PDA

View Full Version : Worst place to be a Pilot

ACMS
11th Feb 2015, 10:11
Season 1 Ep 2 features one of Cathay's gentleman, Capt Quinn. Recently retired he ventures to West Papua to visit his son flying a Porter with Susi Air.

Fantastic to see him again.

Good on ya Quinny...

All episodes available on YouTube

Worst places to be a Pilot.

Trafalgar
11th Feb 2015, 12:32
I think I know the worst place to be a pilot....and it isn't in Papua...!

monster330
11th Feb 2015, 15:44
CX Without a doubt.

20 years of filth and disharmony.

Arfur Dent
11th Feb 2015, 19:25
Funny old world where those boys are doing a fantastic flying job developing terrific airmanship skills but all they want to do is join the likes of this lot and be professionally castrated. Don't come, stay where you are until you really can't take the requirement to be brilliant any more, then join the Airlines but never Cathay.
Well done both Capt Quins - and Ms Q who has joined Cathay.:ok::ok:
Bloody fine family!

Will IB Fayed
11th Feb 2015, 22:07
If it's so good in GA, off you go??? You must be a complete imbecile to stay in CX where it's the worst job in the world?

Ohhhh, you're actually only trying to dissuade new joiners in the hope of making you package better.

Anyway, good show, and hat's off to those guys.

ACMS
11th Feb 2015, 22:10
I wish I had the power to delete your posts. I tried to post some good news regarding one of our retired colleagues.

This was not a Cx bashing thread but some of you guys just had to take it there didn't you.

:D

Lazerdog
11th Feb 2015, 22:59
No ice down there. Talk to someone flying checks in Alaska in a feeble piston twin in the middle of the night with freezing rain and you can see the color drain from their face. It wouldn't make a good TV show however.

monster330
11th Feb 2015, 23:29
You're thread title asked the question - so to speak

Accept the returns that come

CX. 20 years of filth and utter disharmony. A true cancer in the corporate world.

fire wall
11th Feb 2015, 23:49
Having done 3 years in PNG I can assure you these are the guys I want sitting next to me when it starts getting ugly, not some abinitio cadet.
Good to see Ian again..... great bloke.
Lazer dog.... had more than my share of Carb Ice when I was there, but then again we didn't have Porters / Nav displays with gps position updates / tcas.
Monster, this was supposed to be a feel good story and we could all use one every now and then. Take a deep breath young man. Life is too short to be bitter 24/7.

papazulu
11th Feb 2015, 23:54
No ice down there. Talk to someone flying checks in Alaska in a feeble piston twin in the middle of the night with freezing rain and you can see the color drain from their face. It wouldn't make a good TV show however.

Let me guess: you are American and you think "American Sniper" is the coolest and most powerful movie EVER?

PZ :E

Frogman1484
12th Feb 2015, 00:01
Hey!!!...I liked American Sniper!:ok:

Atlas Shrugged
12th Feb 2015, 01:34
I like ice cream.

Fantome
12th Feb 2015, 01:50
I like non secateurs

I like to leave the pruning to the wife

DropKnee
12th Feb 2015, 02:31
PapaZulu
That has to be one of the dumbest comments I have read in a long time. Anyone who would not respect what Chris Kyle did to protect his fellow comrades has got his head up his arse. I suppose you think a harshly written letter solves all problems.

Fantome
12th Feb 2015, 03:33
The entrenched angst is palpable. Not that i Know the slightest of which you raise Cain. But if the root of it is comparable with 24 Aug '89, not here to raise the fist.

stilton
12th Feb 2015, 03:43
'No ice down there. Talk to someone flying checks in Alaska in a feeble piston twin in the middle of the night with freezing rain and you can see the color drain from their face. It wouldn't make a good TV show however'

Well said, been there, done that.

landrecovery
15th Feb 2015, 07:06
ACMS to answer your question, on the ground!:}