PDA

View Full Version : CX Transition Training Interview

RavenOne
13th Feb 2015, 16:09

pilotchute
13th Feb 2015, 16:37
HR send a very descriptive outline of what to expect. If you get offered an interview they will send it to you.

RavenOne
13th Feb 2015, 16:50

legoswag
23rd Feb 2015, 00:44
Well since no one posted any of their experience here. I feel productive today so imma gonna put something up here.

Competed the interview in Jan, it's two days.

Day 1
- went up to HR and met two HR ladies and went straight into a room and completed a group exercise. it took about 30 mins for the exercise and then there was a question for each person afterward.
- Next was sim briefing, then sim eval. Pretty straight forward, no tricks to it. evaluate yourself after.
- Personality test - answer 120 questions - random and you can't study it

if you pass day one you move on to day two

Day 2
- Orientation- tell you all about hong kong and your pay.
- Interview - 1 hr and 1 pilot for me. (you can research this on pprune for sample questions)
- medical - (basically check everything)
- english test (20 mins) - phone interview talking to someone from kiwi

I did not get the job, I was kind of shocked because I thought I did alright. Despite all the haters comment about cx in this forum, I still believe that this would be a good gag for young guys/gals (under 35). It might be tough if your family needs to rely on you. Hong Kong is a weird place, you either love it or don't.

Here's what I think cathay is looking for:
- is the person going to adapt the life in hk and cathay
- is the person going to leave at this company after getting a jet rating (this reflects on your cv history)
- did the person put effort in this interview (if you are on this site, you already did):ok:

Good luck to those who have interviews coming up!

RavenOne
23rd Feb 2015, 11:54

legoswag
24th Feb 2015, 00:09
No worries! feel free to ask me any questions

I personally recommend
Cathay Pacific Pilot Interview and Assessment-Latest Pilot Jobs-Latest Pilot Jobs (http://www.latestpilotjobs.com/interviews/view/subject/Cathay+Pacific+Pilot+Interview+and+Assessment.html)

Wack0
19th Nov 2015, 19:05
One of the users here suggested latestpilotjobs.com.

I admit, I was lazy and somewhat time constraint and was assuming going to a pay site will in some way make my life easier.

I would NOT recommend this sit e to ANYONE.

They don't have ONE question that was not found on the forums or the first 3 google search results. Some of the questions are provided by incorrect answers, others have vague yes, no type answers. A lot the questions say they need to be answered with your own experience... but the questions are technical, not experience related.

It seems to me that at least some of the questions were answered by searching forums and literally cutting and pasting the answers from the forums.

Also posted this on another thread... don't want anyone else getting ripped off.

flyboy_nz
25th Nov 2015, 23:24
To quality for the Transition Training Programme, will a FAA ATP licence suffice or one must also have the 500 hrs minimum on a pressured multi crew jet/turbo-prop? I have 3900 TT with 2200 SE turbo-props non-px but multi crew.

I have also emailed the recruitment team, lets see what they say.

Natca
27th Nov 2015, 07:01
Looks guys, stay away from this place. Its not set up for a person from north america. The only people happy here are the ones the just crawled out frpm behind a bush in south africa. The fact they had a high school style buffet in adelaide was some sort of an amazing thing for them. Once in cx they treat you like a local, no help moving nothing welcome to hong knog figure it out and oh btw you have a type rating to pass. And oh btw you are broke because we are going to deduct and withold 60 percent of your salary.

Be aware folks.

crwkunt roll
28th Nov 2015, 01:00
A lot the questions say they need to be answered with your own experience... but the questions are technical, not experience related.
God forbid if they actually ask you a question that you can't use your brain to answer.

updown
13th Dec 2015, 11:58
The tech questions you get asked in the interview will be based on the interviewing pilots fleet i.e. if hes a 747 pilot, expect questions on the 747.

Cover all fleets 747/777/330 just to be sure. You wont know which pilot till you walk into the room!