PDA

View Full Version : EK EPC/APC change to T's & C''s

sluggums
11th Feb 2015, 09:37
Is it just me or are the recent emails from APC/EPC, or whatever they call themselves in order to generate more cash, just a bit cheeky.

... "If you don't cough up the cash by 23rd Feb, we'll slap your wrist and rip another 250 dhs out your pocket for being a naughty pilot"...

Plus the bank charges every month.

It seems they've taken a leaf out of the EK management manual and have decided to piss off their customers...?

CaptainChipotle
11th Feb 2015, 09:56
EPC had been slowly downhill since I joined. Yeah once in a while its nice to go to the beach clubs, but if you don't go early theres a chance you won't get in.

I used an EPC bike at an outstation twice, and it was really nice. Its also nice to see the waiters at restaurants i frequent scoff at me when I pull the card out.

If I had more days off I'd definitely use the EPC/APC card more often. However, since I legally can't fly anymore than I am, I don't have the energy on my days off to enjoy all the wonderful deals the folks have set up for us.

This seems to be just another scheme to get more money out of us indirectly. I for one, will pass.

CC

GoreTex
11th Feb 2015, 11:35
I am confused, is EPC and APC the same thing?

ruserious
11th Feb 2015, 12:12
Yes Goretex, rebranded from EPC to APC, as the company does not like them using the E word

uba737
11th Feb 2015, 12:14
Chipotle, I agree! I am also passing!

Ketek400
11th Feb 2015, 12:25
It's only AED100/(200family) and it opens up some the greatest beach clubs in DXB to us? Why complain??

Strickontheice
11th Feb 2015, 13:16
Beach access is good but they lost focus when they tried to pad their personal pockets with kickbacks from IPEP, Atena, Swissquote and Beehive. Focus on your core product and look after the members. FACE card still has salary deduction, perhaps they remained true to their cause not personal gain. Im out

LongRangeNav
11th Feb 2015, 13:28
Best value for money in town for access to beach clubs in town, plus considerable discounts all over. Tired of hearing complaints when there are people volunteering their time and effort for little reward to give us these benefits. Only a handful of pilots bothered to turn up to the AGM to vote for and understand why changes had to be made but it was all quite reasonable. Also recall that the LIPS payments were stopped due to company as presumably are the APC deductions. Finding it hard to believe anyone could find it possible to complain about paying 5dhs extra given the circumstance. I will continue to pay happily given the hard work the club does to secure benefits for us all. :ok:

jack schidt
11th Feb 2015, 14:49
Leaning heavily towards binning it. When your children are over 16 you have to pay additional membership fees as well. Not that I want extra special treatment but, while they are in the UAE and in education until 19, I think that a family membership should be exactly that.

2 places I visited recently said that the (E)APC deal was not renegotiated, again I have little on hand knowledge of the best places to go to anymore for the worthwhile discount. The cost of the beach club visits is bloody expensive if you dont go at least twice a month to make it worth the cost!

J

fatbus
11th Feb 2015, 15:52
Jack I'm with you starting to be fewer and fewer uses for it.

Avid Aviator
11th Feb 2015, 17:16
I don't see how it's extra revenue raising for the APC? They have not changed the fees, the only extra charge is bank fees, due to our friendly management at EK refusing to salary deduct anymore (seems like a growing trend, as mentioned above).

Having said that, the e-mails have been quite blunt, threatening fines if we don't get in there within a couple of weeks. I'd like to stay with APC, but resent the threats if I don't fill out forms, come into the office this week etc.... Did Fleet sweep the latest AGM elections??

Also while I'm having a whinge, have to agree with above comments on over 16 membership. They pay full adult fees but don't get many of the perks over 21s get (like admission to any of the functions).

Thanks for your good efforts APC, but don't diss the members too much!

jack schidt
11th Feb 2015, 17:40
Buying the Dubai Explorer and then the Emirates Platinum Card for a year makes it around the same cost or less than 3 months APC.

The APC attraction for non golfers is the beach club or the view from the queue waiting to get in when someone leaves. I am not trying to be anything other than honest and objective here.

J

Am NOT Sure
11th Feb 2015, 18:11
I have access to the best gyms in town .. Best beach clubs .. Substantial discount at many of my favorite places

I am sorry many of you don't appreciate the distinction apc allows

Apc is a great club . Period

sluggums
11th Feb 2015, 18:59
I'm not saying that there aren't good deals with APC, it's just the EK management style with how they're communicating these changes, plus the 250 dhs if you're a bit late with your paperwork.

hopingforemirates
11th Feb 2015, 19:02
I've always liked the gyms and the bicycles and I think what they charge is a fair price for them. I've been a paying member for almost 8 years.

I received a message early this week and have eighteen days to run down and pay up or get whacked with a 250 dirham fine? What kind of bollocks is that? Not even credit card companies are that shi**y! But with the roster, I actually have 4 days available. In and amongst other things on my four days off now I have to take care of their poor planning and brilliant customer service or pay 250 dirham.

Maybe its time to just pay for the gym I use for about the same price, enjoy practically the same benefits Platinum gives and rent a bicycle on the layovers. On the plus side, less emails and SMS's inviting me to their sale-a-thons with TopCover and AIG and Swissquote and everyone else.

EPC, if there was a way to give you the finger with an emoticon you'd see it here.

Kapitanleutnant
12th Feb 2015, 01:16
I'm out.

It's not so much the offerings, although I do find more and more establishments I visit no longer allowing the card, but rather the fleet-like treatment. I for one seldom used the beach clubs although went a few times... Once being turned away at 9 am!!

So, I will go on with the EK platinum card for almost the same benefits at less price per month. But I will say thank you to those who have worked hard at APC/EPC to get the bicycles, the discounts etc for its membership. I'll let mine expire...

K

cf680c2b
12th Feb 2015, 01:38
I'm out. I hardly use it and I only kept it cause the deduction from salary was trouble free.

Plazbot
12th Feb 2015, 06:53
I too have given it away. While the people behind the scenes have done a great job and I appreciate their efforts, it was becoming very tedious that every time I pulled it out the deal had either expired or was not valid for what ever reason. Mamy places i would go were purely because they supported the EPC scheme as opposed to a first choice venue. I also expect that with the change of name there will be issues for a few months at least with confused looks from hospitality staff when you produce it.

rubymurray
12th Feb 2015, 08:05
We've just saved almost 2000aed using the epc card for my son's nursery fees over one term. Coupled with the fact we're regular users of some of the quieter beach clubs and gyms means we'll be hanging onto our cards for now.

vfenext
12th Feb 2015, 08:18
After witnessing what EPC do with my email address I too am not willing to give them my bank details and pay for the privilege. I'm out!

Q-pot
12th Feb 2015, 10:07
This is very disappointing from the APC indeed.

Brash, aggressive and quite frankly an extremely arrogant email.

I know that there are many volunteers who work hard for the club, but their efforts are hard to appreciate when I read emails like this. It is nothing short of the usual Dubai drivel of "don't like it, there's the door"!:{

...and I :yuk::yuk: every time I read the "access to a privelaged life" moto.

The APC seriously need to go back to basics, what's with all the financial stuff? Provide more beach club access. Places have not increased that much in line with membership.

Funnily, I had forgotten how much I was paying into this club, now that they have highlighted it, I'm leaning towards offloading this 'privelaged' expense...

Sorry APC... you've gone too far this time :=

PositiveRate876
12th Feb 2015, 11:13
Everyone should write to them and tell them what they think about the 250Dhs threat. They have really crossed the line.

When they see on Sunday that 9000 members have written in over the weekend, that should send a message to them that they are there to serve us, and there are other alternatives out there.

CAYNINE
12th Feb 2015, 12:20
I hope you good ol boys in the APC management are listening.... not a happy camp out here, but then again you probably wont.

Dune
12th Feb 2015, 12:21
My response sent today. Suggest those who are as disappointed as I am with their arrogance do the same.

I have been a member of EPC for many years (see my membership# to understand how long I have supported this organization).

I am disgusted with your condescending email attempting to charge a 250 dh penalty to force members into renewing their membership in a timeframe of your choosing. This is the sort of crap I expect from Emirates but I expect better from you and will not put up with this bull**** response.

As a result I will not be renewing my EPC membership on principle after having supported you since this club's inception in 2000.

Your arrogance has destroyed this club which was set up as a club FOR EMIRATES PILOTS; not your own self-interests.

You need to seriously remember who you are working for; US and not YOURSELVES. You have obviously forgotten this.

Good luck with your future commercial endeavors in your own self-interest.

emratty
12th Feb 2015, 12:35
I have always been a big supporter of EPC and like many on here have been a member for a long time....coming up 13 years in my case. The benefits are still good but I am disgusted by the email and the threat of a fine...it really does sound like an EK manager.
EPC is getting too big the membership is too wide and the benefits have not grown with the increase in numbers. Take a long hard look what you are doing guys read that email you sent out and just think about how you would react.

what_goes_up
12th Feb 2015, 14:51
Anybody out there with a good alternative to AETNA? My sole reason I am still with that (business)"club".

justanexample
12th Feb 2015, 15:51
Just heard from a friend of a friend of the nephew's neighbour of a committee member that the whole committee have been offered positions in HR when they manage to dismantle APC without blaming EK so all pilots finally take a platinum card.

When the club is gone EKHR can increase the fees and the company has completed the George Orwell experiment with total control over your life and makes money over it...

Dune
12th Feb 2015, 16:05
Anybody out there with a good alternative to AETNA? My sole reason I am still with that (business)"club".

I've signed up with Baymac to get their medical coverage. I've got my membership but have yet to get the medical coverage. Plan on signing up to the medical cover in the next few weeks.

donpizmeov
12th Feb 2015, 16:58
I second Baymac.

Wonder if we can convince Pork to start a new club.

alwayzinit
13th Feb 2015, 06:22
Hmm.
The EPC/APC has changed out of all recognition in the 8 years+ I've been a member.
I agree that it has strayed from its original ethos of working for the EK pilot community and become a financial entity for its own betterment.

The recent change EPC-APC, happened certainly without, me as a member, being asked, as far as I'm aware.

The increase in subs is questionable as is the dated policy of kids falling off the age ladder at 16, when many are now doing A levels or their equivalent in DXB.

On reflection the whole furore of threatening fines is another example of the depersonalisation of DXB and will back fire big time IMHO.

For the number of times we use the various facilities and deals it is now a VERY expensive club.

Kapitanleutnant
13th Feb 2015, 06:38
Ruby...

Same thing happened to me but using my new platinum card. Had just left he picking up my platinum card to go buy a new mattress I needed. Didn't even think about having it until the salesman asked if I was Emirates (was I that obvious? :-) Pulled out my shiny new platinum card and got a 2,300 Dirham discount. Figure I'm good for 5 years or so of monthly fees with it!

Kap

inverter
13th Feb 2015, 13:06
So how can APC threatens to force a 250/ Aed charge when the membership expires end of the month.
I am with you all, the committee has lost the plot.

CAT3A
13th Feb 2015, 14:18
I was planning to renew, but now for the first time am putting some thought if it is worth it.

I know we are used to threatening emails within EK but from EPC .......

Not happy

Will Rogers
14th Feb 2015, 02:49
Why is there a late fee 5 days before the end of the month? I thought the monthly membership fee was due at the end of the month and even then I don't remember anything about a late fee in any agreement (oh wait, what agreement!?). Shocking what they have been doing and are doing to something that used to be so great.

And I second everyone who says that for all that money you don't get in anywhere anyway as all the slots are used up. Useless!

As for the name change I'm sure EK had something to do with it but I also believe its because many had highlighted the fact that perhaps the EMIRATES PILOTS club should look after their own first and not let everyone with a pilots license, ATC license, dispatch license, management contract, etc in to the club. Nothing wrong with any of the aforementioned but with such a limited number of memberships everywhere it sort of kills the whole idea doesn't it!? Especially then when - as mentioned above - we're unable to get in to any beach clubs or pool areas as the club memberships aren't kept in proportion to the membership base. But hey, with a change in name that comment goes out the window doesn't it!!! Now all of us are unable to access anything :D

In all my years here I have never actually heard of anyone wanting to discontinue membership...till now. Now I hear it from all over! Sad!

Am NOT Sure
14th Feb 2015, 05:20
Kapitan

message me the mattress vendors name thanks

zamil
14th Feb 2015, 06:31
Kapitan

Me too please, message me the mattress vendors name thanks

nolimitholdem
14th Feb 2015, 06:38
Sorry for the slight drift, but I too am interested in Baymac - it certainly looks good on spec. Could anyone with some experience - either now or in the future - please post their experiences, perhaps in a separate thread? Or if sensitive info, a pm would be appreciated.

Thanks!

TangoUniform
14th Feb 2015, 11:13
This will be just one more credit type card I don't have to carry along with driver's license, UAE ID, Liquor License, car registration, Plantinum card, Medical Benefits card. Just like Emirates...I'm out.

spanishfly69
14th Feb 2015, 11:42
nolimitholdem, I have had Baymac for a year and Half and It is great. I have a 2 year old girl. I have used for her in Spain and in the USA without any issues. If I could stop EK health insurance right now I would.

319/320
14th Feb 2015, 13:32
Wouldn't it be cool to see someone start a club for EK pilots just like the original EPC?. When producing the card with pride instead of embarrassment.
Times change, same motto "If you don't like it, leave."

pumpkin
14th Feb 2015, 14:55
I agree, it has been going downhill and also agree that it should have remained just for EK pilots- too many people competing for too many spots at clubs. Also think the tone of the email is inappropriate and having recently gone in to pick up my card so it could be read by the readers- also found the lady I dealt with to be quite rude.
I also am miffed that the next time for card renewal is going to be grouped according to EPC number, and those of us with the lowest EPC numbers have to renew the earliest- yet, by logic the low numbers are held by the longest EPC members - and I suspect mostly EK pilots, and yet the most recent joiners- who have the very high EPC numbers- don't have to renew their cards again until 2019. Who the h*ll made that decision.?
Having said that, I will renew, only because the Alamo 38 % car rental deal saves my family over 1000's in the summer, and this in itself pays for the card.
If they lose that deal, I am out .

AlanPardew
14th Feb 2015, 17:36
Platinum card is now better than EPC for deals. Check with the offers, most are matched or better.

As previously stated, sometimes you can't get in to the beach clubs with EPC.

Deals aren't the best, beach access disappointments...

How do they get the arrogance from to tell us what to do?

EPC management if you're reading this, which I know you are, I strongly recommend you retract the 250aed threat and treat members/colleagues with respect, it's pathetic behaviour.

Alan Pardew

Q-pot
14th Feb 2015, 20:02
APC
Listen your paying members
:ok:

g109
15th Feb 2015, 10:45
Guys. I also won't be renewing my epc membership for me and my wife. Paying 2400 aed per year for what ? Being bothered by financial firms selling insurance products?
They all are not interested in us. They just want our money.
Also I agree. Platinum is by far better. Better discounts and better beach club access.
I hope epc apc will loose many members over this
Imagine. If you were in that club for say 10 years you would have payed minimum 24000 aed. Plus they increased prices for membership last year

fatbus
15th Feb 2015, 10:52
Anyone have any idea how much they are skimming, I've heard tons. Anyone else hear the same . Where is all the money going. Kick backs on almost everything. Prove me wrong APC, never did agree to the name change or including non EK Pilots . That was all about money.Dubai is all about greed , individual greed.

BobDole
15th Feb 2015, 11:13
I'm sure I missed an email somewhere... How does platinum get us beach club access?

lospilotos
15th Feb 2015, 11:46
There is Platinum "Premium" or whatever itīs called that includes club access. It of course comes with a premium (the monetary kind) and membership numbers are limited. They send out invitation emails now and then....

lospilotos
15th Feb 2015, 11:52
I perhaps donīt agree with everything the EPC/APC committe does, but itīs still a pretty darn good deal. Paying 2.400/year is nothing compared to what a private membership would cost my and my family at e.g. Westin. True, access is not guaranteed but in the time weīve been here only once were we turned away from Westin, at 1 PM on a weekend...

Hereīs another one that seems to like it: The benefits of private club membership in the UAE | The National (http://www.thenational.ae/business/personal-finance/the-benefits-of-private-club-membership-in-the-uae)

BobDole
15th Feb 2015, 12:39
Found it!

Groupworld - Community - emirates card - Premium Club Membership

Looks like it will re-up for the year on April 1. Not a bad deal at all!
1,100 aed last year for you + spouse + 2 x <16 year old to most of the clubs people use.

We might just have to switch....

AlanPardew
15th Feb 2015, 14:34
I'm leaving EPC and going to platinum premium- it's genuinely non-profit.

Can someone from EPC reply to this thread like you usually do and justify the 250aed fine please

Thanks

BigGeordie
15th Feb 2015, 14:47
54 posts on this thread so far and not a word from anybody at APC. Maybe they feel they don't need to respond to their members?

CAT3A
15th Feb 2015, 15:04
..... another email today from another financial company through EPC/APC

AlanPardew
15th Feb 2015, 16:11
It's getting to be like those ***** at Globaleye, constantly getting on to us trying to sell. They had better stop the emails once I've left.

Kammel
16th Feb 2015, 03:18
I'm out... Will keep the Platinum card, better travel deals in any case.

Rotaiva
16th Feb 2015, 04:44
Curious; has the cabin crew club 'FACE' encountered the same problem? Are they now looking at paying their membership independent to Emirates as well?

If not, the I need to hear from EPC/APC management why it is just this club?

Seems to me that there are other reasons for the change that have not been explained to us?

I would love to be corrected, or at the very least 'set straight' regarding this matter.

fliion
16th Feb 2015, 06:07
Any gym access with Emirates Paltinum?

f.

gastounet
16th Feb 2015, 07:07
I love the beach hotels and the bikes during layovers !
I wont let them down ... So much negativity on this forum ...
Get a life guys ...

sluggums
16th Feb 2015, 11:53
Oh, ok, we'll all change our minds just cos you said... Given that you've never had a negative opinion, ever. Just heading out to get a life. :rolleyes:

Praise Jebus
16th Feb 2015, 13:05
I have been a member since the club's inception and renewed again because it offers something I want. If it no longer does to you then don't re-sign...how hard is that? I no longer have the same connection to it since the name change but I didn't join for that. Its not an Emirates club any more...its a lifestyle card take it or leave it. Why people need to tell the world they have cancelled a membership is beyond me. Self validation perhaps???

donpizmeov
16th Feb 2015, 13:08
They giving out oven mitts?

Praise Jebus
16th Feb 2015, 13:21
Now I'm sad.....missing those mitts :(

vfenext
16th Feb 2015, 15:28
. Why people need to tell the world they have cancelled a membership is beyond me.
Same reason you chose to tell the world you didn't cancel I guess.

falconeasydriver
16th Feb 2015, 17:00
Jebus, it's not the content, it's the tone.....in the same way as we get p1ssed off when certain individuals in a certain organisation with its headquarters on the corner of Airport Road and Marrakech that disperse their own brand of dross.
I'm renewing, not for myself, but for when the missus visits with the kids and uses the various gyms. I have also made it abundantly clear to them that I don't respond well to threats.
Will they care? probably not.

knifedge
16th Feb 2015, 19:17
It is not the first time arrogance comes off the Kingdom....:=

- Where are the great 40 % discounts on the wide range of restaurants ?
- Are We not sponsoring The Kingdom and his friends social events ?
- the EPC started with a great spirit in the hands of MP, but arrogance and personal deals are deteriorating the club.
- the way it is being managed reminds me a company a friend of mine works for.
- Guys,.dont forget You can do what You are doing because 4000 pilots are paying the membership, don't s...w them up...
- bring it back, please...

jack schidt
17th Feb 2015, 08:46
I am surprised that APC are collecting the last payment in the Feb salary and the card will become invalid a few days later on the 1st March! That is a very expensive membership for around 2 days of usage of the current card, unless of course you go to Fairmont and replace the card for a month.

I have calculated that I have spent almost 60k AED on the membership over the years and by my estimates I have not utilised 20k of that subscription fee. My decision without doubt is to not renew and my membership number is pretty low. Sad times indeed!

J

justanexample
17th Feb 2015, 17:36
Hi Jack,

Your remark made me recalculate my membership fees as well and my magic figure today is: 25080

EPC started, if my memory serves me well with 60AED per person ie 120 for my situation, fees were increased in 2007 to 75 aed and in 2014 to 100

2000-2006 7*12*120=10080
2007-2013 7*12*150=12600
2014 12*200=2400
sum 25080

That made me wonder on the usage figure, I don't use my card too much so let's say I visit the gym 6 times a year and I only pay the value for this in the month I use it.
Just googled the average gym price in dubai 4200AED per year equals 350AED per month, that is today so started up Excel and calculated it back with an inflation of 10% per year.
This values for me: 15500 AED as my wife is as lazy as me that equals to 31000AED

Did I tell you guys I love playing with numbers?

harry the cod
18th Feb 2015, 22:18
justanexample

I think you need to get out more. The gym might be a good start! (6 times a year......you're having a giraffe mate!) Still, makes me feel so much better knowing I'm not the only lazy sod in this fitness obsessed Company! You weren't the fat bloke in SEP last month that bought everyone a doughnut were you?

Harry

Eau de Boeing
19th Feb 2015, 12:50
Check your email's, the reply is out from APC/EPC/PPC/LPC/OPC......

helen-damnation
19th Feb 2015, 13:21
Totally agree with the sentiments expressed about that email.

However, without wishing to p!55 on certain bonfires, exactly how many platinum premium access places are there that you're all going to try and get?

Yes, I'll be looking too!

SOPS
19th Feb 2015, 13:27
So the question has to be....where is all the money going?

AlanPardew
19th Feb 2015, 17:55
I received a private message from a board member explaining they wont be answering questions on this forum, fair enough I thought especially as we received that (extremely defensive) email from them today.

Anyway, I have the following points/suggestions and I'll also forward to the private message sender. These are genuine, despite some of the tone.

1. Does anyone actually go to these events that are thrown using the leftover money they get? I've been a member for over 5 years and know nobody who's been. Looking at the serious amount of cash that must be made by our non-profit organisation, is it only Cristal and caviar served?

2. Wouldn't it make more sense to not hold these social events that seemingly no-one goes to (I am aware some folk attend, the same awkward faces show up on their photos) - and pass the savings onto us? Maybe go back to 75aed/mth membership or not charging for the supplementary cards?

3. So the 250aed fine isn't a fine? Or it is? Or is this some class A backtracking? This is more confusing than the recent leave amendment email

AlanPardew
19th Feb 2015, 17:59
As a sort of poll, does anyone attend the EPC/APC balls or think they are money well spent?

Personally, if they must spam my email account every month, I'd prefer to get something out of it like a discount on membership or an opt out of spam option.

sluggums
19th Feb 2015, 19:15
A LOT of spin in the email. Back pedal, back pedal, GO...! Maybe the cash flow wasn't looking so good....

Panther 88
20th Feb 2015, 07:44
I am done with EPC, APC, or whatever they call themselves. I was a huge supporter of them, went to numerous SIDS and STARS events, and used the card extensively. Now I never know when such events happen. Hell, even F.A.C.E. inform their members of events by the way of sinage in the arrivals area. But when they decided to extend invitations to others outside of the Emirates Airlines' realm, things began to change. Discounts or the amount of discount began to dwindle, memberships at clubs were being used up on a daily basis and frankly I don't see the value in it, allbeit, the small amount per month. Frankly, I can see why Emirates might want to distance themselves from the club. Sad really.

fatbus
20th Feb 2015, 12:18
It used to be a respected card now it's hobo pilot card.

TangoUniform
20th Feb 2015, 16:00
Actually, it seems it's a golf or gym card. Worthwhile if those are your main activities.

Big Buddha
20th Feb 2015, 16:07
My kids enjoyed their time at the Jumeirah Beach Hotel today.

I will be trying to go to the next SIDS/STARS evening for a nice cheap night, I have always found them to be a good, very good, place to meet loads of people.

The sponsors seem to support these things quite nicely.

Feel free to put all your eggs in the Emirates basket, good luck to you.

BigGeordie
21st Feb 2015, 05:28
It is a fine line between 'sponsoring' APC and being 'recommended' by APC. I see one of the latest sponsors is a peer to peer lending site which advertises 10% returns. Nothing intrinsically wrong with such investment but it would be classed as high risk in most parts of the world. APC will undoubtedly say they are just a sponsor but I suspect a lot of people will think APC are in some way recommending the company- this has happened before. Doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the 'club' at all.

jack schidt
21st Feb 2015, 06:12
Only yesterday afternoon at a Friday "event"..

"Can I have the bill please and do you take EPC/APC card for a discount"

Reply,

"No sorry but we do take Emirates Platinum Card"

Decision.....Solved...

Jack

sluggums
22nd Feb 2015, 04:13
The whole thing just feels a bit sleezy. I think I've managed to unsubscribe from the incessant emails pedalling one load of rubbish or another.

Saltaire
23rd Feb 2015, 04:35
Ek platinum card premier membership. Looks like the start of a massive shift away from EPC/APC.

Emma Royds
23rd Feb 2015, 04:51
Which is exactly what the company wants. For those that think that EK make no money from the Platinum card, then think again.

Schnowzer
23rd Feb 2015, 05:04
Just renewed EPC, have been in it from the start. The office was pretty busy yesterday. I use Platinum for discounts and APC for clubs. The premier membership is a great headline idea but how many will really be released?

I can see the time will come when the numbers don't make sense but they do for the moment.

EK380
23rd Feb 2015, 07:32
Check CPY mail guys:

New option for Emirates card holders Premium Club Membership covering the beach club issue for 1200 AED per year for a FAMILY (100/month), with access to 9 hotels/beachclubs around Dubai

ByeBye APC

lospilotos
23rd Feb 2015, 07:53
I'm enjoying the discounts of APC almost on a daily basis, and pretty much get my monthly membership fee back the first time, not to mention what a club membership would cost me....

I also have Platinum and I enjoy that too...

As I understand the Platinum Premium is only valid for the main card holder + family, which I guess means the wife and kids can't go if you're not there with them. Stand to be corrected, but that's how I read the Ts&Cs...

Perhaps someone already using this could clarify?

320DRIVER
23rd Feb 2015, 12:00
Is it a coincidence that the Platinum e mail from the Company was sent today, i.e. the deadline for the renewal for APC?