PDA

View Full Version : Air France Emergency Landing in Russia

racedo
15th Feb 2015, 12:03
Air France's Boeing 737 makes emergency landing in Russia's Yekaterinburg - Global Times (http://globaltimes.cn/content/907797.shtml)

Landed in Yekaterinburg

News story refers to an "AF 737" on route to Paris from Seoul with 300 Pax on board but believe it to be an error regarding Aircraft type.

Airbanda
15th Feb 2015, 12:10
Probably a misread of 773, ie a 777-300.

oldchina
15th Feb 2015, 12:23
"The itinerary of flight AF267 has been changed.

Flight departed at 10:10 Sun 15 Feb 15 from Seoul, Incheon International (ICN) - Korea
Flight arrived at 15:31 Sun 15 Feb 15 in Yekaterinburg, Koltsovo (SVX) - Russia
Scheduled departure at 14:00, Mon 16 Feb 15 from Yekaterinburg, Koltsovo (SVX) - Russia
Scheduled arrival at 15:30, Mon 16 Feb 15 in Paris, Charles de Gaulle (CDG) - France, Terminal 2E"

susier
15th Feb 2015, 16:17
Source:Xinhua Published: 2015-2-15 20:28:45

An Air France Boeing 777 carrying 290 passengers made an emergency landing Sunday in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg with no casualties, reported the Tass news agency.

The landing was successful, and all people on board were safe. Passengers have deplaned, been served with dinner and offered accommodation at hotels, said the report.

Meanwhile, an Air France representative is on his way to Yekaterinburg to check the situation.

"We have sent our representative from Moscow since we have no office in Yekaterinburg. If the problem is serious, we will send another plane to take the passengers on Monday," an Air France spokesman was quoted as saying.

The airliner was en route from Seoul to Paris and the plane had an engine failure, he said.

NB I hope you will excuse me, Racedo, but I have posted this in R&N in case it's of interest to the pro guys. Sorry if this treads on any toes - let me know if so and I'll edit/delete.

susier
15th Feb 2015, 19:41
Source:Xinhua Published: 2015-2-15 20:28:45

(I hope it is alright to post this, there is a thread in Spotters but I thought it may be of interest here. If not pls feel free to delete)

An Air France Boeing 777 carrying 290 passengers made an emergency landing Sunday in the Russian city of Yekaterinburg with no casualties, reported the Tass news agency.

The landing was successful, and all people on board were safe. Passengers have deplaned, been served with dinner and offered accommodation at hotels, said the report.

Meanwhile, an Air France representative is on his way to Yekaterinburg to check the situation.

"We have sent our representative from Moscow since we have no office in Yekaterinburg. If the problem is serious, we will send another plane to take the passengers on Monday," an Air France spokesman was quoted as saying.

The airliner was en route from Seoul to Paris and the plane had an engine failure, he said.

captplaystation
15th Feb 2015, 21:21
It will probably be binned, but thanks anyway. . .I fly 73's, but I am sure T7 drivers are interested.

susier
16th Feb 2015, 15:13
You weren't wrong :)

But thank you for being kind.