PDA

View Full Version : The plot thickens...

SpringHeeledJack
11th Feb 2015, 11:22
Grandfather's body could be exhumed after relatives of Muslim buried alongside complain he was an unbeliever - Telegraph (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11402870/Grandfathers-body-could-be-exhumed-after-relatives-of-Muslim-buried-alongside-complain-he-was-an-unbeliever.html)

How the hell does this type of thing happen ? A situation that is already sensitive and full of emotion for both sides becomes heightened. Either the Muslim family were naive/stupid/beligerent at the time of buying their burial plot within a non-denominational area, or the council were not bothered enough to explain or check the expectations.

SHJ

funfly
11th Feb 2015, 11:44
Shadrack Smith was buried in the multi-denominational Lychgate Lane Cemetery in Burbage, Leicestershire, following his funeral on Jan 30.

I think the multi-denominational bit gives the answer. If I was determined to be buried in a specific denomination grave then I would choose a specific denominational graveyard.

Anyway, why not move the Muslim?

Don_Apron
11th Feb 2015, 11:56
Damned right. Dig up and replant the one who relatives are whinging.

If the person is dead, who cares?

BillHicksRules
11th Feb 2015, 13:16
This is right up there with the Mormon Church baptizing dead people!!:mad:

sitigeltfel
11th Feb 2015, 13:38
What next, dig up the infidel dead and burn or behead them?

Oops, the Catholic church already did that.

Don_Apron
11th Feb 2015, 14:24
If they dig up the infidel, I'm leaving, period. That would do it for me.

bar fly
11th Feb 2015, 14:26
The Plot thickens

I would have thought it more likely that the plot will thin out a bit.

KenV
11th Feb 2015, 14:59
This is right up there with the Mormon Church baptizing dead people!!

Wait, WHAT?!!! How are those two at all related?

dazdaz1
11th Feb 2015, 15:14
It's another chipping away of British standards/way of life by a non Anglo Saxon breed/race of people. Although I condemn Hitler for the dire, deplorable extermination of the Jewish people. What if (in Germany today) Hitler came to power? I don't think it would be the Jews on his hit list.........

Lonewolf_50
11th Feb 2015, 15:57
Wait, WHAT?!!! How are those two at all related? They aren't. Axe grinding needs no topic. ;)

bosnich71
12th Feb 2015, 04:29
It won't happen, you can't dig anyone up without the say so of the relatives. Then again, that was the law until U.K. got carried away with diversity so WTF knows what could happen now ?

teeteringhead
12th Feb 2015, 11:12
What next, dig up the infidel dead and burn or behead them?

Oops, the Catholic church already did that. and we (the Brits) did it with Oliver Cromwell did we not? (dug up and beheaded I mean)

Curious Pax
13th Feb 2015, 09:44
And in a development that isn't unusual after an inflammatory article is posted here, leading to the usual frothing, the Telegraph have published a new one that casts rather a different light on it all:

New Telegraph exhumation article (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/religion/11410343/Muslim-family-at-centre-of-exhumation-row-blame-council.html)

It would seem that no exhumation has been demanded, and both families are being reasonable about the whole thing. It all seems to stem from a council cock-up/misunderstanding (how unusual!).

tony draper
13th Feb 2015, 10:10
Twill be ok, come Judgement Day yon muslim will have the place all to himself.
:rolleyes:

arcniz
13th Feb 2015, 12:06
This is right up there with the Mormon Church baptizing dead people!!
Wait, WHAT?!!! How are those two at all related?

The root of humanity's great confusion is belief in BELIEF.

Given that believing is as simple as scratching one's bits, and some very highly refined methods have been devised over the past several hundred thousand years to set the hook of various ideas in simple minds that argue having some trance-induced belief creates a virtual reality which calls for means and motives commitment to a philosophy which then has the right to tell folk when to salute and when to pee... then the businesses of those that prevail and prosper on propagating the various competing myths of belief and the infinitely good and bad interchangeable consequences are able to control nations and ages and civilizations with what is little more than dreams and fantasies and yearnings writ large and exploited til they squeak, as we wet mortals come and go with little power and less comprehension to staunch the flood of exploitative swill.