PDA

View Full Version : What after 65+ retirement?

ASDR
12th Feb 2015, 11:23
What are the options for a age retired 65+ Airline Pilot?

Heard some country have provision for TRI/TRE without engaging in the commercial operations? any suggestions !!

foxmoth
12th Feb 2015, 12:17
AIUI if you are a TRI/TRE you can continue Sim training, apart from that I think it is a case of light aircraft instructing (one reason I have kept my instructors ticket going) or a non flying job.

fireflybob
12th Feb 2015, 17:36
MCC Instructor?

BEagle
12th Feb 2015, 18:30
What are the options for a age retired 65+ Airline Pilot?

Have some fun?

pacemakerpratik
15th Feb 2015, 15:30
For a TRI/TRE to continue in the Sim training, we would appreciate if you could provide us a document reference or any CAA example.
We have been looking for the same sort of of document to support our application to our local CAA.

Many thanks

nick14
15th Feb 2015, 20:48
Why do you need it? If the person in question holds the licence rating medical cert and TRI/TRE qualifications then they are entitled to do so. We have at least 3 TREs who no longer fly.

BristolScout
21st Feb 2015, 17:42
On topic but slightly different, I'm looking to do more instruction now I've left the day job. It seems there are vacancies around, albeit not much in my part of the world, south Wales. Can any of you CFI types give me a heads up on the current state of the famine/feast cycle?