PDA

View Full Version : "Elf n Saferty"....pet. Or, profiteering.

Krystal n chips
17th Feb 2015, 04:37
Given the UK's now well established " for Elf n Saferty reasons" excuses , or rather some self unimportant jobsworth lacking a functional brain cell, this little gem is in a class of it's own.

BBC News - Newcastle Racecourse issues ban on picnics (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-31488901)

I suppose you could say there would be a "trip hazard", depending on how much vino has been consumed, but it's the kind offering of more seats and food outlets that gives the game away.....all the seats will be free will they ?.....and those food outlets, which as we know at any event, all charge rip off prices ...the word cabal springs to mind....will all do very well as the only source of refreshment.

One can only assume, given the location, a Southerner has been imported to arrive at this decision.

4mastacker
17th Feb 2015, 05:53
I suspect that decision will be met with the customary response of "Haddawayandshiteman".

TRC
17th Feb 2015, 07:19
One can only assume, given the location, a Southerner has been imported to arrive at this decisionHow do you come to that conclusion?

From the same news page:
"You can take a picnic to Glyndebourne, you can take one to Ascot, but you can't take a picnic to Newcastle Racecourse? Ascot and Glyndebourne were very much 'in the south' last time I looked.

Wyler
17th Feb 2015, 07:28
Having been to said racecourse I would say that banning alcohol would make the place much safer. :)

Dash8driver1312
17th Feb 2015, 09:19
And I quote directly from the article:

"At all fixtures, apart from the Blaydon Races, people will be prevented from spreading out rugs or eating in chairs."

Sooooo...it's not the picnic food bein banned. Bad Beeb for sensationalist headline worthy of the Fail, and misrepresentation of the facts!

However yes it is all in aid of flogging more stuff from the food stalls, same as when the tennis was held at the O2.

radeng
17th Feb 2015, 10:50
Dash8

Your conclusion about flogging more stuff from the food stalls was exactly the same as mine.

Not that we are cynical.....

panda-k-bear
17th Feb 2015, 11:26
Given the UK's now well established " for Elf n Saferty reasons" excuses , or rather some self unimportant jobsworth lacking a functional brain cell

You do realise, KnC, that by writing this you are, in fact, agreeing with BOTH Jeremy Clarkson AND Richard Littlejohn, don't you?

What's the penance that, as a Guardian-reading Komrade, you must pay to make up for this slip?

Krystal n chips
17th Feb 2015, 17:36
" How do you come to that conclusion

Quote:

"You can take a picnic to Glyndebourne, you can take one to Ascot, but you can't take a picnic to Newcastle Racecourse?

Ascot and Glyndebourne were very much 'in the south' last time I looked"

Well done with the geography lesson, and thank you for educating me as I would have never known. Sadly, you seem to have missed the point about, erm, comparisons. As for my own view, well no self-respecting Geordie would come up with an idea like that, now would they.

panda...that's quite good...:ok:...mortified though I am to even think about having anything in common with the two individuals you mention, other than sitting down on what they are and to produce what they do, unlike them, I do take relevant Health and Safety matters, and those who are professionals in this sector, very seriously.

It's the tossers who use " elf an saferty" to either posture their own inadequacies, or as a convenient "excuse" to save working or thinking whom I have contention with...not that you would ever have guessed I assume.

TRC
17th Feb 2015, 17:56
Sadly, you seem to have missed the point......Trouble is, I've yet to see you post anything that has a point. Saying that a southerner - or someone from anywhere else other than the NE making that ruling is in itself pointless.

G-CPTN
21st Feb 2015, 10:15
BBC News - Newcastle Racecourse U-turn over picnic ban (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-31555757)
Race goers will now have the option to buy a specific picnic enclosure badge that will allow up to 4,000 people to picnic in an area of the Grandstand Enclosure.

Capot
21st Feb 2015, 13:04
So anyone who said that it's all about money is dead right, then.