PDA

View Full Version : Propecia and Medicals

Cpt BirdSeed
5th Jun 2002, 15:56
Does anyone know if taking Propecia will show up on Class 1 Medical Renewals, or for that matter original medicals.

Apparently, Propecia (Finasteride), the treatment for Male Pattern Baldness will be approved after 2 days of taking without side effects for Pilots by an aviation medical consultant, as it is obviously a vary safe drug that has no know side effects on a pilots ability.

However this drug is extremely expensive on prescription, and embarrassing to ask for.

Therefore if someone started taking it, would it show up on a medical blood test???

Thanks.

Lou Scannon
10th Jun 2002, 18:33
With luck your AME won't notice that you have gone from totally bald to a full head of hair in just six months!

If it works-pass the word on!

Hew Jampton
11th Jun 2002, 12:00
would it show up on a medical blood test Don't know but it will show up on the form that you sign that asks whether you are on any medication or have seen a doctor. Does your embarrassment extend to lieing and breaking the law?

noblues
23rd Jun 2002, 08:44
I heard it kills the sex drive !

I'd rather be bald and proud of it !

maxy101
26th Jun 2002, 09:52
I've been taking it for about 4 yrs now, never mentioned it to the AME, and he's never noticed, so I guess it doesn't get picked up. I gather that the blood tests only check for a very limited number of conditions....As for the cost, it works out at about 1 Pound a day or about a Euro if you buy it in Spain. You can also buy it over the counter in BKK.

mfds
30th Jun 2002, 00:21
maxy101 - Does it work ?

What level of baldness did you have before using it and how effectiive has it been ?

How long does it take to have any effect ?

takenthe5thamendment
30th Jun 2002, 00:50
Just buy a toupee - problem solved!

Hair and no drugs to show in blood test. :D

maxy101
8th Jul 2002, 16:48
Well ,the wife says it seems to work. I can only see the difference in old and new photo's...

noblues
30th Nov 2002, 19:32
Well, its been July since this thread was last 'visited' .....enough time for the folicals to sprout !

Is anyone now using electric hedge trimmers to keep their scalp growth at bay !

(I'm bald and proud of it, sure its the company hats that are the trigger for baldnesss .... or is it flying with Capt X !).