PDA

View Full Version : "You could be next”

Bluewater777
19th Feb 2015, 05:10
Most of you would probably agree that to speak out against anyone in a position of power, in this part of the world (DUBAI) at least, seems a pointless exercise. We accept that part of having “a good job” involves giving our silent consent to those who would commit injustices against us. We become complicit in our own misery because we are too afraid of what might happen if we voice our concerns. But any time we witness an injustice and don’t act, we train our character to become passive in the presence of injustice and eventually lose all ability to defend ourselves and the ones we love.

Please sign our petition (link below). Anonymously if you prefer.

https://www.change.org/p/hh-shk-mohammed-vice-president-prime-minister-of-the-uae-ruler-of-dubai-it-is-now-time-hh-sheikh-mohammed-bin-rashid-al-maktoum-uae-vice-president-prime-minister-and-ruler-of-dubai-intervened-to-ensure-justice-is-served-in-the-property-concepts-vs-lo

“Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope….and crossing each other from a million different centres of energy and daring, those ripples build a current that can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” – Robert Kennedy

“People beware of injustice, for injustice shall be darkness on the Day of Judgment”. – Muhammad

too_much
19th Feb 2015, 06:41
Sounds like a lost cause, if something was going to be done about this it would have been done by now.

It's only money, money doesn't make you happy....

Learn from the experience and perhaps don't do buisness in such a place in future.

harry the cod
19th Feb 2015, 08:08
I think that's just the point. Whether justice is eventually served remains to be seen but highlighting this 5 year battle to the more trusting or unweary is no bad thing. Some legal battles have gone on far longer than this so there's certainly no harm in pursuing until the last. The more that sign up the better in my opinion.

I have also been flying with a few cabin crew recently who are all investing in some local ponzi scheme offering 9-11% return per month. Yes, stupid I know but these guys are falling for it hook line and sinker. This scam is paying out currently, misguiding those gullible and naive young crew to reinvest and drag their friends in too. The implosion will be spectacular, not if, but when it happens.

Harry

Nikita81
19th Feb 2015, 21:45
@bluewater

No doubt - what happened to you is (a relative) injustice and I support your efforts to achieve your goal. I sincerely do. People should sign your petition.

Nevertheless, you have opened several threads with the same message on this forum - "you could be next" so I really want to ask - how do you know that? Not all of us have a desire to invest in Dubai where abuse of workers (especially construction workers) is well known and almost unstoppable. As someone already said: other people are abused so that investors can get their investment back. It's injustice as well.

You have invested money and when you didn't get your investment back you have decided to involve ideals in it.

It is very true what Kennedy said but not when money is involved. Ideals have nothing to do with the profit and your message is a kind of emotional manipulation.

Just leave it as it is - you were scammed and you want what belongs to you by the law.

Bluewater777
19th Feb 2015, 23:54
Nikita81

Thank you for your support and encouragement for others to sign our petition.

"You could be next" so I really want to ask - how do you know that? I know because I lived in Dubai for 12 years. I know what happened to us and others and continues to do so. Nothing in Dubai has changed. Nothing will change until we stand up to make it happen. Dubai’s skill is convincing the world via shrewd marketing and media control that they practice rule of law & justice when in fact they only do so when it suits them. Thats my point. You cant just practice what you preach when it suits you.

Kennedy said: Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice. In fact we are fighting for all these - ideals, improving conditions for others and injustice. If our case is not injustice in action then I really don't know what is. I am sure if he were alive to day he would be a supporter.

Not all of us have a desire to invest in Dubai where abuse of workers (especially construction workers) is well known and almost unstoppable. As someone already said: other people are abused so that investors can get their investment back. Its injustice as well. OK but this is for those that are thinking of investing in Dubai, UAE. I support your comment but unfortunately that is their fight. Their choice. It is my opinion the construction workers that have built Dubai are the heroes. They are the only ones that I know of that had the XXX to actively protest their conditions (marching on Shk Zayed Road, etc).

Just leave it as it is - you were scammed and you want what belongs to you by the law. I can appreciate what you are saying but if we all accepted things as they are or left it as it is we simply become one of them! This is not who I am. I am simply asking people to support us and stand up for what is right.

You must appreciate this gentleman's company stole the life savings of 87 families (ref: DIFC ARB001/2010), absconded from Dubai to live in Egypt, was sued successfully via an international sanctioned jurisdiction (DIFC & Dubai Courts) and returned 4 years later to live next door to the people he fleeced and the Dubai police, CID, DIFC & Dubai courts, rulers office, lawyers i.e. the UAE and Dubai justice system simply wont act as they broadcast internationally.

Frankly, Dubai and its airline should be boycotted by all decent people. If you wish to live by a 3rd world justice system then that’s fine but don't promulgate to the world that you practice rule of law when you don’t! DIFC ARB001/2010 is one case that is proof of that.

Nigel

Bluewater777
20th Feb 2015, 06:13
Wow thats quite an attitude you have/had there Droop the Pilot.

I see you deleted your post...why? Regardless as I saw it I will respond. I have a copy if you don't. Maybe I can organise an interview for you when we come to Dubai. Please post your actual name and contact details and I will be in touch. Yeah right!

You remind me of someone who is argumentative or just plain cantankerous. I note you post .07 posts per day on PPRUNE. I think that says enough about your habits and personality.

I suggest you don't jump to conclusions regard my personality and lifestyle.

My maid, Lucy Fernandes was 60+ when she retired, her children were all grown up and was much more like my mother than a maid. Ask any neighbour that knew her/us? Lucy lived in a bedroom in my home with my family. Fact is I used my last first class ticket to fly her out from India to NZ to stay with us (I needed some washing done) and travel New Zealand staying with friends and family for a month. Lucy remains a friend to this day and is very appreciative of her time with us.

I always washed my own car and never withheld anyones passport.

I never visited Trader Vic’s. I don't drink alcohol. I don't smoke. I have no need to visit bars.

I pursued what I considered to be educated property investments. I conduct extensive due diligence on all my investments. Dubai or other. In the UAE that included an extremely experienced legal team within the DIFC making recommendations based on information we provided. It is fortunate we had the foresight to utilise the DIFC-LCIA in our contracts/MoU as without our current award we would be still chasing our tail in the Dubai Court of first Instance. We are just chasing it now attempting to get Shk. Mohammed and the Dubai police/CID to do their job.

I agree with you. I always felt concerned for the construction workers in the UAE. The fact we invested there may mean we indirectly leveraged on that.

For the record many of the 82 families you disrespect with your comments (actually 87) you refer to are 'brown people'. However - white, black, brown, red or green - its makes no difference. Justice is Justice and justice delayed is justice denied no matter what your colour. The fact you feel it’s ok for a UAE national to steal the life savings of 87 families - run away from Dubai - bury his head in the sand for 4 years - return to live next door to the people he fleeced - and his local police, CID conveniently ignore his arrest warrant - makes you a disgraceful, unworthy individual.

If you have genuinely read our 5 year struggle for justice on change.org (which is the tip of the iceberg) and respond with your silly immature post I truly feel for your longevity.

Nigel

too_much
20th Feb 2015, 06:23
Did you see the film tower heist with Ben Stiller?

Is this a similar story to that film? I just wondered if there is some less than legal way to get even with your guy....

Nikita81
20th Feb 2015, 11:16
I support your comment but unfortunately that is their fight. Their
choice.

By your logic, Bluewater, this petition is your fight and your choice so why should anyone bother to sign your petition and fight your fight? You have finished with your support to the workers by saying that they are the heroes. Keneddy would ask you - and how does that help them?

Fight for ideals would mean that you would actually make a petition to expand third world's workers' choices and help them live better. You are pulling the ideals card when it suits you and when it doesn't you just tell - it's their fight and their choice. I don't like that.

Regarding having a maid, giving her a first class ticket and washing the car by yourself - in Serbia we would ask you: do you expect a medal for that? :}

I also don't appreciate when you insult people who don't agree with you.

:)

harry the cod
20th Feb 2015, 12:44
Nikita81

Whilst I do empathise with your fight against EK, I do wonder at times why you feel the need to fight every battle. This isn't yours to fight, it's for those who have already invested or are thinking of putting possible life savings into Dubai PLC.

As you so often keep telling us, you were 'duped' into a different job than advertised. PC investors have also been caught in a scheme which is not as advertised. We could go round and round in cirlces arguing the moral high ground about workers rights and living conditions and how unfair Dubai is but ultimately the issues are the same. People trusted what was promised and have been lied to. You're warning people of your personal experience, so is Bluewater777

If you just slowed down and took a deep breath for a minute, you might just realise you're fighting on the same side! :ugh:

Harry

Nikita81
20th Feb 2015, 13:51
And I am not fighting this battle, I am just commenting it and only after a couple of threads are open here on the same subject.

I've also supported your fight, I just didn't like the fact that you are playing on the ideals card when it is obviously not the case for many reasons.

We are not fighting on the same side. I never had a maid, I never owned a car or money to invest in Dubai properties, so you can consider me more as a fighter on a third side of this game - workers' one.

For me this is the same as you have invested in EK and they screwed you. So, you were not bothered with workers' rights before you invested and you used ideals rhetoric only after you were cheated while for me it's all the same because I am just abused for everyone's profit, including yours.

And from that perspective I am telling you that you are not fighting for ideals. If you were fighting for them you would have considered workers' position and whose backs you are making money on before you have invested.

Now you are just fighting against local injustice. This is what i have to say in explanation on why I've decided to comment here.

No hard feelings. :) Good luck in your fight and may that bas*ard pay for what he did.

skyvan
20th Feb 2015, 14:41
I wonder how Shk Mo would respond if this was aired by everyone's favorite reporter, Richard Quest?

Maybe he could use this as an attempt to regain what many consider his lost journalistic integrity.

MR8
21st Feb 2015, 04:48
We are not fighting on the same side. I never had a maid, I never owned a car or money to invest in Dubai properties, so you can consider me more as a fighter on a third side of this game - workers' one.

My poor Nikita, you just lost quite a bit of the respect I had for you by writing that line. It just shows how little insight you have in the way things work. Pot - kettle - black comes to mind here..

Bluewater used to be an Emirates captain, who through hard work was able to provide his family with a car, a maid and maybe countless other things that you will never be able to afford. But above all, he was also just a worker, hired to do a job and being paid for it.
Anticipating your obvious reply: where would you draw a line between being a worker and not? Groundstaff are workers but pilots are not? Or maybe First officers are but not captains? What about the numerous purser that have been here a long time and provide for their families? Or maybe it's about what you have? I have a car - I'm not a worker anymore?
Oh yeah, and can you please remove all the pilots and cabin crew stories from your website then, because we apparently are not part of your battle?

An when it comes to ideals: ideals get born out of personal mishaps. How can you claim you fight for ideals but Bluewater doesn't? I have been following you from your first public appearances, and you stood up because YOU were not treated the way you wanted to. YOU then didn't get your end of service benefits and then YOU decided to go public with YOUR story on which you got lots of replies and support. Later, after lots of similar feedback from colleagues, YOUR problem became OUR problem and you could claim now that indeed you fight about ideals now, but never forget why you started the fight, because of your personal experiences. Bluewater is doing the same thing here, sharing his personal experience with loads of other people to start a platform on which not only his problem might be solved, but other's peoples problem as well, so he is fighting for ideals as much as you are.

What you are doing now is putting your ideal above his ideal, claiming that you are on third side, while you are fighting the same enemy for exactly the same root cause: not honouring made agreements by the local authorities.

Kamelchaser
21st Feb 2015, 07:44
Nikita81,

I have to ask...do you own an iPhone, or any apple product for that matter? Apple is the world's richest company, and makes much of its profit on the back of shockingly poor working conditions in factories in Asia.

Buying their products, or the products of pretty much every major phone manufacturer in the world, is no different to someone investing in property in Dubai according to your argument.

Nikita81
21st Feb 2015, 08:38
My poor Nikita, you just lost quite a bit of the respect I had for you by writing that line

I expect that many would think like you do. Nevertheless, I was never a kiss ass, so I am always prepared to have some people change their opinion on me.:)

Anticipating your obvious reply: where would you draw a line between being a worker and not?

Obviously, I was talking about regular lower grade staff (and construction workers). It is just a coincidence that pilots are treated like **** in EK as well. Surely you would not put yourself in a same basket with Asians whose passports are taken away and who live in a 3 square metres with 5 other persons, without a toilet? And you are proud on yourselves for washing your cars on your own? (sorry, Serbian mentality again :} ).

But let me tell you something: I got a lot of support emails from pilots but not even one bad experience of theirs to be published. I don't know why is that and I don't think about the possible reasons and I don't expect them to send it to me, but if I am to draw a conclusion from that: ground staff and cabin crew are obviously more endangered and poor.

and you stood up because YOU were not treated the way you wanted to. YOU then didn't get your end of service benefits and then YOU decided to go public with YOUR story on which you got lots of replies and support

I have never mentioned my ideals or that I am fighting for ideals, because I wouldn't be so arrogant to ever say so (in public).

Nevertheless, I started my fight long before I went to public and I was fired for underlying bad working conditions on the open forum. So, it was my personal experience (as everything is) but based on injustice done to me AND my friends and colleagues. I could never calmly stand and watch an injustice happens to someone else.

I started the blog with my case because I could prove it with facts, emails and records. But it was done on purpose. I wanted to draw the public attention for everyone, not just for me. There are much worse cases in EK than mine, but I had proves for mine. Read the Open letter again. It says "we", not "me" and it was sent to the chairman first, just for his eyes.

I insist on my EOSB because this is what I can prove in any court of law. My official reason for fight. If you ask me unofficially - I have decided to raise my voice against bastards. That's it.

I have to ask...do you own an iPhone

No.

while you are fighting the same enemy for exactly the same root cause: not honouring made agreements by the local authorities.

We are fighting the same enemy I agree, but not on the same side. You wanted to use the system in a same way locals use it and you got screwed because locals are on the top of the food chain. But did you ever think about who is on the bottom of that chain? You have decided to invest in the system whose victims you are?

What happened to you was the risk of your investment. You knew that system is rotten and you knew that justice is not working where you have invested.

You have gambled and lost because your opponent cheated. And you do have the right to be angry but you are not fighting for ideals.

Your fight can draw attention to problems that expatriates encounter in UAE, but that doesn't give you the right to call it "ideals". No (big) money can ever be involved where ideals take place because your only goal when you are an idealist is good for everyone, not just for one group of people. I am not even sure that I am one (idealist). I often find myself bull****ting about my ideals, but only lying to myself.

But at least I find it important to make a difference between ideals and personal interest and abuse of ideals.

I will repeat: I understand you, it is difficult to lose everything you have and to start again from the zero (it's just that I am used to always starting from the zero by living in Serbia). I support your fight and I wish you justice.

MR8
21st Feb 2015, 14:31
Obviously, I was talking about regular lower grade staff (and construction workers). It is just a coincidence that pilots are treated like **** in EK as well. Surely you would not put yourself in a same basket with Asians whose passports are taken away and who live in a 3 square metres with 5 other persons, without a toilet? And you are proud on yourselves for washing your cars on your own? (sorry, Serbian mentality again ).

Well, I don't think it's that obvious. Again, where do you draw the line? A 22 year old grade 2 who gets paid every month around 8000 DHS but complains because she has to work for it is not an asian worker who shares his bedroom with 5 others to send his money home every month for his family to survive. Who are you to decide who is a worker and who isn't?

But let me tell you something: I got a lot of support emails from pilots but not even one bad experience of theirs to be published. I don't know why is that and I don't think about the possible reasons and I don't expect them to send it to me, but if I am to draw a conclusion from that: ground staff and cabin crew are obviously more endangered and poor.

Ever thought about that pilots in general don't have any other options than flying planes. Did you ever think about what it takes to become a pilot? How many sacrifices most people have to make before even being able to work for an airline? You are obviously very much out of touch with reality and have no idea what is happening in the world outside of your own little sphere or maybe Serbia.

Also, most pilots at Emirates are quite a bit more mature then your average ground staff or cabin crew, so they know how the system works. They have absolutely no need to go and cry to the public on how badly they are treated.

Nevertheless, I started my fight long before I went to public and I was fired for underlying bad working conditions on the open forum. So, it was my personal experience (as everything is) but based on injustice done to me AND my friends and colleagues. I could never calmly stand and watch an injustice happens to someone else.

I started the blog with my case because I could prove it with facts, emails and records. But it was done on purpose. I wanted to draw the public attention for everyone, not just for me. There are much worse cases in EK than mine, but I had proves for mine. Read the Open letter again. It says "we", not "me" and it was sent to the chairman first, just for his eyes.

I insist on my EOSB because this is what I can prove in any court of law.

Bluewater started his fight 5 years ago, never went public until now. He is fighting for an injustice done to him AND 86 other families (do you have 86 official testimonies that are not anonymous??). Bluewater started the petition because they have won a court case years ago and nothing happens. He don't even need to prove it with facts, it's all out and available in the public records for anyone to read through the court case that was won. He wants to draw public attention to how a won court case is handled for everybody who even thinks about investing in Dubai. His petition is for 87 families, not for him personal, although he si the one who took the initiative. Again, do you have 86 others who gave you factual prove of mistreatment or are most of your stories based on anonymous testimonies and hearsay?

One last thing: your battle is more about revenge then it is about idealism. You try to bring down the people that did you wrong by naming and shaming them, nothing idealistic about that and very personal. But then again, it's probably some kind of Serbian idealism that I'm not aware of.

Nikita81
21st Feb 2015, 15:49
And you somehow managed to avoid all of the hot subjects from my post. :}

And you continue to slip into snobbery and elitism which is EXACTLY the reason why I have difficulties with your "idealism".

They have absolutely no need to go and cry to the public on how badly they are treated.

You mean - except on PPRuNE? And in your petition? :}

He is fighting for an injustice done to him AND 86 other families (do you have 86 official testimonies that are not anonymous??

Is this a competition? :)

One last thing: your battle is more about revenge then it is about idealism. You try to bring down the people that did you wrong by naming and shaming them, nothing idealistic about that and very personal. But then again, it's probably some kind of Serbian idealism that I'm not aware of.

Now you are aware of "Serbian idealism" and we can say that it enabled and encouraged many people to share their experience in public. Serbian way is obviously working. :} I never said it was a true idealism.

This is the simple truth: you tried to utilize the system although you knew it was bad and when it didn't give you what you have expected you turned against it. And this happened only because you lost money (personal interest) and not because system was bad and exploitative per se at the first place (which is what idealism is).

I have nothing against your fight (I would gladly see greedy bastards in the jail), but I have a strong reaction on your claims that you defend the world and other unsuspecting expatriate investors.

Sorry, Serbia was never a colonialist or invasive country, so I don't quite understand how should I empathize with you more that poor Bangladeshi dying to build the property you invested in.

BYMONEK
21st Feb 2015, 16:15
Gents, I'd give up if I were you. Nikita81 is a woman. Women always have the last word and are always right! Just go back to drinking your cognac and smoking the cigars while the maid dusts all the sand of your car. That's what I'm doing! ;)

Nikita81
21st Feb 2015, 17:17
Just go back to drinking your cognac and smoking the cigars while the maid dusts all the sand of your car

They would, but they can't afford it anymore. :}

Eau de Boeing
22nd Feb 2015, 01:25
Speak for yourself..... My maid loves Louis 13th

T O G A Boy
22nd Feb 2015, 08:43
My God, this is escalating into a serious personal issue. :ugh:

Eau De Boeing, I can't stop giggling on your comment :):ok:

170to5
22nd Feb 2015, 10:36
My guess is that Dragana's 'line' is probably drawn directly between her and anybody who she sees as being 'above' her on the ladder...

Nikita81
22nd Feb 2015, 11:52
Sure.

Let's exploit all the people who "are not smart enough to take care of themselves", earn profit on their expense and call it an idealism.

I guess it's safer to invest your money in this company:

Apartheid for Diamonds: How the Jewelery Trade Enslaved Millions of Africans - AnonHQ AnonHQ (http://anonhq.com/apartheid-for-diamonds-how-the-jewelery-trade-enslaved-millions-of-africans/)

Edit: I don't know a single worker who is prepared to invest money in the system which abuses him. Line is drawn there.

Nikita81
22nd Feb 2015, 14:09
Investments go beyond money.

The difference is: if you got your profit we would never hear about injustices, ideals and how rotten the UAE justice system is.

Praise Jebus
22nd Feb 2015, 15:25
If everyone turns a blind eye, we all 'become complicit in our own misery'

except if they made a good profit we would not be complicit in that.....

harry the cod
22nd Feb 2015, 17:19
Nikita81

Absolutely correct. And that's just the point. They didn't get their profits despite an investment scheme that was secured under the rule of law. A law that is unjust and rotten. Hence the petition to make others aware.

Although, no doubt, you'll want to argue that point too..............:ugh:

Harry

Nikita81
22nd Feb 2015, 18:10
Also, most pilots at Emirates are quite a bit more mature then your average ground staff or cabin crew, so they know how the system works. They have absolutely no need to go and cry to the public on how badly they are treated.

No, I don't want to argue, but maybe just ask you - if pilots knew how system works, why they have invested in it?

They could warn others about how it "works" without making the investment. Then they could call it an idealism.

You seem to be quite contradictory here.

flyonthewall
22nd Feb 2015, 19:50
Nikita I'm guessing that you got screwed over somehow, somewhere along the line, hence your bitterness. Maybe if you'd sought assistance from your peers via this forum you might have experienced a better outcome.

But you didn't, or if you did maybe you went about it the wrong way. Regardless, don't sign the petition, you obviously don't want to offer any support.

But please go and start a new thread to vent your spleen instead of trying to hijack this one.

Davi_d
22nd Feb 2015, 20:57
Nikita

Why do you always seem to have the urge of wanting to slag Emirates off at every opportunity no matter what the topic is?

You say you were treated poorly by Emirates. Fair enough. You say you weren't paid your EOSB. Fair enough. Life is not fair.

Perhaps before your departure to Dubai, less signing the dotted line on the contract, a bit of research on the country, Emirates and the GCC in general would have been in order. Far too many people make a rapid decision of moving abroad without having made the proper research before departure; yet, then they complain and moan when things don't turn out the way they had anticipated.

I worked over 15 years for Emirates. Although, unlike yourself, I left on good terms. And, before you begin accusing me of having been part of management which appears to be your mantra whenever someone disagrees with you, I was not.

Clearly Emirates weren't for you. Working in the Middle East isn't everyone's cup of tea. Here's an advice from an ex-employee to another, GET OVER IT.

Nikita81
22nd Feb 2015, 21:14
@flyonthewall

This is becoming boring. :(

That is a childish conclusion.

Do you really think that anyone who doesn't agree with some of the things you claim, is bitter, frustrated, angry, crazy or stupid?

You should be learning from your experience, not accusing everyone around you for your wrong choice and your wrong decision. Accept your part of the responsibility and fight your fights. Odds for winning the war are better when you are aware of your weaknesses and mistakes.

Personally, I like people who criticize me if they have no other motive to do that than to tell their side of the story. I don't like kiss-asses even if it is my ass they are kissing.

Nikita81
22nd Feb 2015, 21:29
@Davi_d

It's very indicative how ALL of you managed to AVOID the real subject here. I don't know whether you are lying to yourselves or you really think that you are better than others (namely - third world's workers).

You have invested in something that is bad per se. I knew about abuse of the third world's workers even before I came to Dubai. There are documentaries about it all over the Internet. We all know how those science fiction buildings are built.

I didn't sign the contract for a constructive worker but for a check in agent and I come from Europe, so I knew that EK wouldn't dare to take away my passport and imprison me in the company. So I was prepared for bull**** although I didn't know how bad it really is. When I had enough of it I raised my voice and I left. But I had my passport and I could leave any time I wanted. That was enough for me. I know how to take care of myself as long as I can move freely. Those workers don't have that chance. And we ALL KNOW IT.

I didn't invest my money in EK, I didn't look for a way to benefit from the system I didn't like and, certainly, I didn't want to contribute and help the system which me and my colleagues and friends are victims of.

You, on the other hand, should think whether you should be this aggressive in your campaign because you were, actually, treated in the same way in which "employers" are treating those workers: your rights are brutally taken away.

At least you have some chances to get your money back. Nobody is giving a flying crap about those workers, including you. So did you ever ask yourselves why should anyone give a flying crap about you? Because you are fighting for ideals? Because you are white and privileged Europeans, Australians and Americans (+some of the "brown" people, as you called them)? What a pile of emotional manipulation bs is that.

BYMONEK
22nd Feb 2015, 23:27
Nikita81. Tell me, was I married to you once?

Nightmares aside, may I just quote you from above; "I knew about abuse of the third World's workers even before I came to Dubai" and "We all know how those science fiction buildings are built".

So, despite knowing how these poor third world individuals are treated here in Dubai, you still decided to leave Serbia to earn a living from Emirates. An airline which is owned by the same government that implements such 'brutal' policies. You were quite prepared to put those morals aside for your own financial gain I guess. And when you did arrive here, where did you live? A tent? Sleep on the beach? Or was it in one of those fancy science fiction buildings?

Next time you try to take the moral high ground with statements such as "I didn't look for a way to benefit from the system I didn't like", don't be too surprised if you get one or two who disagree. It's called hypocrisy!

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 01:59
Nikita81. Tell me, was I married to you once?

Luckily, no. I doubt I would even be interested in you after first couple of sentences we exchange in the bar.

Nice try, but unfortunately for you I didn't live in one of those sf buildings.

I don't have the intention to change the world, **** is everywhere. But I also don't have the intention to make others sign a petition for my attempts to use the system for my personal gain and cry that I am fighting for ideals when I actually want my badly invested money back.

Next time you try to take the moral high ground - do your homework first. You will be surprised to know that Emirates ground staff live in the conditions more similar to those of construction workers than living conditions of any other title or grade in EK.

These facts make me less of a hypocrite than all of you together.

Good bless PPRuNE. Insomnia would be much harder to survive without you guys. :}

MR8
23rd Feb 2015, 03:37
Last thing I'm going to write about this, because it's no using debating when the other party just doesn't want to listen.

Nikita, I'm from poor upbringings myself. You have no idea what it takes to become a pilot for the less fortunate, how many sacrifices and financial risks one has to take, yet you keep branding us as spoiled elitist bourgeoisies.

You blame us for avoiding topics, but you avoided an important question yourself about your day to day things you use. You obviously have a computer, in which conditions were these components made? How many children did it take to assemble it? A person with your moral standards obviously has her own sheep to make wool and clothes and doesn't buy any of the cheap confection out there that's made through child labour in Indonesia or by the children of those same Bangladeshi workers you claim to protect.

Unfortunately we live in a global world where big companies exploit the inequaties to make money. There is absolutely nothing I can do about that. What I can do however is make sure that I earn enough money to employ a maid in very good conditions, tip the workers that come and do jobs that have already been paid for a decent amount of cash and above all treat everybody who I meet, blue collar or white collar, above or below my pay grade, with a lot of respect. In return I get genuine smiles.

I do want to thank you though for feeling so bitter and attacked when what I merely wanted to do is have a debate, one where people actually listen and think before they release the hounds in their reply. Your reply rate keeps this topic hot on pprune, and the more people read about this, the more people might actually sign Bluewaters petition. That way, those guys actually get the support they deserve. A genuine thank you for that.

Schnowzer
23rd Feb 2015, 04:29
I've been enjoying you gents replying to Nikita. I put her on ignore a month or so ago. Imagine what it must feel like for her not getting the last word! All I get is "This user is on your Ignore List".

If you shout louder you don't get listened to, you just become background noise!

Dropp the Pilot
23rd Feb 2015, 05:33
Top tips for a quiet life away from Bedlam (in the pristine sense).

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 06:15
@Dropp and @Sch

Grow up. It's time.

@MR8

You are the one not listening, but I will repeat one more time and then I am over and out: don't call your fight a fight for ideals. It's a fight for a local and relative justice.

You are not the only one who made sacrifices and they were your choices (I am not even sure why are you always mentioning that fact?).

You did know that local answer to exploitation is "at least we give them work"? It sounds similar to yours (I can employ maid and pay her fairly). But maids are not protected by any law in UAE. Some of them have luck, but most of them don't. You are maybe nice to your maid, but by employing her in lawless UAE you still contribute to sexual and any other abuse of maids in UAE (there is a documentary about that as well). Where do you think your maid is going to end up if you leave UAE?

I have no problems on more people signing your petition. On the contrary. Nevertheless, what makes me really amused is your constant insisting on my frustration, and I have never insulted you in our debate while you keep calling me a bitter person. :) It speaks a lot about your set of mind.

Finally, I never told that I have a morale. I never claimed it and I never called people to sign a petition for my personal gain only and called it "an ideal". This is the difference between you and me.

Edit:

There is one more difference though: when I saw how much exactly everything is a bull****, I've decided to write about it. When you saw it, you decided to invest in it??

RoyalEnfield
23rd Feb 2015, 06:31
For F***S sake people....stop replying to Nikita. She is quite obviously impervious to viewpoints other than her own. Jesus freaking Christ, this is getting ridiculous. :ugh:

Btw, how do I block a person?

what_goes_up
23rd Feb 2015, 06:59
Btw, how do I block a person?
User CP -> Edit Ignore List (http://www.pprune.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

It's a relieve! :)

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 07:53
Aaw,how many cry babies eager to be treated well by their managers and to have maids and profit at the expense of others at the same time. I guess you are better than others and you deserve to be rich.

There is one catch though: karma is a bitch.

Just shut up and fight your fight without involving high rhetoric in it.

flyonthewall
23rd Feb 2015, 08:06
Nikita,

"Do you really think that anyone who doesn't agree with some of the things you claim, is bitter, frustrated, angry, crazy or stupid?"

Well actually no, but since you volunteered to identify yourself as such....

I never asked you to agree. I actually asked you to go away.

"You should be learning from your experience, not accusing everyone around you for your wrong choice and your wrong decision."

Actually I haven't accused anyone. Comprehension is not your strong point.

"Personally, I like people who criticize me if they have no other motive to do that than to tell their side of the story."

I didn't criticise you, I just asked you to go away. Much like many of the other posters here. Again, comprehension is not your strong point.

"I don't like kiss-asses even if it is my ass they are kissing."

My lips aren't that big.

With that sort of criticism, you must love me.

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 08:53
I actually asked you to go away

You are right.

Maybe I should go and write about your hypocrisy on my blog. And maybe someone from my 700.000 readers signs your petition. :)

RoyalEnfield
23rd Feb 2015, 09:22
WhatGoesUp

User CP -> Edit Ignore List (http://www.pprune.org/profile.php?do=ignorelist)

It's a relieve! :)

Phew, yes it is! Thanks :)

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 12:32
700,000 hits doesn't mean 700,000 readers love.

Well, do you want me to go away or did you fall in love with me? :)

Counter on the Wordpress doesn't count well. Number of hits is around 900.000 (approaching one million), number of readers is around 700.000.

I got hundreds of emails from people with their detailed descriptions of experience in EK. As I am a professional HR manager (with a corporate experience), this really does make me an expert. :)

That is what we are trying to do here on a PILOTS forum: have our voices
heard. Still not sure why you are here or what you hope to prove.

Well, indeed, I didn't want to leave more than one comment in this thread, but then you started with all of your rationalisations and defence mechanisms so I just stayed. You invited me in a way.

And your hypocrisy is really fun to reveal. People who complain on a lousy treatment in UAE are behaving EXACTLY like the managers they are complaining on. :ugh:And that wouldn't even be a problem per se. People want to make some profit, that's fine. But this "we are fighting for the world's justice bs" is really irritating.

We still work here and didn't lose our jobs for being stupid

No, you kept it because you have no balls. :}

And I am still not going to insult you and tell you that you are stupid.

You want another comment? Just keep calling me "love".

Moony123
23rd Feb 2015, 12:37
No, you kept it because you have no balls. :}

And I am still not going to insult you.

Err what? Not sure those two sentences go together, love.

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 12:41
Oh, yes they do.

The first fact I am sure of. So no insult there. Just the pure truth.

The second thing I am not sure of, so I will not call him stupid. :) I will wait to see his next comment. :}

flyonthewall
23rd Feb 2015, 12:51
...yawn....

I guess being the penultimate HR manager is what got you fired?

Still can't find any hypocrisy in this thread except for "I support your efforts to achieve your goal. I sincerely do. People should sign your petition." You wrote that Nikita.

Not having posted on PPrune for a while, I must say this is keeping me entertained during some down time. I guess your blog is your life now. Sad.

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 13:07
I am having fun with you from my work place, actually, but can't help it. :)

I still think people should sign your petition (hope that 10.000 views of your thread helps ;) I am expert in attracting attention as well :)).

And I still think that you are bunch of hypocrities. If you find it contradictory I can't help you. You are a pilot, you should be intelligent enough to understand it, no? I mean, after all of the sacrifices you've made... But hey, nobody is perfect.:}

Ciao.

Davi_d
23rd Feb 2015, 13:29
Nikita

You must be mistaken me, I didn't invest in anything in Dubai. And, my previous reply was aimed at you only, not anyone else.

You seem to be extremely bitter over Emirates and taking every opportunity to slag them. You were there for a year and a half. Many of us have over 10, 15 and 20 years seniority with the company. Emirates is not perfect, not any company is, but I honestly think that the way you are going on about it is taking the mickey. Again, you are turning every debate and topic into Emirates' fault.

When I had enough of it I raised my voice and I left.

Actually, you were sacked for sticking your nose where it apparently wasn't wanted. A great difference as opposed to "leaving" for raising your voice.

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 13:47
Actually, you were sacked for sticking your nose where it apparently wasn't
wanted. A great difference as opposed to "leaving" for raising your voice.

Which is much more than you did. :)

If you think that I didn't know that I am going to be sacked, keep thinking. I got three warnings before being sacked in four last months. All of them for "negative influence on others" (actual quote from the warning letter)and "inappropriate behaviour" (ok, first of them was for playing desktop games at my computer). I just didn't want to leave without giving a meaning to my employment in EK. :)

Normal rules and ways of thinking do not apply on me. I am actually living my philosophy, not only bull****ing about it. So every stereotype that you are trying to apply here is wrong.

Kisses to all and good luck, hope you will get your life savings back.

White Knight
23rd Feb 2015, 14:01
Ok Dragana. It seems now - that you've admitted you were sacked after several warnings - that your blog is totally pointless and meaningless!

Time to move on and let us rich, wealthy, 'screw the poor' pilots get on with making loads of money!!!

Please leave the forum...

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 14:11
Please leave the forum...

Hahah! This was funny, actually. :D:):):) Thanks for that.

Well, warnings were for raising my voice against injustices and bullying, hence my "negative influence on others". But who cares, enough about me, otherwise you will successfully shift the subject from your loads of money and wealth. And we don't want that to happen. :)

I would leave, but I am having so much fun. :}

Davi_d
23rd Feb 2015, 14:15
Three warning letters before you were terminated, it appeared Emirates after all were being rather fair and tried to give you the benefit of the doubt.

As for not sticking your nose where it's not wanted, asking a manager of their salary at an open forum is hardly proper decorum. There is a forum for every discussion. However, you need to pick the right forum at the right moment, which most of us at Emirates did (and do) which you obviously failed greatly.

cactus98
23rd Feb 2015, 14:20
Nikita,
spare us the bs. Where are the clothes that you wear manufactured? Did you ever ride in a cab in Dubai. Did you then not feed into the "Dubai System" of passport confiscations and crap working conditions for taxi drivers? Did you ever dine in a restaurant in Dubai and thereby feed into the appalling living conditions and the predicament of withheld passports of those restaurant employees? We are all guilty of that to one extent or another so spare us the "holier than thou attitude". Your cause is not of more worth than the next guy"s as you insinuate. And this from one of the guys who supportED you.
I suggest you figure out what PPRUNE stands for. Its a rumour network for pilots. We bitch and moan about salary, seniority, aircraft, the company, the industry, etc....but we don"t have blogs whining about how EK and the world have done us wrong.
In a previous thread you had said that you would stop posting on PPRUNE.
Maybe you should stay true to your word

AllDaysAreSchoolDays
23rd Feb 2015, 16:50
Nikita,

I think you are on the wrong site. There are a few famous dating websites that you can spend your time and energy on if you are hoping to find a rich man!

Nikita81
23rd Feb 2015, 16:59
You are right AllDaysAreAssholesDays.

In this thread I can (mostly) find only poor men. :}

Bluewater777
23rd Feb 2015, 18:41
Attention: HH Shk. Mohammed, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai.

EIGHTY-SEVEN (87) EMIRATES AIRLINE EMPLOYEES OWED USD 12.5 MILLION DOLLARS BY UAE NATIONAL JAMAL AUF ABDULRAHMAN LOOTAH who happens to be your wife's friends brother.

https://www.change.org/p/hh-shk-mohammed-vice-president-prime-minister-of-the-uae-ruler-of-dubai-it-is-now-time-hh-sheikh-mohammed-bin-rashid-al-maktoum-uae-vice-president-prime-minister-and-ruler-of-dubai-intervened-to-ensure-justice-is-served-in-the-property-concepts-vs-lo

After 5 years, multiple channels of correspondence including hand delivered formal letters requested via your office - please feel free to communicate on [email protected] to resolve this outstanding award via your DIFC & Dubai Courts.

Kind regards
Nigel

4HolerPoler
23rd Feb 2015, 18:48
Nikita has left the building for winding up the locals.

Snake man
23rd Feb 2015, 19:08
I'm going to take Nikita's side on this one.

The years '06 to '08 were astonishing at Emirates. Every pilot was an overnight financial guru. Their wives would sing their praises over low fat, skinny, decaf, EPC discounted Cappuccino's.

There was the F1 fund, Mayfair and Hampstead, Property Concepts, and even EPI. As a group these guru's lost millions and put their families in debt.
Please forgive me if I sound somewhat uncharitable, but the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" seems highly appropriate.

Whilst I applaud any and all efforts to retrieve the losses, I do find it somewhat disingenuous to dress the matter up as altruistic: "It could happen to you" and "Please sign our petition". The truth is you took a chance and you were robbed. Asking strangers to sign the petition of the very people who will directly benefit from it if successful is wrong and is the antithesis of altruism.

What Nikita is saying is quite right. If you want to champion a noble cause, make sure that it is not one that you will benefit from, and certainly not one that you fell foul of due to a combination of greed and ignorance.

Ask us to sign a petition for the maids, the taxi drivers, the construction workers and so on, and you may have our support. Otherwise, cut your losses and learn your lesson.

Nikita, these are but frightened men shouting in the dark and yours might well be the lone voice of reason. Carry on...

SM

4HP: Please reconsider...

Stone_cold
23rd Feb 2015, 19:34
The majority is not always right 4HP ! It was a back and forth and most parties were mud-slinging . If you ban one , all should be . A biased reaction .

Another vote of confidence for Nikita .

Calmcavok
23rd Feb 2015, 19:47
Yup, seems a bit arbitrary to me too. Passionate and emotive yes, rude and disingenuous not a bit. Doesn't matter that some noses are out of joint. Is good to watch and she has valid arguments.

BigGeordie
23rd Feb 2015, 21:58
I find (most of) Nikita's posts well written and well argued- often more so than some of the regulars on here!

I say bring her back.

The Outlaw
24th Feb 2015, 02:51
Not warranted and certainly not fair play.

Its nothing more than a discussion between parties with differing points of view. Banning one side makes us no better than the system itself, is that what we stand for?

She has the same freedoms here as all others.

The Outlaw

Snake man
24th Feb 2015, 05:50
If truth and effective criticism are cherished by us all, then Nikita lives true to the words of David Thoreau:
"It is sad to say that you do not get a man's most effective criticism until you provoke him, for severe truth is expressed with some bitterness."

Put the lady back on the air, 4HP.

harry the cod
24th Feb 2015, 06:19
Your initial post I agree with, mostly.

However, unlike some of the other 'investment' schemes you mentioned, PC was slightly different in that it was registered through a fully recognised and legal structure. F1 wasn't, neither was Hampstead and Mayfair. Some of these schemes were offering 30% return in 6 months. That in itself should have been a red flag. The major difference with PC was the capital investment was protected, done through the DIFC system which is advertised globally to facilitate trust and therefore building further investments within Dubai from established Companies Worldwide. Those that did invest placed trust in this system. Was that so wrong? It's failure to do as advertised demonstrated that the trust was misplaced and that even the most watertight and regulated legal framework is worth nothing in the UAE if the wrong person is at the head of the food chain. Those investors learnt the hard way, others now need to be made aware.

The other difference is that Peter Margetts (Owner of H&M)was sent to jail. He's still there. He should be sharing a cell with Lootah. The justice system within the UAE is not as fair as some would like to believe.

As for Nikita being banned, good riddance. I'm all for differing viewpoints but she was being deliberately argumentative and hijacked this thread for spouting her own distorted ideological benefit. For her supporters, let her start her own thread and feel free to debate to your hearts content.

Harry

Trader
24th Feb 2015, 07:56
It is also interesting to note that most of the anti posters have only a few to a few dozen posts. They are not active members here!!!

Maybe management :)

Stone_cold
24th Feb 2015, 09:50
Well Harry , for a group that claims to have been in the ME for so long , it is absurd that anyone could believe that the legal system anywhere in the Gulf is fair . It never has been and never will be .

So , I offer a different viewpoint , there is no protection for anyone with anything in the Gulf and if these investors were in Dubai for any appreciable time , they should have known . Even investing in a vehicle carries a risk . Most people don't even keep other than necessary working funds in the gulf , why ??? Because it's still the banks until and unless they decide to release the hold , whether or not they have any lien on you , that is , once you decide to part ways with your employer or vice versa. So even keeping your own funds in your own account is a known risk and knowledgeable adults see fit to "invest" in the mirage . Come on !!!

They can petition to the moon . They operate and have always operated on the " golden rule " principle and they have they gold .

Another western style mentality attempt to address a medieval age style of law . What the heck will a petition do ...provide them with toilet paper and you know how much use they have for that .

So good luck with that , but I also feel that Nikita was attacked and provoked as well and the punishment meted put smacks of the same unilateral high-handed-ness that you and others admonish UAE ,EK , QR and the other one about . Judge , jury and executioner .

GoreTex
24th Feb 2015, 11:01
bring her back otherwise you are not better than them

falconeasydriver
24th Feb 2015, 11:33
The ban is complete BS, ban both sides or none at all. As to the thread topic, I'll say it again but a bit more bluntly.....don't invest what you can't afford to lose. It's a fools errand to think that you will be treated with anything remotely approaching YOUR definition of fairness or justice. I'm not sitting here posting in smug self satisfaction, rather I'm merely shaking my head at the lengths to which people will suspend common sense when they sniff a quick buck.

harry the cod
24th Feb 2015, 21:03
I don't have a dog in this fight so surprising myself how passionate I feel about this topic. There are differing viewpoints, fair enough, but a final word If I may. The court process was the first that was taken through the DIFC. Because of the structure in which the investment was set up, I think it somewhat unfair to call those that trusted it either naive or greedy for a fast buck. Sure, they wanted to make money, who doesn't, but I'm sure many would have done a risk assessment based on the protected capital and legal protection that this investment offered over other more juicy offerings. 10 years ago, I too would have been ever so weary of trusting anything financial here but the DIFC was set up for that very reason, to provide a transparent and clear legal framework based on UK law for business and financial accountability. No doubt it was because of this, and this reason alone, that so many pilots chose to invest here rather than elsewhere.

This has been the first test case, and only so far, in which the full legal process was followed for an investment through the DIFC. It failed, despite assurances to the contrary that the system has successfully completed it's judicial obligation. This, perhaps more than the money itself, is one reason why the fight should go on.

So, I too will say it one last and final time. As many people as possible should be made aware of this petition to avoid others losing savings, regardless of whether they 'can afford to lose' that investment. Dubai PLC should not be offering something they can't deliver. When 89 of our colleagues got truly shafted, the fact that so few fellow pilots are willing to support them is disappointing. From a personal view, this case concerns me. It concerns me because as a property owner here in Dubai, the apathy shown towards this case could have massive connotations in later years. If the World press and public opinion will not highlight this unfairness, what's to stop arbitrary changes in expat freehold ownership rules being implemented at a later date? And not for the better.

Sometimes, it's the principle more than anything else that's worth the fight. It's so sad that so many can't see beyond their own circumstances and see what positive ramifications their support could have.

Harry

Bluewater777
24th Feb 2015, 22:51
4HolerPoler

As initiator of this discussion I respectfully request you revise your decision to ban Nikata and allow her back into this discussion. Although I/we didn't agree with all her comments/viewpoints at no point did I find her offensive.

Although I appreciate it was not your intent your actions remind me of the authorities Property Concepts have been fighting the past 5 years+. Attempting to achieve justice in Dubai and the UAE as a westerner vs. a connected UAE national is a fight. It is my viewpoint they don't deserve any international respect until they adhere to developed world principles and rule of law. Too many people talk the talk...Practice what you preach; Action speaks louder than words.

Chief Justice of the DIFC Courts, Michael Hwang on behalf of Shk. Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai: “The DIFC Courts and Dubai Courts are both dedicated to providing world-class justice and are both committed to ensuring that judgments are enforced. The final judgment is not the end of the process for either court in our mission to provide swift and efficient justice; if that judgment is not honoured we will collaborate to enforce it and to deliver justice. If a person or company does not honour a judgment of either Court it becomes necessary for the Courts to enforce the judgment, whether by seizing property and money or, ultimately, by imprisonment.

If Nikita is not reinstated can you please elaborate on your rationality to ban her.

For Nikita:
Robert F Kennedy claimed that ‘one-fifth of the people are against everything all of the time’.

Nigel

4HolerPoler
24th Feb 2015, 23:58
Wow guys, I seem to have hit a nerve. I haven't been following this thread and was reacting to a few complaints that came in.

I checked her last post and it seemed to be slagging some of the regulars off so I sent her to the cooler for a while.

I'm sorry I got it wrong; Nikita is hereby unbanned.

This is your site and I am your humble and often inattendant servant.

4HP

Snake man
25th Feb 2015, 04:53
Thanks, 4HP!
Welcome back, Nikita.

SM

Praise Jebus
25th Feb 2015, 06:16
what's to stop arbitrary changes in expat freehold ownership rules being implemented at a later date?

Nothing, it's called Sovereign Risk... something that PC appear not to have fully appreciated at the time.....

Gulfstreamaviator
25th Feb 2015, 06:43
thanks

respect................

glf

Nikita81
27th Feb 2015, 00:05
Maybe I am too passionate when discussing certain subjects, so I am sorry if I have upset some of you.

It is true that I am no pilot and that this is a pilots' site, so I never saw my place here, actually. So, I doubt that I will post on this forum anymore.

To the group of people who invested their money I wish to be persistent and never to give up. People who do evil rely on the fact that others will give up or shut up at the end and that their wrongdoings will be forgotten. Never give them peace of mind.

To all the rest in this thread and beyond - thank you for being decent men and professionals.

Wish you all the best. :)

@CoinOfSilenceII

I doubt that you ever had any true respect for me. If you did, you would not call me a "Serbian check in staff" (which is how any EK manager would call me), but by my name, as my identity is not determined by the things I do for money to survive, my profession (I don't even identify with my HR profession) or my nationality. Your comment is patronizing and arrogant.

Regarding my recruiter - nobody has any reasons to punish her as I didn't make mistakes during my employment. If I do need medical attention it is due to the fact that I was harassed, pressurized, treated like a ****, dragged from meeting to meeting, punished for telling the trainer that I think that we have more choices in our lives than "take it or leave it" and threatened with prison for writing a simple letter to sheik. If I don't look like a victim it is because I refuse to be one. Experience in EK has marked me for life.

:)

CoinOfSilenceII
27th Feb 2015, 04:43
Finally a well balanced post. My apologies, I will delete my post. Good luck to you on your mission. :D
CoS

cuberoute
1st Mar 2015, 17:47
Naki good luck and God bless ... Something that can be learned here is ...
This is not the site to come to to be liked popular or respected .:ugh:

As far as this topic is concerned your point is made and the only person that can deal with this issue of power and diplomacy is the Sheik .If you can do this respectfully ,make an appointment and state your case , he will listen .

I suggest you seek a renewed council with him as he is a fair and just person who would not willingly want to see any injustice happening in his progressive Country .

Good luck

Bluewater777
1st Mar 2015, 22:26
Cuberoute

Thanks for your post.

I agree with HH Shk. Mohammed, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai having the power to immediately resolve this injustice. Not only in his country but his courts (Dubai, DIFC), police, CID and legal system including local lawyers. Unfortunately there has to be a desire. To date none has been forthcoming after 5 years!

It would be virtually impossible for him not to be aware of our case.

REF:
Two years ago we formally approached the office of the ruler Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai via our lawyers Al Tamimi. At the time we were clearly advised by the Rulers office to “continue following the DIFC / UAE legal system, execute the enforcement and then revert back to us”. We continued following the legal process only to meet a brick wall when it came to enforcement. When we went back to the rulers office we were told that they would not investigate our case as Jamal Lootah is not a government entity. This pointless exercise, (two formal approaches to Sheik Mohammed’s office, firstly to appeal for help, and secondly to advise we had again not achieved an enforcement) cost us an additional USD $55,000 in legal fees.

Are you speaking from experience or a position of authority. Mostly what we hear/read in Dubai, UAE is far from the truth or a persons reality.

Furthermore EMIRATES Airline chairman Shk. Ahmed (nephew of HH Shk. Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai) is fully aware of this case albeit quite likely forgot the moment I turned my back. Regardless, his advice was clear “follow the UAE legal system and justice will be served”. One would like to believe with a company that promotes itself internationally, such as Emirates, the Chairman and Chief Executive would like to do his utmost to see 87 of his senior employees (families) delivered justice. Not just internationally but in his own back yard where he has total control. Not only through himself but via his uncle Shk. Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai. It says a lot about the internal company culture and it's/his support/respect of senior employees. Talk is cheap. Trust me we have had lots and lots of talk, correspondence and meetings with high profile UAE leaders all promising action to resolve our case but after 5 years our fight for justice goes on and on and on. Individually, I am hopeful they meant well. Collectively its counted for nothing. Action is now what we need/deserve. Words are nothing without action.

In addition I recently wrote two clear non emotive emails to Mr. Chris Pykel, Emirates NZ manager as I am a New Zealand citizen as are many shareholders/employees. He didn't even have to courtesy to respond. Again company culture on display.

I can't wait for the day when we can get these people to explain in front of a television camera/media interview where they can't run away, hide behind a desk, emails, excuses or refer to 'someone else' of authority - a common Dubai tactic we have experienced over and over again. Hopefully this day is not to far away.

Nigel

Please sign our petition.

fliion
1st Mar 2015, 22:42
Cuberoute,

What qualifies you to make that remark...in your third paragraph ?

I suggest you go to ABCnews...and watch the video of the G- Vaggon...driving over the man in the sand...

By a future leader from this progressive country...

And the consequences....an arrest warrant for the videographer.

Get a life...before you pontificate on 'injustice'

f.

Bluewater777
1st Mar 2015, 23:10
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGR9-56xiuY

Bluewater777
1st Mar 2015, 23:24
EIGHTY-SEVEN (87) SENIOR EMIRATES AIRLINE EMPLOYEES (pilots, engineers, senior managers, senior cabin crew, etc) OWED USD 12.5 MILLION DOLLARS BY UAE NATIONAL JAMAL AUF ABDULRAHMAN LOOTAH.

An appeal to HH Shk. Ahmed, Chairman and Chief Executive of EMIRATES Airline.

One would like to believe a company that promotes itself internationally, such as Emirates, the Chairman and Chief Executive would like to do his utmost to see 87 of his senior employees (families) delivered justice. Not just internationally but in his own back yard where he has total control. Not only through himself but also via his uncle Shk. Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai.

The advice of HH Shk. Ahmed to the managing director of Property Concepts was clear “follow the UAE legal system and justice will be served”. Respectfully, Shk. Ahmed, five years later and we are still waiting for justice to be served. The fact is that case DIFC ARB001/2010 has been five years in the UAE justice system with no justice in sight. The fact is that $12.5 million USD, per DIFC Award ARB001/2010, remains outstanding to 87 of your senior employees. The fact is Jamal Lootah walks free under the guise of having a close association with your family.

“Justice delayed is justice denied” (United States Chief Justice Warren E. Burger).

if someone is black, white, purple, green, latino, asian or arab - whatever colour your skin is you deserve justice and your rights no matter if you are from the UAE or not. If enforcement of our case means no settlement with funds then ensure Jamal Lootah is jailed for his actions as your courts strongly promulgate they will/should.

I have solid written proof with everything I have declared.*Please feel free to contact me on email: [email protected].

Nigel

Leadership | Our Company | The Emirates Group (http://www.theemiratesgroup.com/english/our-company/leadership/leadership.aspx)