PDA

View Full Version : 3rd World Space Programme

Saintsman
8th Feb 2015, 16:39
It might make you a bit dizzy, but still, it shows promise...

watch?v=MbzoeJxPEBk

Windy Militant
8th Feb 2015, 17:01
Don't knock it, it's better than any thing the UK's had since 1973! :}

Gordy
8th Feb 2015, 17:12
And Michigan farmers are ahead of the curve too:

Porta-Potty takes to the sky (http://www.theheraldbusinessjournal.com/article/20141207/BLOG46/141209246/1010/Amateur-rocketeers-cheer-as-porta-potty-takes-to-sky)

et4UqrkknxQ

Don_Apron
8th Feb 2015, 17:13
India is third world but they are capable of putting a man on the moon. Much more advanced than the UK.

Rosevidney1
8th Feb 2015, 17:20
Yes, we really must keep sending them money.......

bcgallacher
8th Feb 2015, 17:29
Don apron Advanced? You obviously have never been there. It is a country of squalor, bigotry and poverty not to mention corruption on a massive scale. Just your average 3rd world country.Compare the Indian infant mortality rate to the UK and tell me again how advanced India is. (46 per 100000 as opposed to 4 per 100000) A space programme at the cost of thousands of dead infants.

Quizling
8th Feb 2015, 17:33
That's no way to speak about the UK. :=:=:=

Don_Apron
8th Feb 2015, 20:03
Oh I've done time down there alright, don't worry about that. There is all that you described but also tremendous wealth. No I don't agree with it either but there ya go.

ExRAFRadar
8th Feb 2015, 20:37
Sorry but more advanced than the UK?

I think that we can all agree that when they have sorted out the plumbing and sewage and can give a decent healthcare to everyone of their citizens then they can to try and put a man on the moon.

Im sure we would have a crack Space program if we stopped funding the NHS, let a big percentage of the population live in squalor and use what is basically slave labour.

Read this and tell me how advanced India is.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight-opinion/article/1294764/poverty-figures-cant-hide-indias-shameful-squalor

bcgallacher
8th Feb 2015, 21:22
Don apron - If you have been in India why make such an idiotic statement?

tony draper
8th Feb 2015, 21:24
What makes India a third world country is the fifty million citizens still shitting in the street.:)

Don_Apron
8th Feb 2015, 22:21
Technically they are advanced, that's a fact like it or not. So why would that be idiotic to say so. I don't agree the UK should be sending them aid.

Windy Militant
8th Feb 2015, 23:07
Watching Guy Martin earlier he quoted Gandhi who said "sanitation was more important than independence."
So maybe we should be sending our aid in the form of Armitage shanks and Osmasoil. ;)

joy ride
9th Feb 2015, 08:02
This device reminds me of concepts like the the Focke Wolfe Triebflugel.

cattletruck
9th Feb 2015, 08:17
What makes India a third world country is the fifty million citizens still shitting in the street.

...and soon the moon.

chuks
9th Feb 2015, 08:29
India is just another one of those places with a crazy combination of high tech and absolute, grinding, Stone Age poverty, a nation with a space program, but also with people fighting it out over the right to a certain patch of sidewalk to sleep on, for example.

The USA has benefited from many Indians coming over with very high skills to work in aerospace and IT, just to name two things.

We have a lot of first-generation immigrants who start out running motels, for example. I once startled this hotelier chap near Boston by first guessing his family name, "Patel," and then asking about that delicious smell wafting out of the kitchen, what turned out to be a batch of fresh samosas.

He offered me one, served by his pretty young daughter, when I ate it and pronounced it good. (Father, mother, and daughter had been watching me eat it, expecting me to fall over screaming that I'd been poisoned, since it tasted nothing like a Big Mac.) Just to check, they gave me a second one, which I also ate! Amazing!

I think I was the first American they had ever met who knew anything about the Patels of Gujurat, or what a samosa is. I later told them that I had worked with a guy in Nigeria, ex-Uganda, whose family had come from Gujurat, so that I was not quite as green as all that when it came to knowing a bit about India.

I bet that the pretty daughter is in school right now, finishing her Master's degree. The kind of work ethic you come away with from having seen some of your people sleeping on the sidewalk, and others of your people launching rockets, you won't get that from America but from India.

Hunter58
9th Feb 2015, 09:26
Yup, having one people launching rocktets to the moon while others sleep on the sidewalk, the Americans succesfully proved the concept some 45 years ago...

They stopped the moonflights...

tony draper
9th Feb 2015, 10:02
Well they were ordered to do that by the real bosses of America who live at area 51,well that what a bloke on youtube says anyway.
:rolleyes:

TURIN
9th Feb 2015, 11:37
https://allthingsvice.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/tin_foil_hat.gif

maliyahsdad2
9th Feb 2015, 11:41
...and soon the moon.

:D Post of the month winner right there.

oxenos
9th Feb 2015, 15:51
Who ever was in the Port-a-Potty must have wondered what he had eaten.

Lonewolf_50
9th Feb 2015, 15:57
Don apron Advanced? You obviously have never been there. It is a country of squalor, bigotry and poverty not to mention corruption on a massive scale. Just your average 3rd world country.Compare the Indian infant mortality rate to the UK and tell me again how advanced India is. (46 per 100000 as opposed to 4 per 100000) A space programme at the cost of thousands of dead infants.
They don't seem to care, why do you? It isn't your country. :confused:

tony draper
9th Feb 2015, 16:16
It used to be.:rolleyes:

bcgallacher
9th Feb 2015, 18:11
LoneWolf 50 - what gives you the impression that I care? I was merely stating that India was not an advanced country - I was first there in 1956 and have spent some time working there. I never really got used to the smell of shit - both bovine and human.

Lonewolf_50
9th Feb 2015, 18:35
What gave me the impression was the tone of the post.
The other thought I had was that this isn't a matter of "either / or" regarding advances in tech and squalor living side by side.
The course of the industrial revolution was rife with examples of same.

airship
9th Feb 2015, 19:11
YES! I do declare that we're the 3rd world / planet / rock away from the Sun, as confirmed by:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TETLN49CUmE

Though I do prefer the more recent confirmation of that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5GZpJ0bYFs

So far as all the mostly derogatory comments about India are concerned, what I can say with some confidence is that: lacking toilet-paper, millions of Indians instead wash their nether regions with water. Compared to millions of westerners (including most of those now reading this I'm assured) who are currently sitting in front of their PCs with quite dirty a-r-s-e-h-o-l-e-s. And soiled underpants. And altogether much too complacent and comfortable with their current status (whether that is merely their personal space or the general space separating them and a moon)...?! :p

Don_Apron
9th Feb 2015, 19:19
Airsh1t

Sh1t your post is the post of the month for me:ok: About ship, no paper in the toilets in most of the 3rd world. Had a lot of those sit down jobs with a copper piper bent to the correct angle. Very critical that, as when the water was turned on it gave one quite a thrill!:}

Automation at its best.

Carry0nLuggage
9th Feb 2015, 21:48
The UK could have had a launcher programme, we just chose Polaris instead; couldn't afford both.

Mind you as far as space programmes go, our payload business is doing quite nicely thank you :ok:

reynoldsno1
9th Feb 2015, 23:25
India is third world but they are capable of putting a man on the moon. Much more advanced than the UK.
I don't know whether this comment is meant to refer to the OPs video - but it seems to have occurred in Thailand - the script on the billboard certainly looks Thai.

bosnich71
10th Feb 2015, 03:06
Who would have thought,Airship, who is always rattling on about racism, being racist himself?

AtomKraft
10th Feb 2015, 06:23
Having tried both, the indian method of cleaning your ass after a tom tit, is far superior to our own Paper in your hand' method.
Their hand held scoosher thing works very well and greatly reduces the likelihood of having to wash hour own shit off your fingers.

bcgallacher
10th Feb 2015, 09:45
The above only applies to those Indians who actually have running water and toilets - hundreds of millions do without.