PDA

View Full Version : Top Ten Airlines 2014

Chocks Away
10th Feb 2015, 18:35
Six months down the track looking back at the SkyTrax awards (http://www.arabianbusiness.com/photos/revealed-world-s-top-ten-best-airlines-2014-558137.html#.VNpb5IHXeK1), I would say it looks a fair bit different now I guess.

Happy Landings:ok:

toffeez
10th Feb 2015, 18:44
Meaningless

Sop_Monkey
10th Feb 2015, 18:44
An old and very true saying. Goes for man, machine and corporation.

"Only as good as your last flight, sonny"

Trackdiamond
10th Feb 2015, 18:55
These two seem to have an inseperable relationship these two!

fdcg27
10th Feb 2015, 23:51
We had a couple of trips last year on a legacy US carrier that ranks near the bottom in every element of every survey.
Based upon those four flights, I'd rank this carrier near the top.
I've also had less than great trips on highly ranked carriers.
Sop_Monkey has it right.

Transformers
11th Feb 2015, 03:12
Well I dont know about you guys but I am more interested in what the Top Ten Airlines are to Work for....? Not what some made up Fack media/committee decides is the best airline for us to travel on....! Total B/S...........!:ugh:

Phileas Fogg
11th Feb 2015, 04:09
I agree with Cathay Pacific being in there, my three flights with them have all been good with the LHR/HKG sector catering being exceptional.

Swiss is an airline that I have flown with frequently and have nothing but praise for them, Swiss don't even get a mention whilst a bunch of clowns that pranged a B777 in to SFO get ranked at No. 8!

Even worse is Turkish at No. 5, my experience of them was that the cabin floor became so littered with discarded newspapers the emergency floor lighting became obscured and the cabin crew were too pre-occupied earning their bar commission to attend to such a flight safety issue.

crewmeal
11th Feb 2015, 05:23
I don't believe Skytax pay any attention to safety issues, as long as a carrier can serve up some nice crisp garlic bread and a bottle or 2 of Chateau Lafite then relax in your sleeper suit then you'll be in the top 10.

Agreed it's meaningless and is only as good as your last flight.

clunckdriver
11th Feb 2015, 06:39
What a total load of nonsense !

alserire
11th Feb 2015, 11:17
Skytrax is the equivalent of The X Factor or Britain's Got Talent or muck like that. It's just a survey with the glossiest winning.

I agree re Swissair. A fine airline. I connect through Zurich any time I am heading East or South.

PilotsOfTheCaribbean
11th Feb 2015, 11:46
Another opportunity for airline executives to shell out five grand for a table full of their mates to have a party and be awarded a non-descript piece of glass with some fairly meaningless title attached. Justified as a piece of marketing embellishment, while they do their level best to avoid having to actually answer the phones, or otherwise communicate with their unhappy customers.

But apart from that....A great idea!

PAXboy
11th Feb 2015, 18:12
Pilots. That is a superb summing up of airline/airport/aircraft/hair salon of the year/etcetrera awards. :ok:

I have said before that these events are only done to nail another plaque on the wall and another chunk on their bonus. I've seen it done in almost every sector of commerce and charity and government.

Sober Lark
18th Feb 2015, 22:40
You pay to win so you can state on your marketing and promotional material that you are 'award winning' this and 'award winning' that. An airline like no other. You can buy the world cup these days.

DaveReidUK
19th Feb 2015, 06:56
You can buy the world cup these daysWell the opportunity to host it, at least - you don't get to keep it. :O

Allegedly.

Sober Lark
19th Feb 2015, 08:47
You've a good sense of humour David but hey stop kicking sand in my eyes :)

Mr Mac
19th Feb 2015, 11:58
If you want to see real sucking up my Wife (One time Aviation lawyer)recommends the routes conferences which apparently can be quite toe curling.