PDA

View Full Version : Sea King Sim

flyer1950
5th Jun 2002, 17:30
I wonder if any present or former RN pilots have any clout at Yeovilton? I'm a former commercial f/wing and helo pilot recently diagnosed with multiple sclerosis and therefore with no medical BUT would just love a few minutes helo sim-time.. even with a shaky collective hand!! Cheers for now.

ethereal entity
5th Jun 2002, 18:51
Flyer 1950

I can't, unfortunately, help you with a trip in the yeovilton sim, but thought that it might be worth a mention to let you know that the RAF now operate one of the most advanced helo-sims in the world, and it's the Seaking sim at RAF St Mawgan. I can't get you a trip in that either, but it is an avenue that you may wish to explore.

Best of luck

EE

oldpinger
6th Jun 2002, 03:45
Try The SK sim at Culdrose (if it's still there)I used to know some of the operators down there, email me and I'll give you some names.
:)

Pub User
7th Jun 2002, 22:36
Actually, the RAF now populate (not operate -it's a civilian-owned enterprise) THE most advanced simulator in the World. It's the MSHATF at RAF Benson. Write to Gp Capt Lloyd, the Station Commander, with your request, and I do not see how he could possibly refuse.