding. And I'd really rather not. :uhoh:

But the Lancet has: http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lancet/article/PIIS0140-6736(13)61132-0/abstract

Stanwell
20th Feb 2015, 14:36
As John Hill said...
"The universe revolves around a central point."

My daughter just happens to think it's her.

p.s. ..but the cat is certain that it revolves around him!

Flybiker7000
20th Feb 2015, 17:12
As the existence of sattelites are a good proof of the earths rotating, they should be called haram and the entire crowd should keep themselves in safe distance of everything that might connect to sattelite and goods produced by co's wich produce sattelite equipment (aircraft industry, mostly) or goods with include sattelite equipment (GPS, first to come in mind).
Actual I don't understand why they dont put any vestern invention on the haram-list!

Lonewolf_50
20th Feb 2015, 18:09
:p In separate statements Sheikh al-Khaibari said man never went to the moon, rejecting NASA’s lunar excursion video as Hollywood fabrication.
Where are the usual suspects who glorify the contributions to knowledge and culture that the Muslims have provided for mankind?
Hello, folks, is the microphone on? :p

rgbrock1
20th Feb 2015, 18:32
Well I don't know much about the sun revolving around the Earth, which any fool knows it does not, but I do know that I have some relations who think the sun revolves around their butt. Or shines out of it. :}:E

Fox3WheresMyBanana
20th Feb 2015, 19:12
Muslim Nobel Prize winners
800 Nobel Prize Winners,of whom 11 were Muslim. Of whom..

Anwar Sadat. Peace Prize for treaty with Israel, for which he was assassinated by other muslims.

Yasser Arafat. Peace prize for peace efforts, as leader of a muslim terrorist group that started the war in the first place, and continued it after the award.

Shirin Ebadi. Peace prize for efforts on women's and children's rights in muslim countries. Prize confiscated by muslim Iran and she now lives in exile in London.

Mohamed El Baradei. Peace prize largely for attempting to stop muslim countries developing illegal nuclear weapons. Currently on trial for betrayal of trust by a muslim law professor for resigning in protest over violent crackdown on muslims by other muslims.

Muhummad Yunis. Peace prize for introducing microcredit to relieve poverty in muslim countries caused by wholesale government corruption. Subsequently fired by Bangladeshi Government and now lives in Scotland.

Tawakkol Karman. Peace prize for human rights activities in muslim Yemen. She was the subject of assassination attempts, and other female human rights protesters were shot by (muslim) Government snipers. Has now accepted Turkish citizenship.

Malala Yousefzai. Peace prize for childrens' rights, especially in education. Shot in the head by muslim terrorists. Now lives in England.

Naguib Mafouz - Literature prize. As a supporter of ME peace, his works were largely banned in muslim countries until the Nobel embarrassed them into allowing publication. He remained on muslim terror group death lists, and was stabbed in the neck in 1994. Injuries effectively ended his writing career,and he had a constant bodyguard until dying in 2006.

Orhan Pamuk - Literature Prize. The subject of malicious court cases (including ex post facto laws) and assassination attempts in Turkey, he now lives in the USA.

Abdus Salam - Physics Prize. An Ahmadi muslim, but in his homeland of Pakistan Ahmadis are officially non-muslims, ahmaddis practising their religion are therefore blasphemers, and blasphemy carries the Death penalty. Always unable to teach in Pakistan, he did all his major work in Cambridge, England and Princeton, USA.

Ahmed Zewail. Chemistry Prize. Completed his education and did all his major work in the USA. Now a US citizen. He does not mention Islam at all in his autobiography.

All in all, a wonderful advertisement for Islam ;)

Windy Militant
20th Feb 2015, 20:37
Does the Panel think that the explanation for the lack of success by SETI may be explained by including fundamental religion in the Drake equation. :\

TURIN
20th Feb 2015, 23:18
Where are the usual suspects who glorify the contributions to knowledge and culture that the Muslims have provided for mankind?
Hello, folks, is the microphone on?

That'll be the same microphone used by those defending the imprisonment of Galileo by the Catholic Church.

reynoldsno1
23rd Feb 2015, 00:46
Flat earthers
ISTR a number of RAF navigators were also members of the august organisation known as the Flat Earth Society ;)

unstable load
23rd Feb 2015, 09:59
Quote:
Hello, folks, is the microphone on?
That'll be the same microphone used by those defending the imprisonment of Galileo by the Catholic Church.

That'll be PRE-Islamic Arabs, not Muslims....The advent if Islam has pretty much led to an Arabic "Dark Ages".

funfly
23rd Feb 2015, 19:30
I understand that when people from the U K go to the Isis areas then the average IQ of the UK goes up and the average IQ of the Isis country goes down.