PDA

View Full Version : Ryanair

Ryanair Wannabee
5th Jun 2002, 15:53
Hi pprune.
This is my first post on pprune so be gentle!
I would love to work for Ryanair, and was wondering ...
1. How many flights do Ryanair cabin crew do a day?
2. How many days off / days working do Ryanair cabin crew have a month?
3. Are cabin crew at Ryanair unionised?
4. Do Ryanair crews turn around the aircraft themselves as easy crews do?
5. Any other things you can 'elp me with?

Thanx
Ryanair Wannabee :)

FlyingIrishman
7th Jun 2002, 06:41
Depending on where you are based, cabin crew do 4 - 6 flights a day. I'm not sure about the days off but I think this is kept in line with the pilots (5 on 3 off).

Ryanair strongly discourages staff from membership of trade unions as they prefer to deal with staff directly.

I don't know what turnarounds are like at EZY but I expect them to be similar. Cabin crew have to tidy the aircraft and then 1 person has to go to the gate to help boarding the aircraft.

Money obviously depends on where you are based. Your salary will be higher in Stansted than Charleroi and Hahn.

Ryanair Wannabee
9th Jun 2002, 16:17
thanx.
if anyone has any more info, please post here! :)

Departures Beckham
3rd Jul 2002, 01:24
Here's my input:

Generally FR crews operate four sectors per day (either early flights departing about 6am and returning about 2pm or lates -2pm to 11pm).

Cabin crew used to board the flights (pull boarding cards) but I believe they now stand on the ramp to 'monitor' boarding (make sure no one damages the aircraft and no aircraft damage the passengers).

On a turnaround the cabin crew clean the aircraft (well run through with plastic bags).

Quite a few people start off working for one of Ryanair's handling agents (e.g. GroundStar at STN) and then go to FR.

That's all I can think of for now,

Departures Beckham

TightSlot
3rd Jul 2002, 10:47
Ryanair strongly discourages staff from membership of trade unions as they prefer to deal with staff directly

Quite right too - let's abolish all cabin crew trade unions so that our employers can talk to us directly - so much more sensible.

It's just as well that we can trust our managers to be fair and reasonable in their dealings with us.;)