PDA

View Full Version : A Right T(w)it; or 'Going off half-cocked)

david1300
19th Feb 2015, 06:25
Well, it doesn't say if it was her right t!t or her left one that was causing discomfort, but this shows again the hazards of guns (to their owners). But seeing as what happened to her while she was looking down into her bra, I suggest the sly 'cleavage perv' could be more dangerous than you realise ;)

"AN elected Republican official in the US Midwest fatally shot herself in an eye while trying to adjust her bra holster, investigators have found.

Christina Bond, 55, had died at her home at Lake Michigan on January 1 from what Michigan Department of Public Safety and Berrien County Sheriff’s Department in St Joseph believed was from a self-inflicted gunshot wound to an eye.

St Joseph Public Safety Department is awaiting a full autopsy report in the death of Bond, but director Mark Clapp yesterday released details about the circumstances surrounding the shooting to the Kalamazoo Gazette.

“She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn’t get it to fit the way she wanted it to. She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon,” said Clapp."

http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2015/02/19/1227225/009965-e81ddc46-b7b6-11e4-89a7-658c9eaa89c0.jpg

Republican Christina Bond fatally shot herself adjusting bra holster | Gold Coast Bulletin (http://www.goldcoastbulletin.com.au/news/world/us-republican-official-christina-bond-fatally-shot-herself-as-she-adjusted-her-bra-holster/story-fnj94lfw-1227225011190)

But at least I can't be accused of being sexist, because this guy really did go off half-cocked:
"A Phoenix man accidentally blew his dick off in a supermarket parking lot, after he tucked his girlfriend's "pink pistol in the waistband of his pants." According to a stone-faced police officer on the scene in this ABC15 report, the gun then accidentally discharged, sending a bullet directly through his penis and through his left leg."
_w2IiacbVGA

TWT
19th Feb 2015, 06:46
Neither of them will do it again !

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Feb 2015, 06:54
Surely there can't be more examples of 'stoopid with a gun' out there...........well maybe

3 children dead this week in handgun accidents - UPI.com (http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2015/01/22/3-deaths-in-the-US-this-week-from-children-getting-at-guns/8421421957718/)

rh200
19th Feb 2015, 09:19
Darwinism at work, cleaning out the gene pool.

Sallyann1234
19th Feb 2015, 09:33
cleaning out the gene pool

Well that guy's genes were certainly cleaned out :}

ExXB
19th Feb 2015, 09:54
Darwinism at work, cleaning out the gene pool.

In an article last year in the Journal of Pediatrics, doctors at the Yale and Boston University medical schools said that firearms are the second-ranking cause of death for children and teenagers in the United States. They determined that in 2009 an average of 20 children and teens a day were hospitalized because of gun injuries.

It's one thing to take yourself out of the gene pool, but these are children. Some of which could have been the next Einstein. We will never know what we have lost.

Fliegenmong
19th Feb 2015, 10:41
Taking children out of the gene pool is an unintentional by-product / Consequence Ex. .... Doncha know!?!?

... Haven't been to mainland US for a few years now....but will never forget my last night there and Mrs Fliegs and I & Jnr Fliegs all went to a 'Carls Jnr' burger shop on 'Sepulveda' at LAX....(not a first choice, but not much else araound that part of LAX) ... and on the news was an article about a guy armed with a (Gun of some sort, I cannot recall which sort) .....but.....

....he was being sought because he was randomly pulling up in front of houses where children were playing in their front yards...and laying them (the children) to waste, in a hail of bullets ..... We all flew out that night, and maybe they found him, maybe they didn't, we'll never know..

...but back here in Oz, I know for a fact we do not have to worry about incidents such as that.....the weirdos simply cannot access firearms as easily as they can in (insert country of choice)

603DX
19th Feb 2015, 11:17
One can't help wondering what these careless handgun wearers think the safety catch is for. :confused:

GrumpyOldFart
19th Feb 2015, 11:22
Re post #1:

Bond. Dumb Bond.

ShyTorque
19th Feb 2015, 11:40
Well that guy's genes were certainly cleaned out :}

Brilliant! :D

Mr Chips
19th Feb 2015, 11:46
.but back here in Oz, I know for a fact we do not have to worry about incidents such as that.....the weirdos simply cannot access firearms as easily as they can in (insert country of choice)

You sure about that? Wasn't there a well publicised event recently....

david1300
19th Feb 2015, 12:03
One can't help wondering what these careless handgun wearers think the safety catch is for. :confused:

Just what we don't need - safety catches on bra's. It's bad enough that they have all but eliminated the bounce ;):p

tony draper
19th Feb 2015, 13:54
What kind of bloody trigger pulls do these pieces have these days? four year old bairns able to fire em, discharging in Bras?, I fired a new service colt once when I were a youngin, I didn't have the finger strength to pull it double action,had to haul back the hammer wi me thumb and shoot it single.
:uhoh:

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Feb 2015, 13:58
You sure about that? Wasn't there a well publicised event recently....

Well highlighted distinction there Mr Chips which you should be applauded for, as in one that you can mention in Oz as opposed to the many being mentioned as almost daily occurrences 'elsewhere' :ok:

Loose rivets
19th Feb 2015, 14:20
Many Glocks, if not all, don't have a safety catch. The trigger pull is long and tedious and considered safe in its own right. I could never feel quite the moment it was going to fire for slow target work. Oddly, rapid was reasonably easy to contain any swing.

Safety catches? In many cases the 'good old boys' wouldn't dream of setting it if there were one. They do however, put a small strap - which is part of the holster - under the cocked hammer. Here, I'm talking about places where the wearer likes to make a statement - like gun shops.

G-CPTN
19th Feb 2015, 17:21
From the above.
in 2009 an average of 20 children and teens a day were hospitalized because of gun injuries

con-pilot
19th Feb 2015, 17:56
Interesting, here is the same story in 'The Blaze' and not a single thing about the deceased being a Republican.

This was posted in the Darwin thread by TWT.

Woman Fatally Shoots Herself While Adjusting Bra Holster: Police | TheBlaze.com (http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/02/18/woman-fatally-shoots-herself-while-adjusting-bra-holster-police/)

I have no other comment, other than, interesting.

Do carry on now.

Mr Chips
19th Feb 2015, 19:30
Oh God, here we go again, you lot just can't help yourselves, you seem to get into a frenzy about slagging off a country YOU DON'T LIVE IN

Lets look at the post I commented on.,

An Australian said:

but back here in Oz, I know for a fact we do not have to worry about incidents such as that.
He knows for a fact that that Australians don't have to worry about such incidents.

An Australian claims they don't have to worry about such incidents. Australia. Where they had an armed siege in which people died.

But only one incident, so its apparently ok, even though the original comment was blatantly wrong.

I give up, I really do.

Seldomfitforpurpose
19th Feb 2015, 19:53
I give up, I really do.

Promise :p:p:p

bcgallacher
19th Feb 2015, 22:20
Best idea he has had for a while,we can but hope!

ExXB
20th Feb 2015, 09:19
OK, we now know why it is 'unfashionable' to employ a safety, if one exists. Can someone explain why it's appropriate to have 'one in the chamber'? Even with a revolver one could leave the first chamber empty.

It would seem to me to be a very prudent strategy to avoid blowing out your brains, or shooting your willy off.

tony draper
20th Feb 2015, 09:25
With some a single shot would accomplish both Mr ExXB
:rolleyes:

MagnusP
20th Feb 2015, 10:03
If Slasher was still here, I'm sure he could offer advice on how to affix a willy with superglue.

Pinky the pilot
20th Feb 2015, 10:34
Can someone explain why it's appropriate to have 'one in the chamber'? Even with a revolver one could leave the first chamber empty.

Whether or not it is appropriate to have one up the spout with safety off (or no safety in the case of Glocks) I leave to others.

However, as the owner of a Beretta 92FS I do know one thing; That if I had it in any type of holster and the holster needed adjusting the first thing I would do is remove the pistol. And I never put my finger through the trigger guard when handling the pistol.:=

The only reason that Woman's gun discharged is because the trigger was pulled. Unless a part of her bra snagged the trigger, something which I consider so unlikely as to be impossible, I would suggest that she placed a finger through the trigger guard!:ugh:

What it all boils down to is common sense. Which unfortunately in this and many other cases was sadly lacking.

Rant by Pinky the pilot; Qualified Pistol Club range Officer; Sporting Shooters Association of Australia.

North Shore
20th Feb 2015, 11:18
Conceivable that Ms.Bond topped herself, and it's just being reported as an accident? I have a hard time seeing how you'd bend a bra holster to get the muzzle pointing at your eye...

Hydromet
20th Feb 2015, 11:32
I have a hard time seeing how you'd bend a bra holster to get the muzzle pointing at your eye...
...someone else's eye, perhaps, yes.

teeteringhead
20th Feb 2015, 11:43
What it all boils down to is common sense. Which unfortunately in this and many other cases was sadly lacking.

But as one's late Father-in-Law often used to say:

"The trouble with common sense is that it's not very common!" :ok:

Capot
20th Feb 2015, 14:22
I completely misunderstood the phrase "his girlfriend's pink pistol", because I thought that "pink pistol" was a euphemism for what the guy managed to shoot off, so I took some moments to get the story straight.

Now I can't stop laughing; is that very wrong of me?

rgbrock1
20th Feb 2015, 14:26
Forrest Gump was right: "stupid is as stupid does."