PDA

View Full Version : Casa CPL in Africa

Zanna90
17th Feb 2015, 16:32
Dear African pilots and non pilots...

How is the CASA cpl regarded in Africa?
and what is the african country that gives more job opportunity for an Eu passport holder?

Just that... thanks to whoever wants to help me in this confusing moment to chose my future path in aviation...:O

Bankrupt84
18th Feb 2015, 00:01
Casa license is fine. It's easily converted like most license's.
EU passport is fine also. If you gain employment the company needs to get you a work permit for the country you will be living.

The more important things are, hours and ratings.
That would be the deciding factor on which African countries to seek employment in. Also if your French speaking that can also open up a lot of the west African countries for employment prospects.

Zanna90
19th Feb 2015, 01:34
Thanks Bankrupt:)

Well, I have a bare cpl right now, my budget could allow me to get night and floats for example, but not an IFR... I have a basic level of French, (but I guess it will be quick to learn well due to my latin language background).

What are the countries I should look into?

Bankrupt84
19th Feb 2015, 02:35
Hey mate,

Without an IR countries like Namibia & Botswana would be your only real option, but immigration is tough now in Botswana so with a bare CPL and only 200 odd hours your chances look a little bleak. Besides the hiring season is NOW so you might arrive a little late.

http://www.pprune.org/african-aviation/433420-maun-botswana-essential-guide.html

This is the guide posted by flyboy, its a little old but still relevant and seems the current crop of pilots looking for work in Botswana are still posting in it.

With french speaking your options in Africa would be great, a French friend got his first flying gig in Senegal flying light twins before moving onto a business jet within 2 years. But you will need the IR.

Best of luck.

Zanna90
24th Feb 2015, 12:51
1000 thanks for all your infos bankrupt...

Anybody knows whats the situation like in madagascar?