View Full Version : whats the chances

jetset737
10th Jun 2001, 21:58
Im flying to Sydney on the 26 June on a rugby tour with college and I am in the middle of the recruitment process for the Irish Air Corps.
What are the chances of getting the Jump-seat for take-off and perhaps landing for the flight. Its with Quatas (QF 2) from Heathrow. Or does anybody konw Quntas' policy on this.

Also I have to depart from the tour 2 days early to attend the next stage of the selection process (computer based aptitude tests + psychlogical tests) and I will only have 8 hours before the tests to sleep and I was wondering if there is a possibility that if I showed the duty manages or the Captain the letter just to show im not lying would they up-grade me so as I wouldnt be jetlagged going into the tests.
I would appreciate any replies.

redsnail
10th Jun 2001, 22:40
Qantas is spelt as I have spelt it.
Re getting the jumpseat for the t/off etc, you may want to try posting in the Dunnunda forum. I have been lucky re flight deck visits. I don't know how you'll go with the upgrade, best hope that you have been contacted by the captain of that flight.
However, before you post in Dunnunda, it is a good idea to get the company's name right.

------------------
reddo...feral animal!