PDA

View Full Version : Hangarshuffle's Thread ?

Melchett01
16th Feb 2015, 17:49
Just curious as to why Hangarshuffle's thread was closed. It was asking what seemed to be an eminently sensible question and one that potentially affects everybody in the UK regardless of personal opinions given that the UK terrorist threat level is currently set at SEVERE - meaning an attack is highly likely.

So no, it's not just you that is worrying Hangarshuffle.

Tashengurt
16th Feb 2015, 17:56
It wasn't terribly aviationy though was it?
:hmm:

P6 Driver
16th Feb 2015, 17:58
Without wishing to criticise MODS, I wish that if a thread of any kind is closed, a brief explanation is given as the final post on it.

I had one closed recently where this was done, and consequently, wasn't left wondering.

Melchett01
16th Feb 2015, 18:13
But it was security related - Defence being part of security and all that. And just because it didn't happen to mention aircraft or pilots doesn't mean that it's a topic that shouldn't be discussed. Or do we close all the threads on NEM, pensions and pay?

Interestingly, the thread on Yemen was also closed. Doesn't matter which way you skin it, the world's in a pretty precarious state right now and hiding from it won't make it any better.

strake
16th Feb 2015, 20:18
I wrote on it and agree it wasn't directly aviation - more Jetblast.
However, let's just bomb the bejasus out of them - there, all sorted.

Tashengurt
16th Feb 2015, 20:19
It did promise to be an interesting thread in interesting times.
Fwiw, I also think the Mods should give some form of reasoning when closing a thread. Without that the whiff of censorship will always hang in the air.

ShotOne
16th Feb 2015, 21:14
"wasn't terribly aviationy..." eh? Military airstrikes just the other side of the Med where our own Air Force were involved not long ago. Hey, let's just stick to pensions shall we?

Toadstool
16th Feb 2015, 23:01
This one?

http://www.pprune.org/military-aviation/556628-circle-war-extends-further-around-europe.html

Has it been reinstated?

Roland Pulfrew
17th Feb 2015, 09:30
It was probably closed because it criticises US foreign policy on who we should be supporting and who are the bad guys in the ME at present.

Anyone that thinks that the Arab Spring has done anything but harm to most of the nations in the ME is living in cloud-cuckoo land. We should be supporting Assad against ISIL/ISIS; we should never have supported the removal of Ghaddafi and it seems that the traditionalists are back in control of Egypt.

Standby for closure.

Hangarshuffle
17th Feb 2015, 09:59
Before its closed all I was rambling on about, was I was trying to make the point that airstrikes were being carried out by one Med. country on another. I thought it rather frightening that ISI (or ISIL) are now killing large numbers of people on the beaches of the Med, ergo they are now easily capable of crossing the Med and doing the same in Europe.
Malta is vulnerable.Its such a change in my lifetime.
Also, in a rambling way, and in a none aviation topic completely I'm actually admit I'm scared/concerned of using the underground and London's transport system's because I think a copycat Paris, Copenhagen and Sydney style attack is absolutely imminent in the UK. We are here and have reached this point again, and the nation has to face this and seek solutions.
Wondered if other people thought the same? Surely we are still allowed to think this even, in the UK, and write that even now, even on here?
But feel free to lock it down again.I'm hardly inciting a race riot. Plenty of other people living in the UK want to do that.